Banter Opposition Welcome - Freo Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

If reports of us going all in on Ian Hill are true, would pick 6 be enough to get both Tim Kelly and Geelong's first round pick? Throw in Tucker or Sheridan, maybe even Meek?

If not I think trading with Adelaide's Pick 12 would be the best, as that's around Hill's range

Liam Baker would be about a 5th round pick surely? He's only potential at the moment but he seems to be coming along well

Tim Kelly
Liam Baker
Ian Hill
Carter
Medhat

Pretty good haul, maybe Fasolo as a free agent. Chase Lobb, Swallow, Cogs and Hogan next year, spend big.

If reports of us going all in on Ian Hill are true, would pick 6 be enough to get both Tim Kelly and Geelong's first round pick? Throw in Tucker or Sheridan, maybe even Meek?

If not I think trading with Adelaide's Pick 12 would be the best, as that's around Hill's range

Liam Baker would be about a 5th round pick surely? He's only potential at the moment but he seems to be coming along well

Tim Kelly
Liam Baker
Ian Hill
Carter
Medhat

Pretty good haul, maybe Fasolo as a free agent. Chase Lobb, Swallow, Cogs and Hogan next year, spend big.
Doesn't look like Kelly is leaving and don't think Cats would do the firsts swap + Kelly without us giving something else of note.

I think Adelaide's 12+17 is the best option. Depends on where it looks like Rankine might land and how sure we are that iHill will still be there at 12.

Edit: Also I am surprised that we are that into iHill. Thought we'd go pure mid or KPF in this draft.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like Kelly is leaving and don't think Cats would do the firsts swap + Kelly without us giving something else of note.

I think Adelaide's 12+17 is the best option. Depends on where it looks like Rankine might land and how sure we are that iHill will still be there at 12.

Edit: Also I am surprised that we are that into iHill. Thought we'd go pure mid or KPF in this draft.
I reckon we will go pure mid still. There is a fair amount of quality in that top 6 or so. Not saying Hill isn't quality. Just a bit small

Hello, I posted this in the draft and trade forum, however happy to hear your thoughts:

Assuming Cerra wants to leave Fremantle (a big IF) and Carlton are granted a Priority Pick:

Pick #6 + Cerra + Darcy Tucker for/ Picks #1 and #19?

Hello, I posted this in the draft and trade forum, however happy to hear your thoughts:

Assuming Cerra wants to leave Fremantle (a big IF) and Carlton are granted a Priority Pick:

Pick #6 would stay with us there. Cerra is two first round picks to dislodge, Tucker is free, #19 is a second round pick in actuality regardless of name.

I reckon we will go pure mid still. There is a fair amount of quality in that top 6 or so. Not saying Hill isn't quality. Just a bit small
[Standard disclaimer about going off a couple of highlight packages]

Having finally seen Hills reel I must say I was impressed. Agile, balanced and very fast. Excellent and creative by hand. Burnt more than his fair share of longer kicks I thought but very creative with his short kicking. Short though! If the rumour earlier in this thread is true then it's possible that if we don't rate the players left after Walsh, Lukosius, Smith and Rankine (who look impossible to pass over) I.E. the Kings, Rozee, Hately etc. as any more than at best marginally better prospects than Hill we could well downgrade to take him round the 10 to 14 mark. If we do rate them better its hard to imagine us departing from the best available rule.

Pick #6 would stay with us there. Cerra is two first round picks to dislodge, Tucker is free, #19 is a second round pick in actuality regardless of name.
Cerra would be pick 1 and 19 by himself MITSUHIRATO. This is not just the regular big footy supporters habitual over-rating of their players: Kid is going to be a top 6 midfielder in the comp.

You did say IF Cerra wanted to leave. So if that was the case it’s not terrible.

I’d rather keep Tucker and do 6 and Cerra for 1 and 19.

Obviously I’d rather just keep Cerra, so there’s big ifs here.

Funny enough with all the performances of the top draftees this year, and nominations for Rising Star which Stephenson will probably win - i still have Cerra ahead of all of Stephenson, Rayner and the others, except probably Richards who I think is going to be super as well and Brayshaw not far behind. I hope we can get his extension soon but either way his trade value surely would be the equiv of pick one and say pick ten 2020 first and 2021 first. Or end 2019 straigt trade for Hogan. Gee i do hope he stays with us though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did say IF Cerra wanted to leave. So if that was the case it’s not terrible.

I’d rather keep Tucker and do 6 and Cerra for 1 and 19.

Obviously I’d rather just keep Cerra, so there’s big ifs here.

I still think 6 for Cerra for 1 and 19 is unders.

Plus Carlton do not have pick 19 any more. They do have 23 and 26.

Maybe 6 and Cerra for 1, 23 and 26 but in reality I think Cerra is a guaranteed star, and if we took him at pick 2 or 3 you would be very happy.

Tim Kelly
Liam Baker
Ian Hill
Carter
Medhat

Fasolo ???? what are you on

I still think 6 for Cerra for 1 and 19 is unders.

Plus Carlton do not have pick 19 any more. They do have 23 and 26.

Maybe 6 and Cerra for 1, 23 and 26 but in reality I think Cerra is a guaranteed star, and if we took him at pick 2 or 3 you would be very happy.

It was on the proviso that we received #19 as Priority Pick.

Firstly, the golden rule with a prospect like Cerra is that if he wants to stay then he is not up for trade, so any discussion needs that as a pre-requisite. I am a bit less confident about what Cerra is worth in this draft than others here.

Carlton would ask for Cerra + 6 for pick 1. With the SA clubs well stocked with picks, if Carlton did open up for offers, they will get very good offers from them.

I wonder how SPS is going. He may be open to move to WA. Pick 1 + SPS for pick 6 + Cerra is my move if they both want to change clubs. We definitely downgrade on Cerra, but would get Lukosius. Carlton would end up with Cerra and possibly Smith/Hately/Rankine/Rozee, and that is exactly what they need.

It was on the proviso that we received #19 as Priority Pick.

Kinda agree with a few others.

Cerra on a redraft goes 2 or 3 at worst. And he is producing well in his first year. Cerra and 6 is about 4000 to 4250 draft points. 1 & 19 is 3950. I would think that our trade department would be looking for an extra 400-500 points worth if value given that Cerra is contracted still.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kinda agree with a few others.

Cerra on a redraft goes 2 or 3 at worst. And he is producing well in his first year. Cerra and 6 is about 4000 to 4250 draft points. 1 & 19 is 3950. I would think that our trade department would be looking for an extra 400-500 points worth if value given that Cerra is contracted still.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't reckon our recruiting department gives a flying **** about points at all.

Considering our 2nd pick is in the 70's what if there is an earlier bid for him?
I'd be surprised if we don't trade into this draft from 2019 and even if we don't the points just come off 2019 anyway IF Carter and/or Medhat are bid on in the 1st (no chance) to 3rd round. I think they are both 40+ and quite possibly 50+ or as late as rookies.

If they are bid on after pick 50ish they are free with the discount.

Considering our 2nd pick is in the 70's what if there is an earlier bid for him?
We'll trade in extra picks but worst case we just dip into next year's points. It's almost impossible not to be able to match a bid on academy or f/s unless you don't want to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back