TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I was watching the Arsenal game on the laptop and they crossed to Hazard's goal and Cabaye's pen miss.

I was watching Southampton-Sunderland and got nothing.

Maybe it's only on the featured game.

Hm. Maybe.

I also noticed when watching our highlights this morning Ian Darke was commentating - that was not the case last night.

Were you watching on Optus? I've never heard of this goal rush thing or ever noticed it.

So turns out my dad has had a fetch box since 2012 which he just put in the shed.

So I took it and seemed to be working ok last night but I watched in sbs.

I recorded a couple of games on it but when I playback it's just a black screen and when I fast forward it ends and goes back to the title screen.

Were you watching on Optus? I've never heard of this goal rush thing or ever noticed it.
Yea it's the main channel in the midnight games, last night it was the ars v wat match. During play if there's a goal or a good scoring chance they show it. In a split screen.

How do you activate that? I was thinking they should have the goals from the other games down the side or something.

There is an option in the stream the icon on the bottom right picture in picture i think, select Goal Rush from the menu and or up to four other matches on the screen at anytime, when a goal is score in any other match the Goal rush coverage will cross to it.

Yea it's the main channel in the midnight games, last night it was the ars v wat match. During play if there's a goal or a good scoring chance they show it. In a split screen.
Yep I was watching the Arsenal game on the main channel rather than through the app and got these crosses to any other action. Quality seems to be better on the main channel too for some reason, was as good as HD for me.

There is an option in the stream the icon on the bottom right picture in picture i think, select Goal rush and or up to four other matches on the screen at anytime, when a goal is score in any other match the Goal rush coverage will cross to it.
Awesome cheers.

Watching the Liverpool Tottenham and it would drop out every 10 minutes or so. Would leave you missing 30 sec to a minute of action while you got it up running again. Glad I'm not paying for it but they aren't doing a good job of enticing me to become a paying customer when the freebie runs out.

Does anyone know how it is working with pubs? Was at the Impy last night and quality was perfect, if they too are streaming though surely they risk the same kind of delays/drop-outs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how it is working with pubs? Was at the Impy last night and quality was perfect, if they too are streaming though surely they risk the same kind of delays/drop-outs?

Pubs can get a tax deduction with satellite, so they probably have that. They are probably more flush with funds than the average person is and are able to afford it anyway as Optus satellite prices are ridiculous.

Surely you can turn it off. What happens if you wanted to stay away from the scores and watch the other games on VOD later?

You don't have to watch that channel. They also give you another channel with the same two teams playing, but no goals/red cards/pens as they happen.

It's an unfortunate fact that Optus EPL will never offer us the same reliability that we took for granted from Foxtel year after year unless you are prepared to spend a minimum of $65 a month + $250 satellite installation for an Optus Satellite installation (and even that is having issues with the box recording / glitches ).

It's hear to stay and I do feel for those that have actually shelled out on an unwanted mobile phone plan just for it.

Really, really dislike the replay factor with this, on Foxtel I would often record Uniteds games and watch in the morning. Seems to be a mess with the app on Fetch Mini (really is shocking that even the mini doesn't have the ability to record, even if it was limited it should still have it). Wanted to watch the United game on demand on Sunday morning, of course it wasn't even on the fetch app, so went to the Optus Sports app and it had the game on demand to watch, clicked it and it instead played the Leicester game, tried again ten minutes later and it went to some review show which showed the result... Was fairly annoyed at this point.

They also have 10 channels yet only one of them is showing replays during the day, why would they utilize all the other channels to show games on?

I was watching the Arsenal game on the laptop and they crossed to Hazard's goal and Cabaye's pen miss.

Pretty annoying if you plan on watching other games and have the results spoiled.

Pretty sure you can choose to watch the game as standard on a separate channel.

Any idea how? I clicked on the other channels which all have a blank description and nothing was playing a game.

Really, really dislike the replay factor with this, on Foxtel I would often record Uniteds games and watch in the morning. Seems to be a mess with the app on Fetch Mini (really is shocking that even the mini doesn't have the ability to record, even if it was limited it should still have it). Wanted to watch the United game on demand on Sunday morning, of course it wasn't even on the fetch app, so went to the Optus Sports app and it had the game on demand to watch, clicked it and it instead played the Leicester game, tried again ten minutes later and it went to some review show which showed the result... Was fairly annoyed at this point.

They also have 10 channels yet only one of them is showing replays during the day, why would they utilize all the other channels to show games on?

I heard the replay was available on Foxtel before it was available on Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back