TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

They must be wondering why they bothered paying 3k a month lol
Yep, bar owner has said they should just stop paying. It's ridiculous. ****ed up during hull Everton too, we were sat watching it on our phones.

Yep, bar owner has said they should just stop paying. It's ridiculous. stuffed up during hull Everton too, we were sat watching it on our phones.

Fwoy with Optus being the provider of satellite bandwidth for Foxtel how come their Sat boxes / telecasts have been so unreliable? Bloke from my club reckons theres all sorts of recording glitches / failures on it.

Fwoy with Optus being the provider of satellite bandwidth for Foxtel how come their Sat boxes / telecasts have been so unreliable? Bloke from my club reckons theres all sorts of recording glitches / failures on it.

No idea mate. I don't work for them :p

As for SM, how the hell are they getting ripped $3k a month? I was quoted $250 a month after initial install...

Anybody able to recommend a vid cap program that will bypass copyright for the purpose of demonstration of quality? This is hand held iPhone, in the dark, going in and out of focus as it attempts to follow the action.

Picked a good bit of play too :D

Using Apple TV 4th gen for this vid, the lesser quality broadcast I get compared to Yes TV Fetch Box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea mate. I don't work for them :p

As for SM, how the hell are they getting ripped $3k a month? I was quoted $250 a month after initial install...

They have about six different systems? So maybe that?

Ok, here's a vid showing 2 consecutive streams – one on the iPad Pro (Optus Sport 1) and the other on the 65" Panny Plasma via the Apple TV 4th gen (Optus Sport 3). This is on TPG adsl2 syncing around the 12-13mbps range. iPad on wifi, ATV4 on Ethernet...

Why is there no scoreboard?

Fetch I have been reasonably happy with tbf. Not to the same standard as Foxtel HD but pretty solid nonetheless.

Sounds like Optus EPL via satellite is a nightmare worth avoiding.

Much like anything relating to this subject people only open their mouth when they want to whinge for the most part. The guys who had issues early on the Whirlpool thread have gone quiet after saying the new boxes worked well. You get the odd complaint, but lets face it, if you say it works well, you get accused of being an employee ;)

They have about six different systems? So maybe that?

6 boxes? Then I assume they have a fairly large capacity venue adding to the bill. That said, my Foxtel bill is half that (with 4 boxes) so it still sounds suss. Don't suppose you know if they got the updated boxes?

Much like anything relating to this subject people only open their mouth when they want to whinge for the most part. The guys who had issues early on the Whirlpool thread have gone quiet after saying the new boxes worked well. You get the odd complaint, but lets face it, if you say it works well, you get accused of being an employee ;)

6 boxes? Then I assume they have a fairly large capacity venue adding to the bill. That said, my Foxtel bill is half that (with 4 boxes) so it still sounds suss. Don't suppose you know if they got the updated boxes?
No clue, sorry, it was an offhand comment. Yeah it's a pretty big venue. Pretty bad that if I hadn't been there they'd have only had one game on when they have the capacity and aim to show all games, and clearly pay a hefty price to do so.

That was from the Saturday review show, one of the shows everyone says is horrible quality...
All the on-demand stuff is lower quality than the live broadcasts, far from horrible though (if your internet is decent).

I have joined Optus just for EPL $30 a Month and so far so good. Like the Preview shows and the Games i have watched (Everton) have been good. A couple of times the Picture goes hazy but only for a few secs.To make it worthwhile i try and watch a couple of games on the weekend so I'm getting my $$ Worth.

I have joined Optus just for EPL $30 a Month and so far so good. Like the Preview shows and the Games i have watched (Everton) have been good. A couple of times the Picture goes hazy but only for a few secs.To make it worthwhile i try and watch a couple of games on the weekend so I'm getting my $$ Worth.
Just found out that from July onwards it's an extra $15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back