Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png
Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
Even if they trade out 26 and 31 for Fantasia and Alir Alir they will still have about 900 points with their remaining picks.

If we bid on Jones at 8 that will put them about 400 points into arrears and if they have to match on Schofield it will turn their 2021 first into a mid-late 2nd round pick.
If they trade out the first Picks, and a bid come in for Jones at say 10 = 1119pts *20% removed)needed to match.
Best case for Port due to earlier bids
Pick 26 to 30 = 629pts
Pick 31 to 35 = 522pts
Pick 41 to 45 = 347pts
Pick 51 to 55 = 207pts
Pick 53 to 57 = 182pts
Total without trades = 1887pts enough for Jones pick 10 and Schofield at Pick 20 plus (added the 197pts to total for Schofield bid)
Remove pick 26 = 1258pts remove Jone and that leaves 130 pts for Schofield, any bid under 45 and they go into deficit.
Port need to trade Players out for Points if they want to stay in 2021 SA strong draft. if they get Fantasia

Pick 20 to Port for their 2021 R1 pick?

I was thinking similar.. especially if Port think they may potentially go into deficit to secure Jones and Schofield as if my understanding is correct, any points deficit would be taken off their 2nd Round pick even if they traded back into the 1st Round in 2021.

At worst we trade our pick 20* for Pick 18* next year but stand to gain if Port don’t back up their form of 2020. It’s a gamble but not a big one on our part.

Here is what I don't get - If there is a bid on Jones within the top 10 (I think it will be closer to pick 4-6), and a bid on Schofield in the 20's, how do Port;
  1. Match both without going in to significant deficit next year?
  2. Have anything to trade for Fantasia?
They are going to have to trade out a reasonable player to get anywhere near completing these. I just don't see how it happens?

Either they're planning to move someone out, or they're going to gamble this year wasn't a fluke and are happy to wear the deficit.

Are Essendon filthy about Port talking about one of their players wanting to leave, like Caro said they were when Adam Kelly repeated what Essendons (now sacked) football boss said only a week before about Fantasia wanting to return home?

Their bloke made it a point to say that Essendon had confirmed his wish to leave. Can see that anything resembling speaking out of turn is a sore point with some list managers.

If they trade out the first Picks, and a bid come in for Jones at say 10 = 1119pts *20% removed)needed to match.
Best case for Port due to earlier bids
Pick 26 to 30 = 629pts
Pick 31 to 35 = 522pts
Pick 41 to 45 = 347pts
Pick 51 to 55 = 207pts
Pick 53 to 57 = 182pts
Total without trades = 1887pts enough for Jones pick 10 and Schofield at Pick 20 plus (added the 197pts to total for Schofield bid)
Remove pick 26 = 1258pts remove Jone and that leaves 130 pts for Schofield, any bid under 45 and they go into deficit.
Port need to trade Players out for Points if they want to stay in 2021 SA strong draft. if they get Fantasia

They will get some points back from Bombers in the Fanta deal. Something like 26 and Bonner (low grade Saad and McKenna replacement) for 42 plus Fanta

Will give 300 points back and I reckon Schofield will be lucky to be bid on. Certainly not top 30 anyway

Now Aliir is out Port will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their bloke made it a point to say that Essendon had confirmed his wish to leave. Can see that anything resembling speaking out of turn is a sore point with some list managers.
Yeah Chris Davies actually made a point of saying they’d discussed with Essendon the language they’d use when discussing Fantasia.

Yeah Chris Davies actually made a point of saying they’d discussed with Essendon the language they’d use when discussing Fantasia.

I hate too say it but as a rule they do come across more professional in their dealings with other clubs than we do. We tend to struggling to find the balance between talking too much and too little at times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was always going to be the case that essondon demanded a first. I think I posted something to that effect when it was first announced he wanted back to SA

Was always going to be the case that essondon demanded a first. I think I posted something to that effect when it was first announced he wanted back to SA

At least we do not have to deal with him.

Imagine if it went pear-shaped again this year! 😳

Surely it gets done this time?

At least Port know the price next year is $900,000 x 3 years for a want-away injury prone RFA forward or Essendon are matching! Should simplify things for them.

Back