Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png
Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
Are Essendon filthy about Port talking about one of their players wanting to leave, like Caro said they were when Adam Kelly repeated what Essendons (now sacked) football boss said only a week before about Fantasia wanting to return home?
I dont think Kelly said anything controversial

He just said that Adelaide would always do is review and due diligence on any quality AFL player that wanted to return home to SA

Im ok with not bowing down to every Vic club and their narrative

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate too say it but as a rule they do come across more professional in their dealings with other clubs than we do. We tend to struggling to find the balance between talking too much and too little at times

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This will mean nothing now to Essendon that Port towed the line to their narrative

They will still try and pamts port in a trade

The Dons are going to make the Power squeal like Pigs to get the deal done.
Lol at Dodo rejecting pick 26 which is overs.

If I were Port, I would wait a year & pick him up as a FA.

What is it about these perennially injured Essendon players Dodo wants over the odds for.

What is it about these perennially injured Essendon players Dodo wants over the odds for.

Port overpaying in terms of contract and draft picks is at least a positive.

Fantasia doesn't play the game as a modern day small forward

Yes he loves a goal and has some x factor however for a small forward with his pace he refuses to tackle and applies little to no forward pressure

Port overpaying in terms of contract and draft picks is at least a positive.
I don't get it, as they need points for Jones.

E.g. if we bid on our pick 9, they need 1175 points to match. They have picks 28 (677 points), 34 (542), 43 (378), 56 (194) 58 (170). If they trade pick 28 for Fantasia, pretty much all their remaining points picks are wiped out

E.g. if we bid on our pick 9, they need 1175 points to match. They have picks 28 (677 points), 34 (542), 43 (378), 56 (194) 58 (170). If they trade pick 28 for Fantasia, pretty much all their remaining points picks are wiped out
That will be our moment to shine in South Australia. Number 1 team. :drunk:

Go head over to the fantasia thread on the main board. I dropped a little bomb on there about port giving essendon their 2021 1st and when the ants nest was well and truly stirred i suggested that once they overpay we might like to bid on jones AND schofield..that was not popular either

What if we trade our "end of first round pick" to Port for their 2021 1st (then not bid on Jones) they could send that to Essendon.

A death riding Port thread would be epic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon have knocked back pick 26 and want a first rounder, sucked in

that’s Brad Crouch type value

Essendon will settle for pick 26 (or whatever it is now) I rekon

I think Essendon will get more than that, ultimately they hold the whip hand because Fanta still has 12 months left on his deal.

This is so typical of Port though, that they've gone and chased 2 players when they don't have the draft capital to get the deals done.

I hope they have to give up both their 2nd rounders because when we bid on Jones it'll then mean that they will have to go into deficit and lose their first rounder next year.

I think Essendon will get more than that, ultimately they hold the whip hand because Fanta still has 12 months left on his deal.

This is so typical of Port though, that they've gone and chased 2 players when they don't have the draft capital to get the deals done.

I hope they have to give up both their 2nd rounders because when we bid on Jones it'll then mean that they will have to go into deficit and lose their first rounder next year.
Pear always seem to work some miracle during trades so I doubt they will get shafted

Or if they lose both seconds could we cut a deal with them to get their 2021 1st so that they dont lose its value by going into deficit this year?

Doubt we need to get involved in a bid for Jones. One of the Melbourne clubs will go after him

They have the capital, just not factored for Dodo. That said, I exoect they knew it wouldn't be easy and conveyed to OF. I think it'll be 26 or see you next year.

Probably ok for Port, to end up with Fantasia and Jones. A good off season.

My question will be if they have enough list spaces to use 4 draft picks. They will likely then go with a couple of other DFAs as a result

Getting a decent trade value out of Essendon was only one of reasons I did not want Fantasia
--- very very injury prone
---- very flakey --want to go back Adelaide --no -- maybe --sogn long contract ---want to go back Adelaide
--- He is not that good -- a average forward had a few top games over many years

Back