Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png
Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
I'm not heaps opposed to it, as long as we aren't giving up much. Lynch is starting to slow down, Stengle missing the first 4 next year and Murphy isn't a goal threat. Fantasia's injury history is a concern but Daniher has signalled one of the main reasons he's leaving is because of the medical staff, maybe a fresh outlook will help get his body right. Unreal player at his best, would add some serious pace, roll the dice.

Only if he's not expensive (contract-wise and trade-wise). Stengle missing games and already has two strikes to his name. Most don't see Murphy as a long term anything so why not. Port don't need him. Can't see them being interested unless it's to bump up his price to the Crows.

So we have Stengle, McAdam and Murphy and therefore we dont need Orazio. Well I think Orazio would be well ahead of Murphy. Stengle creates a concern given his behavior this year. McAdam we keep. So I think we could use Orazio. But I do have concerns about (1) the cost has to be in the second round no earlier (2) we can verify his physical issues (3) attitude. I dont know too much about him but some on here think he has a poor attitude. If thats the case then we dont need that at the club especially given that we are going through a rebuild. He has the talent and would be nice but he may have too much other baggage. I am sure that Kelly will do due diligence.

If Orazio can get fit... he is our best small fwd and likely top 5 small fwd in the comp.
Ess played him up the ground last few years for whatever reason... + his injuries...
Park him in the fwd line and will avg 2 goals a game

If Orazio can get fit... he is our best small fwd and likely top 5 small fwd in the comp.
Ess played him up the ground last few years for whatever reason... + his injuries...
Park him in the fwd line and will avg 2 goals a game

Honestly hadnt seen much of him, being overseas, so I dug around a bit. Purely on talent, and at not quite 25 yet there's enough to be curious about.
Found a clip here:

Big year in 2017 - not many small forwards capable of 40 goal seasons in a mid table side....
Downhill since, missed 9 in 2018, 7 in 2019 then most of this year.

Not conclusive by any means, but feel like tackle numbers give you a pretty good idea of level of effort. Was averaging in the 3-4/game range (4.9 across 2018) until the past couple years - down to 2.1 and 1.2.

Would be interested to hear from those closer to essendon whether they think its a character/ego thing - found the heavily front loaded contract interesting - or symptomatic of state of the list or something else. Looks more to it than just fitness/injury.

Still, if you can get strong talent cheaply into a new environment with the right attitude & checks out injury wise seems worth a list spot for the right price.

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

The simple question we need to ask ourselves is, is he a required player in a rebuild? .... No.

We're trying to go forward ....

We got our Hately, we'll pick up a KPF and some good young kids.

The one kid we NEED to go all out for is Parfitt. Give this kid good coin on a decent length. He will be an absolute fun in our rejuvenating midfield.

There's my 2 cents worth ...

Comes at way too much of a risk. Should only offer a 2 year contract. He seems like the kind of guy that would get his body right for one year then coast until he was in the last year of his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a massive, massive fan of him a few years ago. But absolutely, categorically NO. I don't care if he doesn't cost anything either. Blocks a younger player. Most likely cooked or spends most of the time getting his body right. He is icing and we dont have the cake yet. Pass, pass, pass.

Honestly hadnt seen much of him, being overseas, so I dug around a bit. Purely on talent, and at not quite 25 yet there's enough to be curious about.
Found a clip here:

Big year in 2017 - not many small forwards capable of 40 goal seasons in a mid table side....
Downhill since, missed 9 in 2018, 7 in 2019 then most of this year.

Not conclusive by any means, but feel like tackle numbers give you a pretty good idea of level of effort. Was averaging in the 3-4/game range (4.9 across 2018) until the past couple years - down to 2.1 and 1.2.

Would be interested to hear from those closer to essendon whether they think its a character/ego thing - found the heavily front loaded contract interesting - or symptomatic of state of the list or something else. Looks more to it than just fitness/injury.

Still, if you can get strong talent cheaply into a new environment with the right attitude & checks out injury wise seems worth a list spot for the right price.

impressive highlights
only issue is these all came from the first year color tv was introduced into australia

Dodo usually wants players not draft picks.
Swap him for Kelly, maybe Lynch with a 4th rounder to us. Then hope for the best.
Will his inevitable medical bills count towards our soft cap?

Dodo usually wants players not draft picks.
Swap him for Kelly, maybe Lynch with a 4th rounder to us. Then hope for the best.
Will his inevitable medical bills count towards our soft cap?
kelly will go collingwood

gallucci poholke murphy likely candidates

4th rounder

I’m coming round to him, as a bulwark should we need to cut bait with that halfwit Stengle
You just watch if we end up parting ways with stengle because 'it is the right thing to do or howver they will spin it'...after having negative press that a virtuous vic club will take him in the next draft period and all will be well with the vic media world

kelly will go collingwood

gallucci poholke murphy likely candidates

Gooch needs another year here. Been injured. I still think he will come good. No to OF. To much baggage. We have just got Brouch fit and we want a 30 plus possession player out to bring in another crock on big money.

For a 3rd rounder or whatever we'd get in a trade for Kelly, Seedsman, Poholke, Gallucci id pull the trigger. With the question marks on Stengle, its worth the risk imo. Admittedly, his best football was 2 years ago but his best is streets ahead and a sizeable upgrade on Murphy.

Back