• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
He's kicked 39.22 and 29.25 & 75 marks where he's played ~20 games. This as a 20 and 21yo
Missed the end of last season and that's carried into this season, so his stats are gonna be around the low 20s mark with less games

Outside of Breust at his best, i'd have him in top echelon of small forwards at his best
He was tracking to AA last year prior to injury.
Michael Walters is a superstar.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's easy to spot the people who haven't seen a lot of Raz, He's a phenomenal footballer. The ability to play as the deepest forward and lead at the ball carrier from the goal square, Is bullet fast, has fantastic skills, can mark, jump like the best of them. Best footy in front of him.

Injuries his only downside and it's a real annoying one.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
It's easy to spot the people who haven't seen a lot of Raz, He's a phenomenal footballer. The ability to play as the deepest forward and lead at the ball carrier from the goal square, Is bullet fast, has fantastic skills, can mark, jump like the best of them. Best footy in front of him.

Injuries his only downside and it's a real annoying one.
And that's the catch - a bit like Higgins before we got him. Has looked like tearing the comp apart but then breaks down.

Ess price is if he stays fit.
Every other team's price is what he has produced.

Fair price is somewhere in the middle.

a forward used through the middle is not going to dominate one stat area

His goals aren't going to be comparable to most small forwards who stay at home because Raz moves up the ground.
His possessions won't match other midfielders because he is forward a lot more than in the middle.

Think Gresham/Rayner type players.

You need to watch them instead of the stat sheets to know their true value.
Unfortunately, the last 12 months Raz has missed a few games through injury and illness (likely just one mismanaged injury knowing Essendon).
But the 2.5 years before that he was hitting the scoreboard solidly.

And he's only 23.

Jade Gresham is 21 (two years younger than Orazio Fanasia) and is averaging 22 disposals a game in 2019 and 17 disposals a game in 2018.

By this comparison Fantasia just looks even weaker-- I think Essendon would be lucky to get a 2nd Round pick for him at this stage IMO.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd agree if we were only worried about stats.

Have you watched him play or nah

Yeah I’ve watched him play, not week in week out but enough.

Your claim was that he gets used up the ground a fair bit.

13d 1.9 inside 50’s says he either doesn’t or can’t find the ball when he does

If you want to break it down to individual games I said he has only broken 15d twice this season.

Jade Gresham is 21 (two years younger than Orazio Fanasia) and is averaging 22 disposals a game in 2019 and 17 disposals a game in 2018.

By this comparison Fantasia just looks even weaker-- I think Essendon would be lucky to get a 2nd Round pick for him at this stage IMO.
YEH HIS s**t, NOBODY SHULD TRADE FOR HIM

If you want to break it down to individual games I said he has only broken 15d twice this season.
He's also had about 2 consecutive games this season.

Maybe watch a bit harder

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
=

"fair bit" probably isn't as much as you think.

I mean, I'm hoping he stays so I don't even know why I'm trying to convince you.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics

I would love to know the odds of essendon getting a 2nd rd pick for a contracted fantasia.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He's also had about 2 consecutive games this season.

Maybe watch a bit harder
=

"fair bit" probably isn't as much as you think.

I mean, I'm hoping he stays so I don't even know why I'm trying to convince you.

I’ve simply challenged your assertion that he goes up the ground with stats that say he doesn’t get the ball if he does...

No amount of “watching” can change facts

If he is going up the ground, and doing productive stuff that I’m overlooking with statistics please please highlight what it is?

I’m not having a go at you or crapping over Fantasia I’m genuinely not seeing why you see and the facts support me.

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
I’ve simply challenged your assertion that he goes up the ground with stats that say he doesn’t get the ball if he does...

No amount of “watching” can change facts

If he is going up the ground, and doing productive stuff that I’m overlooking with statistics please please highlight what it is?

I’m not having a go at you or crapping over Fantasia I’m genuinely not seeing why you see and the facts support me.

I'll email you a medal.

Amongst your stats have you looked at effectiveness? Matches won with/without him in the team?

there's a reason why dons fans rate him so highly and looking at your stats won't clear that up.

And the bolded is pure bullshit. You can tell me that a player is s**t if he only has 6 touches, ignoring that those touches may all end up as goals.

You are exploring grade 3 level stats. I remember looking up ranking scores in the paper when i was young. It was really fun.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll email you a medal.

Amongst your stats have you looked at effectiveness? Matches won with/without him in the team?

there's a reason why dons fans rate him so highly and looking at your stats won't clear that up.

And the bolded is pure bulls**t. You can tell me that a player is s**t if he only has 6 touches, ignoring that those touches may all end up as goals.

You are exploring grade 3 level stats. I remember looking up ranking scores in the paper when i was young. It was really fun.

If you’re saying a forward is playing up the ground “quite a bit” then disposals and inside 50’s are entirely relevant statistics to look at.

I’ll ask you again, if he’s not getting the ball when he goes up the ground what is he doing?

I’m literally giving you the floor, here, present your argument.

DapperJong

Cancelled
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
If you’re saying a forward is playing up the ground “quite a bit” then disposals and inside 50’s are entirely relevant statistics to look at.

I’ll ask you again, if he’s not getting the ball when he goes up the ground what is he doing?

I’m literally giving you the floor, here, present your argument.

He is getting the ball. But You're under the impression he's attending 10 plus bounces or something. I literally just said you may have misinterpreted my "quite a bit" comment. So perhaps you need to adjust.

Have you looked at those other stats?

Or nah?

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He is getting the ball. But You're under the impression he's attending 10 plus bounces or something. I literally just said you may have misinterpreted my "quite a bit" comment. So perhaps you need to adjust.

Have you looked at those other stats?

Or nah?

What other stats?

Effectiveness ? That’s not a stat.

Games won/lost with him in the side isn’t a stat relevant to your claim.

Back