TV Rights

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pretty certain it's $90 or more a month. I did a quick Google to confirm but couldn't actually find that confirmed though.

After Optus made it $15 a month on top of your bill this year it made my $70 a month plan $85 every month, I changed my plan to the $90 plan, get an extra 7gig of data a month (I was already going over the old 4gig most months) and then didn't have to pay for Optus Sport anymore. Only making my plan an extra $5 a month. If that makes sense ahah.

I’m pretty sure it’s less than that. The $30 sim only plan, then $15 per month for Optus Sport is the cheapest. They had a special recently for like $18 per month if you did the trial, but think that has expired now.

For free Optus it’s either $80 or $85 but it changes all the time. The positive is if you pick the right moment, you get your deal locked in at that price. Unfortunately most of their staff are pretty s**t though and don’t know their own products.

Last edited:
Didn't get a chance on the weekend to check out if the on demand games worked properly without pausing with my new net, turns out the IP is blocked by Optus...

Didn't get a chance on the weekend to check out if the on demand games worked properly without pausing with my new net, turns out the IP is blocked by Optus...

Are you with Belong by any chance ? I hear Optus are picking them up as an overseas IP for some reason.

Anyone else having an issue with on-demand matches where the quality is fine but it pauses for half a second every 5-10 seconds? Makes watching the matches very annoying. Doesn't happen with live matches, highlights etc, just on-demand full games.

For free Optus it’s either $80 or $85 but it changes all the time. The positive is if you pick the right moment, you get your deal locked in at that price. Unfortunately most of their staff are pretty s**t though and don’t know their own products.
I thought it was free on any mobile plans $40 or above now? That's what it was when I signed up around 6 months ago.

Anyone else having an issue with on-demand matches where the quality is fine but it pauses for half a second every 5-10 seconds? Makes watching the matches very annoying. Doesn't happen with live matches, highlights etc, just on-demand full games.

I thought it was free on any mobile plans $40 or above now? That's what it was when I signed up around 6 months ago.

Looking at social media, it seems everybody is having problems with watching via the Fetch Mini for the on demand matches. Optus don’t seem to care, they just read out their script and blame it on the ISP or say they’re getting their techs to look into it.

Looking at social media, it seems everybody is having problems with watching via the Fetch Mini for the on demand matches. Optus don’t seem to care, they just read out their script and blame it on the ISP or say they’re getting their techs to look into it.
Yep seems a lot of people are having this same issue. Apparently there is an upgrade on the way.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Op.../m-p/338674#M839/jump-to/first-unread-message
https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Re...EPL-pauses-every-6-seconds/td-p/170229/page/5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve had pretty much the same response as the people on the yes forums have had.

Very frustrating when they act like they’ve never heard of the fault before, when nearly everyone is telling them that the on demand games on the Fetch Mini are unwatchable.

I’ve had pretty much the same response as the people on the yes forums have had.

Very frustrating when they act like they’ve never heard of the fault before, when nearly everyone is telling them that the on demand games on the Fetch Mini are unwatchable.

They also ban negative feedback from the fb page.

is there any talk about optus offering anything one-off for the world cup?
I can see how with EPL which goes for 8 months a year signing a 12 month contract can be justified.
but for a 1 month tournament, surely there will be a one off special available?!??

I have watched every world cup since 1990 (always take leave from work since I started working and before that was student so always on leave!) and I have no idea paying a price to watch it - so long as its on my tv, in HD and I don't have to necessarily pay costs for another 11 months for stuff I don't watch.

is there any talk about optus offering anything one-off for the world cup?
I can see how with EPL which goes for 8 months a year signing a 12 month contract can be justified.
but for a 1 month tournament, surely there will be a one off special available?!??

I have watched every world cup since 1990 (always take leave from work since I started working and before that was student so always on leave!) and I have no idea paying a price to watch it - so long as its on my tv, in HD and I don't have to necessarily pay costs for another 11 months for stuff I don't watch.

Think they've said they're opening up their WC coverage to everyone.

It seems the upgrade may have worked, as I’ve just watched one of the on demand games in full on the mini without any interruption at all for the first time. It’s a shame it took this long for them to fix it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back