TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

1). For me, I use a Fetch, but I tried the Chromecast out. I opened the Optus app on my ipad, and hit the Chromecast button. the vision then plays on the TV
and you can close the application on your ipad and do something else.

2). $$ essentially. A Chromecast is around $30-$50 whereas Fetch has an ongoing cost of $5 a month. Also, smaller and hidden.

3). Fetch is the only place for the TV guide atm.

It's already supported, just need to update your app.
Does Chromecast work on Macs (e.g. not an iPad)?

So can someone confirm 100% that if I give a mate my login to use online that i will still be able to watch on fetch ?

Last 2 weeks have been ******* dreadful for me. Can not connect at all on my laptop or phone. Had nothing to complain about before last couple weeks but I'm now about to miss two weeks of epl because of the shambles that is Optus epl coverage

Conversely, I've found it much better the last two weeks.

Quality of stream has improved markedly.

I do get the playback error maybe 3 or 4 times a game which is s**t, but I can at least make out the score now..

Sounds like I am having a much different experience to a lot of you. Since the very first week I have had a flawless experience every Round watching on my laptop. Well, last week I had a few freezes during the game I watched (didn't receive any errors though) but after I restarted my laptop the match I was watching was perfect. The only time I watched on a different device was on my iPhone/iPad during the 1st Round for an hour and it was dreadful. So I know the problems are there because I have experienced them myself. My laptop isn't anything special either, it's a 5 year old emachines.

Sounds like I am having a much different experience to a lot of you. Since the very first week I have had a flawless experience every Round watching on my laptop. Well, last week I had a few freezes during the game I watched (didn't receive any errors though) but after I restarted my laptop the match I was watching was perfect. The only time I watched on a different device was on my iPhone/iPad during the 1st Round for an hour and it was dreadful. So I know the problems are there because I have experienced them myself. My laptop isn't anything special either, it's a 5 year old emachines.

I've had not one drama either, but I have also streamed forever (as I can't get Foxtel where I live), so I never expected issues. I used Netflix for well over a year before it launched in Australia. I've also used Hulu, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Sling TV and unlocked several other overseas apps in my time including AMC, FX, A&E and History. I definitley maximised my Apple TV!

I also had early access to Stan before its big launch last year, used beIN Sports Connect since the Setanta days, and have used Fetch boxes as my PVR of choice for more than a year too. I also set my home up to get strong wifi throughout by using decent equipment (ie, not the router an ISP supplies) so I guess its no surprise it works for me...

Last edited:
My first experience of Optus tonight. Dunno how you guys put up with it. Quality is good but glitches as much as a good illegal stream and is 40-75 seconds behind live tv. What a bloody joke of a service

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first experience of Optus tonight. Dunno how you guys put up with it. Quality is good but glitches as much as a good illegal stream and is 40-75 seconds behind live tv. What a bloody joke of a service

It can be frustrating at times when used to Foxtel reliability.

Who's doing PL in NZ atm? I reckon a VPN / season pass is a better bet than paying $45 / month for Optus.

It can be frustrating at times when used to Foxtel reliability.

Who's doing PL in NZ atm? I reckon a VPN / season pass is a better bet than paying $45 / month for Optus.
Bein have the rights there. One channel is European football and one totally covering the EPL. 3pm games then shown on spare channels that are off for the rest of the week

Had my first experience of watching on the app for the LFC - Swansea game. Was at a GF party and couldn't watch it on SBS because there was a wankfest over the bulldogs premiership still on TV. Watched first half via NBN WIFI and while it ran smoothly I had to restart the stream on 3 separate occasions because of error messages. Went home at half time and watched the second half on SBS. I haven't been getting these error messages on the Fetch telecast but it would bloody drive me nuts if it happens all the time for those regularly watching on the app.

I have the Fetch TV box and for some reason the top of my picture has now been cut off and I can no longer see the score/minutes. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Sorry to be that guy but I'm moving back to Australia next week and need to sort my s**t RE: EPL. Has anyone worked out a VPN workaround yet?

I'm in need of a new phone and was thinking of going on one of Optus' deals that include free EPL, has anyone got a link to how the streaming works on my computer? And have they fixed the streamint issues or are games still delayed?

Cheers lads!

I see what you guys were saying about these streams being a minute behind. I am watching theUnited/ Liverpool match and I went on LiveScore.com to check the shots on/off target stat and it gave me a list of events in the game that happened until that point and the first one said that Zlatan was penalised for a foul on Matip. I watched that happen at least a minute later. Can't believe I was defending Optus about the delays a few weeks back. That's certainly frustrating.

Christ, how old is that Newcastle pic they have in that story? :D

January 17, 1998. Against Bolton.

At least the article used an infamous Newcastle picture. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back