TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Worth noting that my mini had the settings on 720p by default I think. Upped it to 1080.

The broadcast is 720p (same as ESPN on FOXTEL) but 1080p will improve overall PQ on other channels too.

Make sure it's set to 50hz too (European standard) for less possible jitter.

The broadcast is 720p (same as ESPN on FOXTEL) but 1080p will improve overall PQ on other channels too.

Make sure it's set to 50hz too (European standard) for less possible jitter.
Yep upped it to 50hz earlier too. Think it was on 25 or 30 before?

As silly as it sounds, I do like all the Optus adverts :$

No, that doesn't mean I work for them...

I laughed so hard when I realised all the adverts on their Fetch channel is just for Optus. I find that quite funny when you already have the product, to be advertising said product. Just seems a waste.

I laughed so hard when I realised all the adverts on their Fetch channel is just for Optus. I find that quite funny when you already have the product, to be advertising said product. Just seems a waste.

Yeah. beIN sports is very similar apart from bet365 ads and the odd Hungry Jacks ad. I assume ad space will be sold off in future.

In the meantime I feel like eating some yam (yam...yam...yam) and listening to Macklemore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just went to click on the game 'watch live' and it came up saying 'we wouldn't want to spoil it for you' with the option to start it from the start or watch live. That's a good sign. I hate spoiler.

Bad sign: It still hasn't loaded, 5 minutes later, including a refresh. I guess this might be their first somewhat big test with two PL teams playing each other at a decent hour. But it's going to be nothing like the actual season.

Worse sign: I changed to my phone instead of the computer and just before it flicked to the ads it only showed a frame of the live game! FAIL.

So that meant I may as well click the 'watch live'. It doesn't work either.

EDIT: Worked out that you have to click 'watch', then click another play button down the bottom - the loading animation was irrelevant. Once it was going it was worse than Foxtel's red button, and as soon as I tried to do anything else (load up BF) at the same time the quality was basically unwatchable. I then gave it a proper test and put Obama's speech on Youtube and OptusSports has come to a stop. I'm not with Optus, and using the Optus 4G network is better quality than Telstra Broadband.

Really bad signs.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I had the Fetch mini running and when I swapped rooms, had the ATV4 on at the same time for 10 minutes and had no issues with either...for those with issues, what set-up was being used?

Would be interesting to hear from Optus regards service loads etc.
Tried two different browsers on Mac. Used phone as well. Phone was fine. Better once WiFi was switched off so that it used Optus 4G (which is data-free, anyway). Dedicated app on the phone. Using the web portal otherwise. That should be fine. If we have to use a TV app to make it work then they shouldn't sell the inferior version.

Yep, mine kept crashing. Reckon it's because so many are watching, which is a bad sign.

Imagine if there's a Liverpool vs United game on at 9.45pm. Could be massive issues.

But at least you can look on the bright side. When Hull is playing away on a cold winter's night at Stoke 1am on a Wednesday morning you'll have no trouble streaming at all :)

Yep, mine kept crashing. Reckon it's because so many are watching, which is a bad sign.

Good thing they have these pre-season games on then, we can only hope that gives them time to fix their issues. Would be shocking if it was like this come start of the EPL, they will have a lot of angry people if so.

Imagine if there's a Liverpool vs United game on at 9.45pm. Could be massive issues.

But at least you can look on the bright side. When Hull is playing away on a cold winter's night at Stoke 1am on a Wednesday morning you'll have no trouble streaming at all :)

I like to watch popular games too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back