Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png

Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:

Stan16

Team Captain
Jul 2, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
The next missing piece!

It's going to be funny when they realise they are missing 3-5 pieces.

Not giving up a pick that high, pass if it came to that

Ahah sucked in Port, they are going to give up decent draft coin to lure an injury prone player.. it was never going to be cheap given that he's contracted.

This smells like the Gibbs deal all over, the missing piece. Hopefully Port gives us a bit and this makes the draft harder for them by bidding on Jones.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
It's going to be funny when they realise they are missing 3-5 pieces.

Ahah sucked in Port, they are going to give up decent draft coin to lure an injury prone player.. it was never going to be cheap given that he's contracted.

This smells like the Gibbs deal all over, the missing piece. Hopefully Port gives us a bit and this makes the draft harder for them by bidding on Jones.
might open up a bigger chance to get Jones

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
I don't see how Port get this deal done unless the move someone on to provide the draft pick Essendon are looking for. Trading next year's first first would be a disaster result for them, and Dodoro definitely prefers current year 1st round picks over future ones. How they get this done without compromising their Jones bid I am interested to see.

Sep 8, 2008
argentina
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don't see how Port get this deal done unless the move someone on to provide the draft pick Essendon are looking for. Trading next year's first first would be a disaster result for them, and Dodoro definitely prefers current year 1st round picks over future ones. How they get this done without compromising their Jones bid I am interested to see.
Probably their pick in the 30s gets it done. They’ll probably trade someone , maybe Lycette or Bonner

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
So do they have enough picks to bundle up to take Jones then? srs question as I have not done any research.
Depends where the bid comes in but they can go into deficit. They'll also need to match a big for Taj Schofield.

They'll trade out some list fillers for picks IMO. Guys like Bonner, Garner and Farrell.... Who I actually think is a pretty handy player.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Has there been an official statement from Essendon saying he wants out? All I’ve heard is media guesses so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dplggr47

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Has there been an official statement from Essendon saying he wants out? All I’ve heard is media guesses so far.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
All I've heard is media saying Essendon have essentially shut the door on him and there's no way he'll be welcomed back, but if Essendon come out and say this, they lose all bargaining power.
With Bellchambers retired Dons need a ruck. Port almost have one more than they need
They have Draper

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
All I've heard is media saying Essendon have essentially shut the door on him and there's no way he'll be welcomed back, but if Essendon come out and say this, they lose all bargaining power.
They have Draper
Is he pure ruck or would they prefer ruck/forward and have main ruck?

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
They have Draper
And they delist Smac so they must have backups.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They have Draper
Rutten said they'll have him back, mind you that's according to Jay Clark.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont really get why the media talk about a pick pushing out for academy players and father sons.
It doesn’t matter.
An extreme hypothetical can show that it does.

Let's say the dogs were trading Bontempelli and someone offered pick 1.

Let's also say that the top 10 kids in the country happened to be born within a zone tying them to clubs other than the dogs. Assume that they would have been top 10 without access to the Academy.

The dogs now know they're going to get the 11th best draftee in the country simply because 10 others were born in specific areas.

Do you think the dogs would then value pick 11 as pick 1 for that year? I wouldn't.

Do we look back on old drafts and bump players up the order when talking about their draft position?

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
What a stinker

Port would most probably jump at that deal.

Dodoro is going to want Pick 26 with steak knives at a minimum.

Trading Bonner (who at best is a depth player) would have absolutely no impact on their list at all, but that deal is going to make getting Alir Alir really tough.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
An extreme hypothetical can show that it does.

Let's say the dogs were trading Bontempelli and someone offered pick 1.

Let's also say that the top 10 kids in the country happened to be born within a zone tying them to clubs other than the dogs. Assume that they would have been top 10 without access to the Academy.

The dogs now know they're going to get the 11th best draftee in the country simply because 10 others were born in specific areas.

Do you think the dogs would then value pick 11 as pick 1 for that year? I wouldn't.

Do we look back on old drafts and bump players up the order when talking about their draft position?
So do we have pick 1 or is it pick 2?

Back