Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

that explains that

why only play him half a game? Surely he needs to build his fitness.

not as bad as I thought.
still had no impact in a qtr Essendon dominated though.
Actually according to the stat sheet he's had 60% time on ground. :shrug: Been on the bench a fair bit anyway. I don't think he normally plays high minutes in the regular season, usually about 70% I think, though they've never explained it. I suspect he's commonly carrying injuries.

For a pre-season game though we have weird rotations anyway because there's 8 on the bench, two of whom are trying for an SSP spot.

Why is Stringer playing in the VFL tomorrow? Who the fu** knows what each players workload is.

Don’t know why Port fans are so keen to talk Fantasia down. If his body holds up I’m very confident he’ll have a very good season

We’re probably traumatised from hinkleys love affair with sub 180cm forwards, combined with the sickening BT love of Fantasia crossed with the overrating of Fantasia by dons supporters and it’s a perfect storm.

We don't want him at all.

I was against getting Fantasia the entire trade period and now that we’ve drafted Williams I’m even more against it.

We need a genuine KPD first and foremost followed by a quality KPF to takeover from Dixon in the next couple of years. I don’t want our trade capital being spent anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fantasia was a gun in 2017/18. Injury has really halted him though. Hopefully he can get back to his best.

I understand not wanting to trade anything of value for an injury prone player but I don’t understand why so many port supporters are invested in not wanting him at all.

When he’s fit (fully understand that doesn’t mean much) he’s an extremely talented player. Look at 2017 heck in 2016 he almost dragged us (the worst side in the comp) to victory over GWS at their home ground.

I understand not wanting to trade anything of value for an injury prone player but I don’t understand why so many port supporters are invested in not wanting him at all.

When he’s fit (fully understand that doesn’t mean much) he’s an extremely talented player. Look at 2017 heck in 2016 he almost dragged us (the worst side in the comp) to victory over GWS at their home ground.

Group polarisation. When you have dipshits like Matthew Lloyd in the media saying Ollie Wines or a top 10 pick would be a fair swap, it's only human nature to swing hard in the opposite direction.

Personally I think he's decent and I'd have no qualms with giving up, say, a pick in the 20's for him. But if we gave up anything like what the Victorian media suggested he was worth I'd be furious.

Back