Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png
Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
WHY ESSENDON ISN'T HAPPY WITH FANTASIA EXIT ANNOUNCEMENT

Essendon isn’t happy with the manner in which Orazio Fantasia’s exit was publicly announced, according to Kane Cornes.

Speaking on SEN SA earlier on Monday, Adelaide football boss Adam Kelly confirmed Fantasia’s intention to leave the Bombers and relocate back home to South Australia.

The 25-year-old small forward, who remains contracted to Essendon until the end of 2021, joins Joe Daniher and Adam Saad in leaving the club.

Cornes understands that Essendon wasn't pleased with an opposition club announcing the exit of Fantasia.

“The Bombers aren’t happy with Adam Kelly’s comments from yesterday (on SEN SA),” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“Clubs can get a bit touchy can’t they, (I don’t understand) what the issue is from Essendon’s point of view.

“I don’t think Essendon is that happy that the Crows announced that Orazio Fantasia is leaving their club.

“At the moment, he is a contracted player at the Bombers and their thinking is it would be up to Orazio’s management and the club to release that information, not Adelaide.

“Was is it inexperience or honesty from Adam Kelly? I loved it and thought it was good transparency.

“I don’t think there’s any issue with who announces that he’s leaving but I can tell you that the Bombers aren’t too happy about the comments made on the show yesterday.”

Port Adelaide pursued Fantasia last year before he ultimately decided to stay at Essendon.

But after Fantasia met with Crows officials over the weekend, Cornes says Adelaide is now in the “box seat” to sign him.

“The Crows met with (Fantasia) on the weekend,” he said.

“It was just a chat and they just caught up, he’s a player that they’re really interested in.

Essendon isn’t happy with the manner in which Orazio Fantasia’s exit was publicly announced, according to Kane Cornes.

Speaking on SEN SA earlier on Monday, Adelaide football boss Adam Kelly confirmed Fantasia’s intention to leave the Bombers and relocate back home to South Australia.

The 25-year-old small forward, who remains contracted to Essendon until the end of 2021, joins Joe Daniher and Adam Saad in leaving the club.

Cornes understands that Essendon wasn't pleased with an opposition club announcing the exit of Fantasia.

“The Bombers aren’t happy with Adam Kelly’s comments from yesterday (on SEN SA),” he said on SEN SA Breakfast.

“Clubs can get a bit touchy can’t they, (I don’t understand) what the issue is from Essendon’s point of view.

“I don’t think Essendon is that happy that the Crows announced that Orazio Fantasia is leaving their club.

“At the moment, he is a contracted player at the Bombers and their thinking is it would be up to Orazio’s management and the club to release that information, not Adelaide.

“Was is it inexperience or honesty from Adam Kelly? I loved it and thought it was good transparency.

“I don’t think there’s any issue with who announces that he’s leaving but I can tell you that the Bombers aren’t too happy about the comments made on the show yesterday.”

Port Adelaide pursued Fantasia last year before he ultimately decided to stay at Essendon.

But after Fantasia met with Crows officials over the weekend, Cornes says Adelaide is now in the “box seat” to sign him.

“It was just a chat and they just caught up, he’s a player that they’re really interested in.

Bit bizarre... from what I recall of the comments (and I can't be bothered going back to read them all again now), he just said something like "we understand he wants to come back to SA" and "we're always interested in talking to SA players wanting to come home". The first point has already been established 12 months ago when he said he wanted to come back then. And the second point is also pretty well known since we ARE always interested in talking to SA players wanting to come home (as are Port), that doesn't mean it always happens. He didn't say that the club was in any sort of official talks or negotiations about it.

I wonder if Essendon are actually unhappy (note the story doesn't offer any names or quotes from anybody at Essendon to support its case) or if it's just Kane being Kane and trying to stir up controversy where there is none.

It is interesting to see how different the spin is about the Crows jumping the gun on Fantasia vs Gibbs.

Not exactly the same, though - with Gibbs we had Reid just walk out in front of a bunch of cameras and say "Bryce Gibbs has requested a trade to Adelaide". Kelly was much more careful in his phrasing re Fantasia. He didn't say anybody had requested a trade anywhere. He mentioned that he "understands" that Fantasia wants to come back to SA, didn't say anything about a trade request or even that he wanted to come to the Crows. He has not committed himself to anything that he can't walk away from in 10 seconds flat if he doesn't like the direction it's going. Which is a much smarter way of handling it - the last thing you want to do is overcommit on a player that is contracted to another club unless getting bent over a barrel is something you enjoy.

Just Kornes being a jerk. Dan Richardson (Ess footy manager) was quoted last week saying he expected Fantasia to request a trade to SA. Kelly has said nothing inflammatory here nor shown a lack of experience. Move along.
exactly and nothing essendon didnt already say in the press themselves

we would have heard from dodo by now if he that unhappy

Kornes = fiction

I’d be surprised at this stage if Adelaide can’t bring home the deal from here, certainly at this stage the expectation is that they’ll be able to do the deal," Jay-Z said.

"What that actually looks like, what Essendon is gonna demand is gonna be very interesting.

"There’s a guy who’s only played 33 games over the past three years, he’s had a quad, hamstring, all sorts of injury issues.

"What is he worth, boys? I don’t think he’s got first round currency anymore.

"I think this negotiation’s gonna have to focus on a second round pick."

