Traded Orazio Fantasia [traded with #73 to Port for #29 and 2021 R3]

Who won this trade?

• Essendon

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to name a deal Adrian has been involved with in the last five seasons that hasn't been done.

The FACT is that if he worked for your club, or anyone else's, you'd be jizzing in your jimmies because you'd know he'd do the best thing for your list and his employer.

At this moment, anyone who calls him 'hard to deal with' is simply perpetuating a Damian Barrett narrative.

That's just sad.

I would do Ollie Wines for Fantasia straight up. I know that with Port just making him captain and the player needing to agree to the trade etc that it would never happen, but if i was port I would be doing what i could to facilitate it.
Reckon that could be a good trade for both parties. Essendon need inside mids, Ollie and Fantasia get to go home. Port have too many inside mids.

I'm sure you'd be hard pressed to name a deal Adrian has been involved with in the last five seasons that hasn't been done.

Francis... reality wise all trades get done this day and age. its what you pay in the trade that hurts 🤷‍♂️

The last 3 seasons his highest tally was 39, followed by 20, and he's on track for less than 30 this season.

So a 30 goals a season small forward which puts him in such illustrious company as

Sam gray 28,21 and on track for approx 26 ish this year

Motlop has kicked 44 and 38 in his career

Aaron young kicked 37 for us in 2017

Kane Farrell has kicked 11 goals from 7 games 1.6 av playing as a defensive forward

Rozee has 18 goals (fantasia has 15) already this season

Fantasia is very very overrated because Taylor likes to say his name and dons supporters buy into it. What hes done in his career is nothing special. By the end of this season he would have kicked more than 30 goals once in his career. Once.

Probably worth similar to what we gave up for Cameron.

Except you paid up for Cameron based on crows relationship with David noble and draft picks value to Brisbane compared to players who want to be there are unusually reversed. You've had plenty of high picks and at the time few players wanting to be there. So the draft picks value was less than usual to you and Cameron's value higher.

The last 3 seasons his highest tally was 39, followed by 20, and he's on track for less than 30 this season.

So a 30 goals a season small forward which puts him in such illustrious company as

Kane Farrell has kicked 11 goals from 7 games 1.6 av playing as a defensive forward

Fantasia is very very overrated because Taylor likes to say his name and dons supporters buy into it. What hes done in his career is nothing special. By the end of this season he would have kicked more than 30 goals once in his career. Once.

How much have you watched of him though? We use him quite a bit as a midfielder which is quite effective. So using goal stats to value him is only one aspect.

Much of that is injury, and much of that seems to be mismanagement. It'd be interesting to see him at a club with a competent fitness program, as the one recent season he had a clean run at it in a non-VFL side he was good for two goals a game while still pushing up the ground.

Agree.
you guys should steer clear. Not worth the picks :D

what sort of two-bit organisation promotes shonky rumour as fact on it's own official platform?
The same organisation that accredits gutter-rats like Barrett

Fact is he's worth more to us than any other team. So important for our structure and suits our gameplan perfectly.

We'd put a price on his head for what he's worth to us, up to other teams to pay it if they want him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much have you watched of him though? We use him quite a bit as a midfielder which is quite effective. So using goal stats to value him is only one aspect.

A midfielder who has averaged less than 15 disposals a game in 2019. Are you trying to talk down his trade value??

A midfielder who has averaged less than 15 disposals a game in 2019. Are you trying to talk down his trade value??

No u

But did you just look up his stats?

What do you think of Cyril Rioli as a player?

a forward used through the middle is not going to dominate one stat area

His goals aren't going to be comparable to most small forwards who stay at home because Raz moves up the ground.
His possessions won't match other midfielders because he is forward a lot more than in the middle.

Think Gresham/Rayner type players.

You need to watch them instead of the stat sheets to know their true value.
Unfortunately, the last 12 months Raz has missed a few games through injury and illness (likely just one mismanaged injury knowing Essendon).
But the 2.5 years before that he was hitting the scoreboard solidly.

And he's only 23.

Probably worth similar to what we gave up for Cameron.
I was coming to post the same thing.

Fantasia is a good small forward who can run through/outside the midfield for small stints.

He’s not a damaging mid or top tier small forward, so definitely not worth a top 10 pick.

Mid to late first rounder sounds about right.

a forward used through the middle is not going to dominate one stat area

His goals aren't going to be comparable to most small forwards who stay at home because Raz moves up the ground.
His possessions won't match other midfielders because he is forward a lot more than in the middle.

Think Gresham/Rayner type players.

You need to watch them instead of the stat sheets to know their true value.
Unfortunately, the last 12 months Raz has missed a few games through injury and illness (likely just one mismanaged injury knowing Essendon).
But the 2.5 years before that he was hitting the scoreboard solidly.

And he's only 23.

You obviously haven’t watched Rayner this year. Except for the last two games Rayner has barely moved out of the forward 50.

Rayner really has had a poor second season up to mid season break.

You obviously haven’t watched Rayner this year. Except for the last two games Rayner has barely moved out of the forward 50.

Rayner really has had a poor second season up to mid season break.
admittedly i've been away for a good chunk of the season. So ive only seen the last two weeks, plus the first 5 rounds.

But in terms of type of player - they're forwards who can go on the ball. Billings was the same, but he's transitioned more into the middle now (a la Greene too). So not so comparable.

Ideal trade scenario for me is ******* around with Port for the whole trade period by asking for three first rounders and then finally trading him to Adelaide for a late second with 5 minutes to go. Win for everybody except Port.

If he’s going up the ground quite a bit that 13d and 1.9 inside 50 average and only going over 15d twice this season would be alarming.

I'd agree if we were only worried about stats.

Have you watched him play or nah

admittedly i've been away for a good chunk of the season. So ive only seen the last two weeks, plus the first 5 rounds.

But in terms of type of player - they're forwards who can go on the ball. Billings was the same, but he's transitioned more into the middle now (a la Greene too). So not so comparable.

Fantasia and Rayner are nothing alike.

Closest fit to Fantasia is Daniel Rioli, JMO

I was coming to post the same thing.

Fantasia is a good small forward who can run through/outside the midfield for small stints.

He’s not a damaging mid or top tier small forward, so definitely not worth a top 10 pick.

Mid to late first rounder sounds about right.

He's kicked 39.22 and 29.25 & 75 marks where he's played ~20 games. This as a 20 and 21yo
Missed the end of last season and that's carried into this season, so his stats are gonna be around the low 20s mark with less games

Outside of Breust at his best, i'd have him in top echelon of small forwards at his best
He was tracking to AA last year prior to injury.

Back