List Mgmt. Orazio Fantasia not requesting a trade, time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Id give SPP for Orazio, but thats me and i know many will disagree.
Probably a win win.
We need a talented small forward and they need an inside bull. Both reasonably similar ages.

We have too many inside mids. They can probably cover that small forward position.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gday guys was just wondering if you guys would personally like this deal.

Pick 10 and Peter Ladhams for Orazio and our second rounder tied to GWS will which be in the 30’s. Either that or Drew or Frampton as the steak knives.

how about you have Ryder back. Think of the vindication.

Ladhams no. Frampton wouldn't be that ridiculous. 10 is overs for Fantasia but a second rounder is overs for Frampton.

Yes, let's leave ourselves with 3 KPF's on our list. A 28 year old underperformer, a 20 year old who can't hold his place in the team, and an unproven forward who is also one of our best Key Defenders.We can count on Ryder being gone next year.. Neither he or Ladhams is a KPF. Lade was a KPF.

This is my fear that Hinkley and co will trade an underappreciated or unproven player who is crucial to our structural depth rather than getting rid of a player that we have plenty of. Several clubs have shown interest in Frampton probably because they realise that 200cm young forwards with potential don't grow on trees. Just because he is not being gifted games does not make him valuable to our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't Fantasia denied wanting to leave Essendon?

Is he the son of James that held some important position at the crows, Western Bulldogs and played some sanfl footy for Norwood or the Eagles?

Hasn't Fantasia denied wanting to leave Essendon?

Is he the son of James that held some important position at the crows, Western Bulldogs and played some sanfl footy for Norwood or the Eagles?

No. Distant relation

Seeing this got released on AFl.com.au, Dons must be cool with it. Gather they want an inside mid that port has plenty off (as do the cows). A like for like value, but then we have the doro factor. So like for like, + 2 1st rounders and and conor rozee. For a player that can't get on the park. For Orazio and his manager, it makes sense, sign the extension, that increases your value and guarantees your future wage (at any club) and you an either sign a fresh extension on a new wage or be a unrestirctred free agent when the contract is up.

As a side, imagine being a Essendon player week 2 week. Drive up the highway in traffic everyday to a training park at the airport and drive back in traffic. In Adelaide, drive from Glenelg/Henley beach, brunch at the beach, go to training and head back home along the same route, no traffic. 1 day, no big issues with traffic, but once its rinse/repeat everyday?

Gday guys was just wondering if you guys would personally like this deal.

Pick 10 and Peter Ladhams for Orazio and our second rounder tied to GWS will which be in the 30’s. Either that or Drew or Frampton as the steak knives.

A 24yo who can barely stay on the park and produces 3 or 4 good games a year?

How about we throw in Boak and Rozee too?

Off that a board is involved in list management of a low profile player.

I posted it last year and nothing has changed; he’s seen as a commercial liability.

He’s had a good preseason since then but he’s currently on a PIP so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s floated as a pawn in any discussions going forward.

I posted it last year and nothing has changed; he’s seen as a commercial liability.

He’s had a good preseason since then but he’s currently on a PIP so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s floated as a pawn in any discussions going forward.

Interesting, does he have SPP behavioural issues.

Not sure what PIP is either.

Board would sign off on it in a heart beat.

They want him out anyway.

Assuming this is true, I’m not sure how the club can continue to trumpet its Aboriginal Programs and ongoing quest for funding/leadership in that space if they’re prepared to jettison the kid less than 3 seasons into his career.

Interesting, does he have SPP behavioural issues.

Not sure what PIP is either.

Personal/Player Intervention Program?

Just a guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back