Banter Opposition Welcome - Freo Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the WC are wary about overpaying McGvn because he's not that versatile and with these proposed rule changes it could very easily favour an AP type tall mobile KPD with good closing speed to match up with the Hipwood / Curnow / Lynch types 1v1

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Croad was the same, Connolly went down the road of trading picks for players, and selling the future for now.
Add Tarrant, I think it was Scott who helped him turn around his career as a backman later on.
Mark Harvey was an average coach but he laid the foundations of our rebuild.
Feels like history is starting to repeat itself, and we are at the crossroads.

Croad and Tarrant were both introverts that had trouble dealing with the Perth fishbowl. McGovern is already in WA.

I think the WC are wary about overpaying McGvn because he's not that versatile and with these proposed rule changes it could very easily favour an AP type tall mobile KPD with good closing speed to match up with the Hipwood / Curnow / Lynch types 1v1

The proposed rules are a minimum of 2 players from each team inside 50, cant see how that affects someone like McGovern. He can still play lose as the 3rd defender.

The proposed rules are a minimum of 2 players from each team inside 50, cant see how that affects someone like McGovern. He can still play lose as the 3rd defender.

Yes but if turns out it's counterproductive to have a loose defender his lack of versatility suddenly becomes a problem , he's a great player but he's pretty specific. Gaff will be a good player regardless of what happens so is a safer bet. Best case for us is Gov leaves the WC for someone other than us I think but hey I've been wrong heaps of times before

I think as a free agent (you give up no draft picks) we need to take him.

We have 5 or 6 A graders, but we badly need some more depth players and he will make everyone in our back line look better.

Not trying to be a total campaigner but who are Freo's '5 or 6 A graders'? I've got Fyfe and Walters and I will give you Pearce at a stretch but who else? Sandilands and Mundy have been A Graders but aren't anymore. Neale, Hill & Hill are all solid B's - B+

Not trying to be a total campaigner but who are Freo's '5 or 6 A graders'? I've got Fyfe and Walters and I will give you Pearce at a stretch but who else? Sandilands and Mundy have been A Graders but aren't anymore. Neale, Hill & Hill are all solid B's - B+

If Neale was playing for West Coast he would be your best midfielder.

Sandilands not an A grader? What are you smoking? He would be most teams starting ruckman! Still rarely gets beaten in the ruck and most weeks destroys the oppositions ruckman.

Neale is a very very good player and would be a walk up start to any midfield in the comp and that makes him an A grader in my book.

Fyfe, Neale, Walters, Hill, Pearce, Hill

All A or B plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe, Neale, Walters, Hill, Pearce, Hill

All A or B plus.
As opposed to McLovin, Steffi Gaff, kkkkkkennedy & yeo gabba Gabba?
They would argue the Fijian high jumper as well :poo::moustache::p

Last edited:
Croad was the same, Connolly went down the road of trading picks for players, and selling the future for now.
Add Tarrant, I think it was Scott who helped him turn around his career as a backman later on.
Mark Harvey was an average coach but he laid the foundations of our rebuild.
Feels like history is starting to repeat itself, and we are at the crossroads.
You have the wrong news regarding Connolly and the Croad trade. Connolly was part of trading him from Hawthorn., not recruiting him to Fremantle.

You have the wrong news regarding Connolly and the Croad trade. Connolly was part of trading him from Hawthorn., not recruiting him to Fremantle.

Schwab was obsessed with the art of the deal. He couldn't help himself when it came to trading.

Didn't both of them come to Freo in 2002? Regardless Connolly played him out of position, or where Croad liked to play.
His best footy was in the backline.

Didn't both of them come to Freo in 2002? Regardless Connolly played him out of position, or where Croad liked to play.
His best footy was in the backline.
Yes, Connolly didn't want Croad, and didn't think we needed him in our backline*, but that is totally different conversation. Schwab recruited Croad, and then recruited Connolly. Croad kicked 42 goals in his first season (14th in the AFL) despite it being his first year being played as a KPF. We dream that McCarthy might do the same. A forward line containing Pavlich, Croad, Polak and J Longmuir should have been amazing.

* We had a raft of defenders including MacPharlin, Haddril, Parker, Brown, Jones, MacPhee and Grover. Croad was indeed a better defender, but we just didn't need him there.

Holly moses you guys are reasonable people.

I went into the west coast thread and they are proclaiming a decent trade would be Scott Lycett for kelly.

I think we will deal with Fremantle if the club has a similar fair mentality

Eagles didn’t rate him at pick 21 and you guys pounced at 24, good on you.
If he leaves then you will get value for sure.
If I was him I’d be pissed that West Coast passed on me when they had their opportunity.
Broker a deal with Freo.....
If not this year, next year.

I went into the west coast thread and they are proclaiming a decent trade would be Scott Lycett for kelly.

Not me....I'd give ya Danyle Pearce cause thats how I roll

Nah honestly Kelly been pretty good this year and I'm not sure on his true value but a contract is a contract so overs it will be unless he sees it out. Lycett...wouldn't be a bad get but you want want something back your way I'd imagine.

Sorry buddy unless one of our blokes wants to leave we won't have anything for you , things are probably going to get a bit on the desperate side for us in the next few weeks and we will need our 1st rounder to sell some hope to the fans I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back