TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

That said how can Optus justify a 100 percent price rise? $10 monthly seems a bit of a rip off when you already are paying a mobile contract and $15 / month to watch EPL already.

Have they increased the charge to those who already have one? Or is this increase hand in hand with the new plans with free Optus Sports?

Have they increased the charge to those who already have one? Or is this increase hand in hand with the new plans with free Optus Sports?
I just got a bill and mine is still $5 for the fetch mini.

Maybe it is for new subscribers only, as the $40 per month plan that Fwoy linked to previously is $10 per month to rent the Fetch mini.

Pretty sure that is the case. My Mini was free when I signed on to my contract and that hasn't (and shouldn't) changed.

That said how can Optus justify a 100 percent price rise? $10 monthly seems a bit of a rip off when you already are paying a mobile contract and $15 / month to watch EPL already.
The $15 month is only if you're on a smaller contract. I get it for free based on the plan I'm on.

Although I still don't have a fetch mini. Just can't justify it when I have a Chromecast.

The $15 month is only if you're on a smaller contract. I get it for free based on the plan I'm on.

Although I still don't have a fetch mini. Just can't justify it when I have a Chromecast.

I have a Chromecast but couldn't imagine not having the Fetch Mini. It's a much better quality telecast and more reliable. I only used the Chromecast while watching games in bed. Would suggest trying it out, you'll notice a significant difference.

I have a Chromecast but couldn't imagine not having the Fetch Mini. It's a much better quality telecast and more reliable. I only used the Chromecast while watching games in bed. Would suggest trying it out, you'll notice a significant difference.
How does it work? Is the fetch mini a USB or something?

How does it work? Is the fetch mini a USB or something?

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. I could probably move it through the house by the sounds of it. Might be worth getting after all.

For me the increased reliability was the main reason for getting it. While it still suffers from issues and will never match the reliability of a Foxtel broadcast (such is the nature of internet streams) it certainly isn't plagued by playback errors of which Chromecast is notorious for on Optus EPL. And you could easily plug it in anywhere you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back