He didn't really say this did he? I think lockdown has driven him insane. Oh wait, he was dumb before coronavirus.

I’d be surprised at this stage if Adelaide can’t bring home the deal from here, certainly at this stage the expectation is that they’ll be able to do the deal," Jay-Z said.

If you havin' list problems i feel bad for you son
I got 99 problems but Dodo ain't one

Hell get bemused with wanting to waste draft picks on players like Fantasia and club currently holding onto Mackay ,Hartigan , Poholke , Gallucci with no contract and holding onto Davis, Seedsman, Kelly , Murphy etc with 1 year contract when we have not only our best draft hand ever but have free picks as well .
As well our player numbers will be reduced and also I imagined we would promote Butts and Keays to main list .
I have read on here where everyone one of those mentioned above, individual posters have wanted to keep .
Not only do we need to make space for probably 8 draft picks plus Hately, but why get Fantasia or keep Mackay etc to play ahead of the kids we are trying to create a positive future for our club.
If for some reason AFC do want Fantasia lets not make a approach as obvious Essendon want to get rid of , let them get desperate and come to us.

He can fu** right off if he does..

He can have a Gallucci or Poholke type.. and only just barely..

If we give up Worrell, Hamil or Sholl for a busted up Fanta then the club needs to be burnt to the ground.
I mentioned Worrell because he's an Essendon fan and has worked with Mathew Lloyd. Agree with you sentiments though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"What that actually looks like, what Essendon is gonna demand is gonna be very interesting.

"There’s a guy who’s only played 33 games over the past three years, he’s had a quad, hamstring, all sorts of injury issues.

* off..

Third round at the very earliest..

My god this ******* would love nothing more than for the crows to get * all for crouch and pay a shiteload more than hes worth for fanta.

What a joke. How is this knobhead allowed to spin this biased bs without being pulled up on it?...

fu** off..

My god this ******* would love nothing more than for the crows to get fu** all for crouch and pay a shiteload more than hes worth for fanta.

What a joke. How is this knobhead allowed to spin this biased bs without being pulled up on it?...
Don't forget the 2nd round finishes at pick #36 .....We may trade #44 back into the late 2nd round

The other consideration will be whether we pick up a portion of his salary .....the trade-off, a higher draft pick (44)

fu** off..

My god this ******* would love nothing more than for the crows to get fu** all for crouch and pay a shiteload more than hes worth for fanta.

Fantasia being a crows player in 2021 means nothing. If we want him we can wait and get him for free in 12 months.

Don't forget the 2nd round finishes at pick #36 .....We may trade #44 back into the late 2nd round

The other consideration will be whether we pick up a portion of his salary .....the trade-off, a higher draft pick (44)
I dont want him unless its for a pick from 50 onwards or a player swap of equal value.. and I especially dont want the crows to be picking up any “portions” of his salary..

He wants out of essendon.. thats his and essendons problem.. not ours. We shouldnt be getting punished for essendons problems...

Tell them that we will swap Gallucci or poke for him. (Even thats being generous).. if they dont like it.. see ya later.

I dont want him unless its for a pick from 50 onwards or a player swap of equal value.. and I especially dont want the crows to be picking up any “portions” of his salary..

He wants out of essendon.. thats his and essendons problem.. not ours. We shouldnt be getting punished for essendons problems...

Tell them that we will swap Gallucci or poke for him. (Even thats being generous).. if they dont like it.. see ya later.
Mate, not worth getting upset about ....pick 44 was only for points on academy players, so I have no qualms about using it on Fantasia

We're not taking a spot away from another player ......well, that's not entirely true, may affect Edwards or Newchurch ?

fu** off..

We aren't his target audience

Mate, not worth getting upset about ....pick 44 was only for points on academy players, so I have no qualms about using it on Fantasia

We're not taking a spot away from another player ......well, that's not entirely true, may affect Edwards or Newchurch ?
We give a spot to fanta and we definately take one away from a another player... there’s very little doubt in that.

If we dont grab newchurch we’re idiots. The lad has x-factor, speed, speed and speed and tons of talent.. he just need a little guidance and attitude adjustment.

You back yourself in to help him make those minor changes to his game and life.

The lads only 17.. think back to when you were 17.. back then half the time all your mind was on was a bit of skirt..

We give a spot to fanta and we definately take one away from a another player... there’s very little doubt in that.

If we dont grab newchurch we’re idiots. The lad has x-factor, speed, speed and speed and tons of talent.. he just need a little guidance and attitude adjustment.

You back yourself in to help him make those minor changes to his game and life.

The lads only 17.. think back to when you were 17.. back then half the time all your mind was on was a bit of skirt..
I'm not as big on Edwards .....so would you choose the footy acumen of Edwards, or the speed of Fantasia ?

I'm not as big on Edwards .....so would you choose the footy acumen of Edwards, or the speed of Fantasia ?

Yeah, I'd choose Edwards all day, every day, just because of how many injuries Fantasia have had in the past couple of years (and Edwards is a good ball user).

I think for me, the point I'd choose Fantasia is if the final list spot came down to him or Mackay, and we had covered all of our early draft picks and NGAs.

18 year old vs 25 year old.

One with a long history of recurring soft tissue vs one with no history at all of recurring injuries of any description.

Are we in a rebuilding phase or not?

Back