Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly Port getting bent over
I don't like the whole Points value argument as an exact science but assuming Port finish around 4th next year it values Orazio as pick 46-55

Also worth noting the Pick 19 was originally yours this season so if anything this deal favors Port

Pick 19 would be absorbed on a Jones bid that we can already match with points as is anyway. Meaning we would lose pick 19 instantly.

It would end up being for Port:

In: Fantasia, Pick 47, Pick 59 (that we keep with 19 being absorbed on a Jones bid instead of losing 47 and 59 we now lose 19 instead and have some excess points left)
Out: 2021 Future 1st (in a loaded draft), 57

We can't even trade the pick anyway because we traded our future 2nd but makes absolutely no sense for us to do that even if we could.

Asking for a top ten pick for an uncontracted unproven but highly regarded young midfielder is maybe a bit stiff. I personally rate Caldwell highly watching him predraft. You would hope they move a little on that.

caldwells value >>>>>>>>>> Fantasia

I would stake my house that if you asked on the main board which player people would prefer you wouldn’t get more than 1/100 picking orazio

why even ******* bother

might as well write

Essendon - get everything they want

port - losers

it would waste less time.

isnt that exactly what high draft picks are used for these days?? you want a proven AFL level player coming out of the TAC?

you don't trade first round picks for players who aren't stars anyway. It's pure fantasy.
I get the fact you can't trade your future first now so this trade couldn't work regardless

But saying it's "pure fantasy" to trade a first and a fourth for a player and a first shows you have terrible comprehension skills

comprehension my god man. I explained to you why trades like that don't happen.
You didn't actually, and again assuming you have a similar season next season it's essentially Fantasia + 19 for 19 (Next Year) & 57
But somehow that's Port getting "Bent over" ....

comprehension my god man. I explained to you why trades like that don't happen.

Trades do happen like that though.
McCarthy and pick 7, 34 and 72 for pick 3 traded by GWS to Freo in 2016.

Of course it was not a great trade but its clear these sorts of trades do exist. I'm not sure anyone thought McCarthy was a superstar either. He had had a good year and then sat out for an entire year.

Trades do happen like that though.
McCarthy and pick 7, 34 and 72 for pick 3 traded by GWS to Freo in 2016.

Of course it was not a great trade but its clear these sorts of trades do exist. I'm not sure anyone thought McCarthy was a superstar either. He had had a good year and then sat out for an entire year.
That was a bit different. 7 was useless that year for the Giants because of Setterfield and Perryman we’re getting a bid in the first round. They also were hugely into Andrew McGrath that year and were trying to get pick 1.

Haha Stephenson goes for pick 26 and Dodoro wants a 1st for Fantasia.

Laughing at Ned Guy, not Dodoro.

Speaking of which, think it would've been better if we shipped Stevo off to Bomberland in exchange of a competent list manager like Dodoro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. This deal could've been ages ago. Did not need the F3 back.

So Essendon slightly won again. Don't why you would want to join them.

Back