TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

First half the stream was perfect but in the second half it had issues, internet speed was the same so not sure if anyone else had the same issue.
Didn't realise it was on SBS :$

Airplay through my 5 year old iPad is working fine for me, no buffers or blurs so I'm not going to bother with the mini.

I'm not that fussed about HD, my eyesight is good so as long as I can make out who is who...

Give it a few minutes and it normally sorts itself out, but yeah it's not fantastic sometimes.

It comes and goes, I'm not too stressed.

What does annoy me is the lack of compatible devices in which the app can be used.

I have three smart televisions and none of them use the Optus app, had to buy a chrome cast.

It comes and goes, I'm not too stressed.

What does annoy me is the lack of compatible devices in which the app can be used.

I have three smart televisions and none of them use the Optus app, had to buy a chrome cast.

Yep. Had hoped there'd be an app for Xbox/Play Station for this season but nope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must say it was pretty decent to watch last night on Chromecast.

Just a shame you have to be an Optus customer.
Got mine on Monday and cannot wait to test it out this weekend given so far it's awesome. Only been using Netflix but rather impressed with Chromecast.

I have a huge issue when watching games on demand, they always freeze every few seconds and rarely run cleanly. Now I'm certain it's because of shitting internet but it doesn't do it when watching live, fetch mini etc with optus net.

Any ideas? Simply a crap set up or maybe a faulty something or other?

I have a huge issue when watching games on demand, they always freeze every few seconds and rarely run cleanly. Now I'm certain it's because of shitting internet but it doesn't do it when watching live, fetch mini etc with optus net.

Any ideas? Simply a crap set up or maybe a faulty something or other?
Never had that problem but the live broadcast has always been better than on demand for me, better quality and less blurring issues. Think they have just not dedicated enough servers to store the on demand content.

Never had that problem but the live broadcast has always been better than on demand for me, better quality and less blurring issues. Think they have just not dedicated enough servers to store the on demand content.

Really wouldn't surprise, only seems to be an issue using the fetch mini, doesn't happen if I use my phone and smart switch it through the tv.

Breaking news. Optus is teaming up with Sky for Pub vision. As of right now, pubs have access to Optus Sport 1 and one extra channel!
As in they're using some of Sky's bandwidth to send HD versions of the PL via cable TV? That would be good news. Presumably the 2nd channel is so you can watch one game without it being constantly interrupted by highlights from other games, as happens with Optus 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back