TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

When has it ever been 5+ minutes delayed

Depends how much your accounts are. Phone plans $85 and above (not including handset repayment) will be free, and internet $90 and above is free

I pay $60 a month for internet and home phone modem
I also have my two kids who are on $40 dollar plans
I am on a $50 dollar plan as is my fiancé
Will I still get it free or will I pay discount

What device is that on? I'm assuming the web app...

Worst I've ever seen is 1 minute, using Fetch or Apple TV 4. These days it's around 40-45 seconds, which is similar to ESPN and BeIN Sports on Fetch or Fox Sports etc on Foxtel Play

nope, on the fetch box, which is why I'm annoyed by it.

I pay $60 a month for internet and home phone modem
I also have my two kids who are on $40 dollar plans
I am on a $50 dollar plan as is my fiancé
Will I still get it free or will I pay discount

I don't think you get any discount. I would suggest going to an Optus Store or trying to haggle on the phone. I'm only going off the stuff on their website. If it doesn't offer Fetch as part of the package, you will most likely be paying $15 a month. But try them out. I don't know if accumulative accounts will sway them...

I have an $85 phone plan which gets a free Fetch Mini with all entertainment package channels (at least for now it does), as well as Optus Sport, plus a $110 unlimited ADSL2 business internet (reduced to $90 by linking accounts) which gives me a free Fetch Mighty, also with all entertainment package channels, as well as Optus Sport. I can use both on my TPG internet at home as long as the parent accounts are active.

Jatz you see the Football Today ep for yesterday? Was an entire episode discussing Leicester, with Heskey and another former player who sounds like he smokes 10 packs a day. Decent listen up until "I think Hull will go down." :D

Cancelled my DSL service and have gone to the 200GB a month wireless set up. Unsure as to why during all my issues this was never brought up as an alternative but alas. I can now get around 5mbps constantly (to be happy about that in 2017 is pretty sad) and stream most things. The problem is now they've charged me all kinds of s**t after I cancelled Fetch etc after having told me 100% there would be no associated fees because they weren't providing a service I was paying for.

They also cancelled my Optus Sport account for reasons that I shall have to also find out about. I thought IInet were truly shocking but Optus take the cake for incompetence. Anyways ,been on hold for another 30 minutes and am about to unleash some more abuse (am at work so no bomb threats this time).

Cancelled my DSL service and have gone to the 200GB a month wireless set up. Unsure as to why during all my issues this was never brought up as an alternative but alas. I can now get around 5mbps constantly (to be happy about that in 2017 is pretty sad) and stream most things. The problem is now they've charged me all kinds of s**t after I cancelled Fetch etc after having told me 100% there would be no associated fees because they weren't providing a service I was paying for.

They also cancelled my Optus Sport account for reasons that I shall have to also find out about. I thought IInet were truly shocking but Optus take the cake for incompetence. Anyways ,been on hold for another 30 minutes and am about to unleash some more abuse (am at work so no bomb threats this time).

Are you with Optus for wireless? You'll be able to open a new Optus Sport account under that. No Fetch though which sucks - it is blocked through Optus wireless network.

Sounds like Optus EPL has been a nightmare for you. Hopefully it's all sorted out.

Are you with Optus for wireless? You'll be able to open a new Optus Sport account under that. No Fetch though which sucks - it is blocked through Optus wireless network.

Sounds like Optus EPL has been a nightmare for you. Hopefully it's all sorted out.
Optus for wireless, yeah. Not sure how much streaming a 90 minute game will be but was told it wasn't unmetred like it is through mobile, which sucks.
It has been an absolute pain, as I've said before the product is brilliant if you have access to decent internet but if you don't it makes it near on impossible. I definately wouldn't recommend any of my friends to sign up on my experience.

I thought Optus EPL was unmetered on Optus wireless Internet?

How did you go asking for Satellite to be installed after all the headaches you've had?
Probably depends who you speak to, honestly I am a pretty chilled out dude in life and my gf was horrified of how I ended up talking to them after about the 10th phone call haha. I wouldn't trust them to install it to be honest, not even if it was free.

So after about 45 minutes on the phone my issue has been put through to the "credit and retainment" team or something like that. I told them that it had been noted, twice, that no cancellation fee's would apply and all they have to do is go back through the phone calls to find this. I mean it was approaching $300 so it's not exactly small change. Not to mention that I had to point out to them that they'd charged me pro-rata on my new wireless service at the full price without any discounts, the response to that was, "oh it's just the way it is done", yeah nah mate that's not how it works for me so that part was fixed up.

