sydney eagle

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 11, 2006
Sydney, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Sydney Rabbitohs
So does Optus write off the $8 million they spent on rights? Not sure how much advertisers are going to pay them now with SBS broadcast being available.
They would have to write it off wouldn't they ? Their inability to provide a service is hardly the fault of the people they paid the money to .

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Well I’m practically an employee because I don’t complain. But those that jump up and down get everything on a platter...

I can't be bothered.

It is common sense to offer a refund for charging somebody but then offering everybody else the same service for free.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
As furious as I was not being able to watch the first few games ... it’s worked out pretty well to be honest .. have been refunded , have a free fetch mini for 12 months so can now watch the epl (was never going to sign up out of spite ), and sbs has taken over .. beauty !

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone tried out the VR feature on the SBS App?
Yeh
Thought it was cool as a bit of a novelty, but not something I'd actually sit down and watch a game in. I was just doing it off my phone in the Gear VR though, so I am sure if you had one of the system VRs and a set of high quality headphones it would be a pretty immersive experience.

As in, you think she too often is pronouncing people's names incorrectly (just like Les was known to do)?

As in, she over accentuates names too often and incorrectly which is frustrating. This discussion has been done.

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
As in, she over accentuates names too often and incorrectly which is frustrating. This discussion has been done.
Haha. You of all people asking for a discussion to wrap up! A fantastic development.

Feel free to point me to where that chat was. I obviously missed it. According to SBS, they are working hard to pronounce things correctly, as per Les' legacy. I know many say they get things wrong (as they did about Les), but SBS's language services are very good and I'm happy for them to put in that effort.

Back