Adelaide
Maybe 7+8+29 for Dunkley and Pick 14

Maybe your onto it there
Essendon get Dunkley, Caldwell & 44 for 7, 8 & 29
GWS get 8, 13 & 14 for Cameron, Caldwell & 44
Bulldogs get 20, 22, 23, 29 & 40 for Dunkley & 14
Geelong get Cameron for 13 & 15
Adelaide get Hately & 7 for 22, 23 & 40

News that GWS asking a top 10 for Caldwell, has stalled this trade. Essendon planning on effectively using Fantasia's pick for Caldwell.

I wouldn't want to be paying more for Caldwell over Fantasia either.

I'd happily take Caldwell on our list over three Fantasia's. If Caldwell and Fantasia are going to cost the same then ideally Port would tell Dodoro to piss off and go trade for Caldwell instead.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not to rain on your parade, but seems pretty obvious he will not pay for Essendon next year, so you can not trade him I guess, but not sure how that will achieve anything at your end. Port are not losing a player they never had, but you will end up with nothing and a player who wont play for you. So keep banging on about 1st rounders and Ollie Wines and look forward to not seeing the player on the field for you (not that you see much of him anyway).

That's their position anyway though. Next year he's a free agent of some description and they get compo in a better draft year. Dons get the same result either way.

That's their position anyway though. Next year he's a free agent of some description and they get compo in a better draft year. Dons get the same result either way.

This treating players as commodities rather than people attitude is the same attitude your club has taken, and it's the same reason that required players walk out on your club year after year after year. If Essendon want to destroy their culture over Orazio ****ing Fantasia rather than take a universally regarded as fair offer for him, be our guests.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
This treating players as commodities rather than people attitude is the same attitude your club has taken, and it's the same reason that required players walk out on your club year after year after year. If Essendon want to destroy their culture over Orazio ****ing Fantasia rather than take a universally regarded as fair offer for him, be our guests.
we're losing 3 players this year.
Ryder, Melksham and Hibberd were the 3 before that in 2014, 15 & 16.

6 players in 7 years doesn't really match the picture you're painting there.

I'd happily take Caldwell on our list over three Fantasia's. If Caldwell and Fantasia are going to cost the same then ideally Port would tell Dodoro to piss off and go trade for Caldwell instead.

He’d have to be open to moving to SA....

Essendon

Out: Fantasia, Pick 8, future third
In: Pick 16, pick 29, Collingwood future first, Port Adelaide future fourth

Port Adelaide

Out: Pick 29, future third, future fourth
In: Fantasia: 42, 75

Collingwood

Out: Pick 16, pick 42, pick 75, future first
In: Pick 8, Port Adelaide future third, Essendon future third

Essendon also provides handshake agreement not to bid on McInnes. The other benefits to Collingwood is that it facilitates the Dunkley deal, thus getting Treloar's salary off the books while also giving them picks to match next year's Daicos bid.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
News that GWS asking a top 10 for Caldwell, has stalled this trade. Essendon planning on effectively using Fantasia's pick for Caldwell.

I wouldn't want to be paying more for Caldwell over Fantasia either.
Asking for a top ten pick for an uncontracted unproven but highly regarded young midfielder is maybe a bit stiff. I personally rate Caldwell highly watching him predraft. You would hope they move a little on that.

caldwells value >>>>>>>>>> Fantasia

I would stake my house that if you asked on the main board which player people would prefer you wouldn’t get more than 1/100 picking orazio
Essendon

Out: Fantasia, Pick 8, future third
In: Pick 16, pick 29, Collingwood future first, Port Adelaide future fourth

Port Adelaide

Out: Pick 29, future third, future fourth
In: Fantasia: 42, 75

Collingwood

Out: Pick 16, pick 42, pick 75, future first
In: Pick 8, Port Adelaide future third, Essendon future third

Essendon also provides handshake agreement not to bid on McInnes. The other benefits to Collingwood is that it facilitates the Dunkley deal, thus getting Treloar's salary off the books while also giving them picks to match next year's Daicos bid.
why even ******* bother

might as well write

Essendon - get everything they want

port - losers

it would waste less time.

DeezNuts

Team Captain
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Who says no?

Brisbane In: 8
Brisbane out: 18,19

Essendon In: Caldwell, Port Future First, 57
Essendon Out: 8, Fantasia

GWS In: 18
GWS Out: Caldwell

Port In: Fantasia, 19
Port Out: Future First, 57

DeezNuts

Team Captain
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
yeah that's port getting bent over to help other teams get want they want. our 1st can't go anywhere anyway.

Hardly Port getting bent over
I don't like the whole Points value argument as an exact science but assuming Port finish around 4th next year it values Orazio as pick 46-55

Also worth noting the Pick 19 was originally yours this season so if anything this deal favors Port

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hardly Port getting bent over
I don't like the whole Points value argument as an exact science but assuming Port finish around 4th next year it values Orazio as pick 46

and requires port to trade their first round pick in a strong draft they like for a noboby

how about essendons pick 8 for pick 29, 35 and Farrell?

that also values Farrell as a low pick right?

(inb4 idiots take this as a serious trade suggestion and not an example of his flawed logic)

Back