TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Better check my phone bill. Don't recall being charged $10 extra for Optus HD :p

Nah it just costs a minimum of $50 / month to watch EPL only with the possibility of it being in HD if all goes well.

I'd much prefer to pay a little extra for a reliable telecast that doesn't suffer from playback errors & drops in broadcast quality but that's just me.

It's certainly not free unless you aren't paying for your mobile phone contract.
It's free if you were already paying for that mobile phone contract regardless of whether they have the PL or not, which plenty of people are doing.

It's certainly not free unless you aren't paying for your mobile phone contract.

It's free for me, my mother has Optus cable which she pays for, and has no interest in the PL which I then get.

It's free for me, my mother has Optus cable which she pays for, and has no interest in the PL which I then get.

Same as me, I use a friend's mobile account. It's still not free though, someone is paying for it whether it's a mobile phone plan or an internet plan.

Well it's free-er if you want to go down that path...if it was on FOXTEL or beIN Sports I'd still be paying the same for my phone and extra for the EPL. In fact it's cheaper on Optus with more gb data for my phone than the Telstra account I had...

Same as me, I use a friend's mobile account. It's still not free though, someone is paying for it whether it's a mobile phone plan or an internet plan.

No it isn't. It's free.

We have a service. We pay for that service. We now get something for no extra cost. That's the definition of free.

Well it's free-er if you want to go down that path...if it was on FOXTEL or beIN Sports I'd still be paying the same for my phone and extra for the EPL. In fact it's cheaper on Optus with more gb data for my phone than the Telstra account I had...

Bein is cetainly not free either.

I'd join Optus straight away if they had the equivalent mobile phone coverage to Telstra. Unfortunately Optus has poor coverage on my area and also in country aras whee I have friends / family.

No it isn't. It's free.

We have a service. We pay for that service. We now get something for no extra cost. That's the definition of free.

A free service requires no payment at all. You or someone is paying for an Optus service so it isn't free.

SBS telecasts of EPL are the only free way to watch PL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A free service requires no payment at all. You or someone is paying for an Optus service so it isn't free.

SBS telecasts of EPL are the only free way to watch PL.

You argue about strange things.

By your logic SBS isn't free because you have to pay for the power that powers your TV.

No it isn't. It's free.

Yeah, like how FOXTEL subscribers got BeIN Sports added for free...well, for $4 a month extra soon enough, as Sports will go up for everyone to cover it, but kinda free...:D

Yeah, you're a good poster but comparing power usage costs for a TV to the cost of a Optus service which includes PL is not one of your finer moments in your posting career.

:drunk:

Dig up stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back