This isn't an isolated issue with just Optus, I deal with quite a few different large companies through my job and 100%, the places that operate their call centres outside of Australia are frustrating in the extreme. It's not uncommon for people there to "accidentally" hang up or transfer your call as to avoid getting bad feedback from middle management.

All in all these places aren't designed to deal with problems and people just don't understand how passionate Australians are about sport. I will stick with them until the EPL contract expires (because what else can you do) but after that I'll head back to other providers.

This isn't an isolated issue with just Optus, I deal with quite a few different large companies through my job and 100%, the places that operate their call centres outside of Australia are frustrating in the extreme. It's not uncommon for people there to "accidentally" hang up or transfer your call as to avoid getting bad feedback from middle management.

All in all these places aren't designed to deal with problems and people just don't understand how passionate Australians are about sport. I will stick with them until the EPL contract expires (because what else can you do) but after that I'll head back to other providers.

I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get an Optus adsl2 set up at work and was on the phone with a call centre girl who just could not get what I was saying, so she transferred me...the phone went dead for about 2 minutes...I hung on hoping and then gave up. A few minutes later I got a call back from another department from an Aussie guy who literally said "I have no idea what she was saying" before asking me to explain the situation again...

I've been having a bit of trouble trying to get an Optus adsl2 set up at work and was on the phone with a call centre girl who just could not get what I was saying, so she transferred me...the phone went dead for about 2 minutes...I hung on hoping and then gave up. A few minutes later I got a call back from another department from an Aussie guy who literally said "I have no idea what she was saying" before asking me to explain the situation again...
And now I am trying to get Optus Sport subscription connected but apparently you can't have it with the wireless broadband, even though it wasn't my fault that they promised initial speeds more than capable of delivery what was required in order for me to bring across my mobile and internet. These guys are actually so mind numbingly incompetent it defies belief. After being told it would not change my Optus Sport subscription it will actually cost me $15 a month to sign up for now.

Time to borrow a mates login details, there's bad customer support and then there is these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PQ on the ATV4 looking super sharp tonight.

Btw, if you want to try something different, Fubo has launched a pro pack. You will need a dns mask or vpn, but it covers a hell of a lot of sport and a fair few major US networks as well.

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/v2/getpro.html

To steal someone else's write up, it includes:

Regional FOX Sports Networks
Regional NBC Sports Networks (Comcast SportsNet)
FOX Soccer Plus
Big Ten Network
FS1 and FS2
NBA TV
FOX College Sports
NBCSN
NBC Universo
Universal HD
Golf Channel
A+E Networks (A&E, FYI, History, Lifetime, LMN, Viceland)
Hallmark Channel; Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
FOX Networks Group (FOX, FOX News, FOX Business Network, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic, Nat Geo Mundo, Nat Geo Wild)
Fuse
FM
NBCUniversal (Bravo, Chiller, Cloo, CNBC, CNBC World, E!, Esquire, MSNBC, Oxygen, Sprout, Syfy, USA Network
The Weather Channel

Covers the following sports:

La Liga
English Premier League
Bundesliga
Serie A
MLS
UEFA Champions League
Copa Libertadores
Primeira Liga.
World Cup Qualifiers from South America, North America, Africa and Europe
FIFA World Cup
Copa América
English FA Cup
Europa League
AFL
NRL
NFL
NBA
NHL
MLB
NASCAR
Golf
College sports
Super Bowl
World Series
Stanley Cup Playoffs
Olympics
Triple Crown
UFC

All with DVR to watch games up to 72 hours after they air. (DVR for all channels not ready for a few weeks)

Introductory price- US$34.99 (AU$46). No contract. Available on iOS, Android, Roku, Amazon Fire, Android TV, PC, Apple TV

for the last 2 weeks when watching on my laptop i haven't been able to have more then one game play. before i could choose picture in picture and then change matches quickly if i seen a goal but now i have to go to the main menu and select match and have the stupid buffering thing again

I'm sure a lot of you have been kept up at night wondering what happened with my issue. They credited my account of all cancellation fees and other charges that weren't warranted. I kept the modem so will probably smash some pints on the weekend and go out in the backyard and smash it into a 100 pieces, for fun.

I tried with Fox Sports EPL 'on demand', I tried with this but now I am resigned to the fact that I'm just not meant to watch Liverpool get beaten by relegation battlers live in the early hours of the morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back