Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Score involvements, he creates so many scoring chains for us by pushing high up the ground and breaking a line and being creative.

Not having a great year this year with 5.4 this year but an inconsistent forward line will add to that. But averaged 6.6 a game in 17 & 18. Which put him 48th and 28th in the competition respectively, with almost exclusively great midfielders and forward averaging more than that. Which he's done in a team that hasn't been huge scorers or had dominant wins to pad his stats.

For context Charlie Cameron is averaging 6.4 this year and averaged 5.3 the year he left the Crows.

Thanks

This isn’t really relevant to what he was talking about. It’s not a stat for “effectiveness”. It’s not really relevant to the claim he was playing up the ground quite a bit either as the score involvement stat doesn’t preclude positions on the ground. That’s not to dissuade any argument you might put forward about Fantasia as a player it’s just not relevant to the convo you’re quoting.

Anyway. As to his score involvements I initially thought those were good numbers and possibly are, but on the table for score involvements totals he’s not in the top 100 unless I’m blind and missing him. I did count 4 port players in the top 100 though. On averages he is number 91. The difference between Cameron and Fantasia is around 60 odd places as Cameron is 26th.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thanks

This isn’t really relevant to what he was talking about. It’s not a stat for “effectiveness”. It’s not really relevant to the claim he was playing up the ground quite a bit either as the score involvement stat doesn’t preclude positions on the ground. That’s not to dissuade any argument you might put forward about Fantasia as a player it’s just not relevant to the convo you’re quoting.

Anyway. As to his score involvements I initially thought those were good numbers and possibly are, but on the table for score involvements totals he’s not in the top 100 unless I’m blind and missing him. I did count 4 port players in the top 100 though. Still his score involvement numbers could be good, just not top 100 in the afl good.
Club either trade or don't trade .Don't really matter what you think in the end. Club make the move if they think he is worth it. We are just making noise here without any real influence on the outcome.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Thanks

Anyway. As to his score involvements I initially thought those were good numbers and possibly are, but on the table for score involvements totals he’s not in the top 100 unless I’m blind and missing him. I did count 4 port players in the top 100 though. Still his score involvement numbers could be good, just not top 100 in the afl good.
Kid who’s missed a bunch of games not in the top 100 totals? Colour me shocked. He’s 91st on the averages table having been injured in multiple games and underdone in others so would be on average 5th/6th per team on his present less than customary levels

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Thanks

Games played tends to do that to total numbers. It’s average. And of course they pertain to position on ground otherwise his stats would be higher in direct goals, behinds or score assists. It’s not exact but anyone with any football sense could correlate those numbers.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yeah, that sucks
23yo with his whole future ahead of him
old ruckman (we already have one of those too)
It's all about supply and demand.

Goldstein has 5 years left in him and just beat Grundy. Essendon like the run and gun game and Goldstein allows them to play with one ruck and keep Daniher forward where he is the most dangerous. Essendon need a quality ruckman (Scott Draper leaving for St Kilda too) . Port need to give up something too. It's a scenario where all 3 teams are happy.

Maybe a 2nd rounder attached to Goldstein just to get it over the line.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

Goldstein has 5 years left in him and just beat Grundy. Essendon like the run and gun game and Goldstein allows them to play with one ruck and keep Daniher forward where he is the most dangerous. Essendon need a quality ruckman (Scott Draper leaving for St Kilda too) . Port need to give up something too. It's a scenario where all 3 teams are happy.

Entertainment channel Gold.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

37 year old ruckmen being common place in the afl and all

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
37 year old ruckmen being common place in the afl and all
Elite runner for a tall and had next to no injuries. Nothing saying he couldn't. Only have to look at Boomer to see what a player can do. Goldy could do the same. A lot of variables obviously (Brad Johnson was one that looked like he could go forever then his body just broke down) but saying he can't is just stupid.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Elite runner for a tall and had next to no injuries. Nothing saying he couldn't. Only have to look at Boomer to see what a player can do. Goldy could do the same. A lot of variables obviously (Brad Johnson was one that looked like he could go forever then his body just broke down) but saying he can't is just stupid.
You could be right..and in that case it would be lunacy for your club to trade him. Maybe instead of Goldy, North could take the lesser value option of including their 2019 1st rounder ;)

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have Campbell ready to step in until Xerri is ready. It'll lessen us in the short term but improve us long term.
You do, but from what you have said about Goldy, no way do you risk trading him so that another club gets 5 years of A grade silver service for their midfield. You would be better off trading campbell for a 4th rounder or so so that there is no block to Goldy rucking on and on whilst tutoring Xerri..I just can't believe you would want to risk trading him..Port would be getting a steal so better to give them your 1st round pick instead so that they don't feel like they just got away with daylight robberyo_O

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Have to apply the Essendon ratio, one EFC player is worth 2.3 times the same player at another club.
Its actually 2.43 now due to inflation.

And its an additional .5% loading for getting that stat wrong.

Fantasia plus a 4th is now worth Rozee, Duursma, Butters, pick 10, Charlie Dixon and their '04 premiership.

Would be devastated if he left. Compare our records with him and without over 2018-19:

With him: 22 games, 14 wins, 8 losses, average score 91.23, scored 100+ 8 times
Without him: 14 games, 5 wins, 9 losses, average score 73.42, scored 100+ once

We're a 3 goal better side with him there.

Back