Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon have a habit of ruining players and absolutely tanking their trade value, and then complaining that they don't still get top dollar for them at the trade table.

You're lucky to have gotten a half eaten sandwich for Fanta after his last couple of years. Thankfully for him and us, he seems to be getting his career back on track now that he's at a good club.
Love the mental gymnastics lol. Just admit you were wrong champ, it happens to the best of it. Once you leave your ego at the door you can focus on how to improve your poor takes. It's a win-win for everyone.

Wanted to go home but only wanted to go to port Adelaide. Good luck to him. Anything to get out of the absolute stain of a football club he once played at.

Wait, do Port fans actually want him now?

Shocked to be sitting here.

He’s always had the talent and I fully expected him to get back to his best this year, between the injuries and his mind clearly being elsewhere he was never going to get back to that at Essendon.

Love the mental gymnastics lol. Just admit you were wrong champ, it happens to the best of it. Once you leave your ego at the door you can focus on how to improve your poor takes. It's a win-win for everyone.

I wasn't wrong, I was happy to trade #29 for him the whole time. It was dipshits claiming he was still worth a first rounder because of his one good season three years ago I took issue with.

Fantasia couldn't get on the park for two seasons at Essendon, finds himself at a new club and immediately puts up 6 scoring shots in a half.

Joe Daniher couldn't get on the park for three seasons at Essendon, finds himself at a new club and suddenly hasn't missed a training session and has so far kicked 4 goals in an internal trial and 4 goals in a scratcher against GC last week.

Maybe rather than whingeing about getting 'unders' at the trade table, Essendon fans should be wondering what is going wrong at their club that they can't get the best out of these guys when they're there?

I said this on October 8th 2020 (got a couple of laugh reactions btw), port fans always wanted him just for the correct price

Nah a large base of Port supporters were adamantly against recruiting him at ANY price. Look here for dozens of examples:

I said this on October 8th 2020 (got a couple of laugh reactions btw), port fans always wanted him just for the correct price

Look if we're being honest this is certainly not true of all Port fans. But it's no more unreasonable than the few Bombers flogs on here who were demanding first rounders for him.

Essendon have a habit of ruining players and absolutely tanking their trade value, and then complaining that they don't still get top dollar for them at the trade table.

You're lucky to have gotten a half eaten sandwich for Fanta after his last couple of years. Thankfully for him and us, he seems to be getting his career back on track now that he's at a good club.
If Fantasia and Daniher come good it’s says a lot about the environment they wanted out of.

Fantasia couldn't get on the park for two seasons at Essendon, finds himself at a new club and immediately puts up 6 scoring shots in a half.

Joe Daniher couldn't get on the park for three seasons at Essendon, finds himself at a new club and suddenly hasn't missed a training session and has so far kicked 4 goals in an internal trial and 4 goals in a scratcher against GC last week.

Maybe rather than whingeing about getting 'unders' at the trade table, Essendon fans should be wondering what is going wrong at their club that they can't get the best out of these guys when they're there?
Maybe wait the year before declaring Fantasia fit. Soft tissue injury galore. I'm happy with the second rounder for a guy that's done nothing for 3 years.

Daniher was fine in the last month of the season. We got him right and then he left. I believe his injuries are behind him.

I'm sad Saad and McKenna left because they gave everything when they played for us, but I don't care about the other two. A little bitter about Daniher leaving given how we travelled the world to help him, but feeling apathetic about Fantasia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wanted to go home but only wanted to go to port Adelaide.
This lie keeps getting repeated. To be fair, it’s the media’s fault for perpetuating it.

His preference was always the Crows. He tried several times to get to them, but the Crows didn’t want him due to their current list situation. It was only after failing to get to the AFC that his preference changed to “only Port”.

That being said, good luck to them and him. They snagged a good player.

FMD he’s done nothing yet everyone let’s just calm the hell down and wait until mid season

He still has a s**t haircut too

This lie keeps getting repeated. To be fair, it’s the media’s fault for perpetuating it.

His preference was always the Crows. He tried several times to get to them, but the Crows didn’t want him due to their current list situation. It was only after failing to get to the AFC that his preference changed to “only Port”.

Hahahahahha the delusion on this one

Source: trust me bro

I'm taking pick 29 over a Diva who refuses to do his job any day.

But his talent was never in question.....well actually it was for the Port fans who were adamant Motlop was better 😂
29 ended up being a good chunk of the Caldwell deal.
So happy with that (or we could have baulked at Shiel and drafted Caldwell anyway, but anyhoo)

Nobody believes you. Stop trying.

If Fantasia and Daniher come good it’s says a lot about the environment they wanted out of.
Tend to agree.
Fantasia and Daniher kicked 180 goals between them in 2016 and 2017. (Fantasia was only 20 and 21). If they suddenly get back to fitness and form now they are gone you have to ask what was happening in between.

He just seems far more mentally at home back in SA. If he can hit his pre-injury form at Port he could quickly become their barometer like he was at the Bombers.

Back