List Mgmt. Orazio Fantasia not requesting a trade, time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know or care what Port believe - unlike some here, am not a mind reader. But I know absolutely we have NEVER been "balls deep" in Orazio. Mildly interested, and willing to consider discussing, is as far as it ever went ... the rest is media made-up faeces!
Funny thing is people believe what they want to. "Patiently keen" is my take on it. I would find the SPP and Howard stuff much harder to understand if they were 100% not linked to Fantasia. Surely we were positioning ourselves with one eye on what he was going to do.

Absolutely! This is total made-up bullcrap, and the wider football public lap it up. The issue I have is that many Port supporters, including many here on BF, lose their crap every time some guessed-up drivel about a Port player is put out their by media, much of it false.

I mean, we have angry supporters admitting to cancelling their memberships over some made-up garbage story! Incredible! Gullible!

I know we are all angry at the club ... but we also need to show some intelligence, and awareness of the MO of the media!

When we have supporters who are threatening to cancel memberships because of Jonas' selection of mouthguards, nothing much would surprise me anymore.

OF leaves his manager and shops around for a new one, lot's of stories about how keen Port are on him and maybe AFC as well, absolutely nothing substantial from OF or our club to say that he wants to come back to SA or that we have had discussions with him, his manager or Essendon about a possible trade, next thing OF re-signs with the bombers. Sounds to me like OF and his manager just trying to wrangle more money out of Essendon, and it's worked.

When we have supporters who are threatening to cancel memberships because of Jonas' selection of mouthguards, nothing much would surprise me anymore.

OF leaves his manager and shops around for a new one, lot's of stories about how keen Port are on him and maybe AFC as well, absolutely nothing substantial from OF or our club to say that he wants to come back to SA or that we have had discussions with him, his manager or Essendon about a possible trade, next thing OF re-signs with the bombers. Sounds to me like OF and his manager just trying to wrangle more money out of Essendon, and it's worked.

He didn't re-sign with Essendon. He just didn't choose to leave. It was more a case that they were trying to wrangle more money out of Port early before FA hits. This is what Caroline Wilson had to say about it:

“I’m not sure they’re devastated. I don’t think he’s even been to the club and had a look around… I wouldn’t say they were pursuing him fervently… they would be disappointed… but they weren’t going to go nuts with what they were going to offer for him.

“Yes disappointed, not devastated, certainly bemused and surprised. When a player manger approaches you in June/July and says this guy wants to move home, it’s a bit odd…”

Maybe dodged another Gorringe moment.

Gorringe's recent rise into social media fame absolutely validated not trading for him. He's basically Dane Swan-lite, going for the classic blokey bloke appeal and shmoozing up to betting companies who froth that s**t. Can't wait until his 15 minutes are up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't re-sign with Essendon. He just didn't choose to leave. It was more a case that they were trying to wrangle more money out of Port early before FA hits. This is what Caroline Wilson had to say about it:

“I’m not sure they’re devastated. I don’t think he’s even been to the club and had a look around… I wouldn’t say they were pursuing him fervently… they would be disappointed… but they weren’t going to go nuts with what they were going to offer for him.

“Yes disappointed, not devastated, certainly bemused and surprised. When a player manger approaches you in June/July and says this guy wants to move home, it’s a bit odd…”
Ah yes, I'd forgotten that he was still contracted and a FA next year. :thumbsu:

Fantasia’s management goes on a fishing expedition, gets a nibble and decides it’s not worth the effort. Costs them nothing but we end up losing some good faith with our playing group. Need to be smarter Ports.

I reckon Orazio is just staying put to see how Adelaide shape up before he hits FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back