TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality during the Chelsea - Arsenal game was appalling. Stream came good every 5 minutes for a minute or two then turned to s**t in a cycle.

Looks like Optus aren't investing in further development of apps for consoles with the whole exercise being a disaster so far. Disappointing.
Mine was fine for the whole 90 mins on Fetch mini.

I must say the picture quality on the mini is fantastic, many times better than SBS broadcast which is itself pretty good.

I feel sorry for West Brom fans. I watch all of the on demand games (can't really watch any live) and the quality for the game against West Ham on the weekend and Brighton the week before was pretty disgraceful throughout the whole 90 minutes. All other matches have been sublime on the Mini for me.

Optus are aware of my issues, they reckon it's a known fault, the idiot I spoke to blamed it on the internet I have, asked me who I was with and I said with Optus, oh...

Three weeks later from actually putting in my complaint and still not fixed, I don't expect they can either. No response for a few days asking for an update.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optus are aware of my issues, they reckon it's a known fault, the idiot I spoke to blamed it on the internet I have, asked me who I was with and I said with Optus, oh...

Three weeks later from actually putting in my complaint and still not fixed, I don't expect they can either. No response for a few days asking for an update.
If you have a problem with it call Optus and make sure you get put through to someone on the Optus Sport team. I had some issues with my login recently and spoke to 4 different Optus staff members who all gave me different information before finally being put through to someone who knew what they were talking about and my issue was sorted in 30 seconds flat.

If you have a problem with it call Optus and make sure you get put through to someone on the Optus Sport team. I had some issues with my login recently and spoke to 4 different Optus staff members who all gave me different information before finally being put through to someone who knew what they were talking about and my issue was sorted in 30 seconds flat.

I've spoken to Optus, it's a network fault apparently which causes On Demand (or likely anything being streamed) to stutter every few seconds.

No issues with live games and no issues on other devices, just through the Fetch Mini.

I've spoken to Optus, it's a network fault apparently which causes On Demand (or likely anything being streamed) to stutter every few seconds.

No issues with live games and no issues on other devices, just through the Fetch Mini.
Yeah I've always found the on-demand stuff pretty dodgy, definitely an issue on their end that. As a few have suggested I think they just haven't invested the amount of server capacity required to store it all and keep up with demand.

Yeah I've always found the on-demand stuff pretty dodgy, definitely an issue on their end that. As a few have suggested I think they just haven't invested the amount of server capacity required to store it all and keep up with demand.

Yep, they are s**t mixed with s**t internet where I live.

The same thing happens to me with the stuttering of the on demand stuff. Restarting the Fetch made it go away and I could finish watching the match.

If you call them up, it takes ages to get to somebody who knows anything about Optus Sport. Funny enough if it's a sales enquiry, they answer them pretty quick!

The same thing happens to me with the stuttering of the on demand stuff. Restarting the Fetch made it go away and I could finish watching the match.

If you call them up, it takes ages to get to somebody who knows anything about Optus Sport. Funny enough if it's a sales enquiry, they answer them pretty quick!
Yeah I've tried all that. Doesn't fix it.

It sounds like Optus don't want to invest any more money in the exercise either which is disappointing. To have so many issues down the track is simply unacceptable.

This was essentially an initiative to increase broadband customers and hard to believe it has been close to commercially successful and my guess is that the PL free trial and the very early advertising of their World Cup coverage is pretty much the last throw of the dice.

I've had the feeling from the start that this was a Singapore led strategy and didn't take into account many factors (eg internet service in Oz, the reluctance of Oz consumers to change service providers (across industries), demand for the PL, etc). As an aside, for those casual fans already with Foxtel, the club channels were a clever ploy.

I always expected Optus to give it 2 seasons (particularly with the WC coming up) but with Bein/Foxtel waiting in the wings come next PL season I'd be surprised if we didn't have a different broadcasting model.

Last edited:

Plot twist: Pantskyle has other devices he can watch Premier League matches on but he spends all game fiddling around with Fetch Mini.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back