News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a rule for Raz, miss his first set shot using the around the corner kick, then he can't do anymore for the rest of game, unless he is on right on the boundary line. 2 he missed were straight forward kicks.

Good thing for Raz is that if we play a lot of games like we did on Sunday, he wont have to leave the forward lines more than a few times a game.

Should be a rule for Raz, miss his first set shot using the around the corner kick, then he can't do anymore for the rest of game, unless he is on right on the boundary line. 2 he missed were straight forward kicks.

Good thing for Raz is that if we play a lot of games like we did on Sunday, he wont have to leave the forward lines more than a few times a game.
I'd rather that was a rule he went with himself (if he keeps missing), instead of one put in place by the coaching staff now. The last couple of years we finally turned a corner with the whole "let the players play on instinct" argument and it has worked wonders, lets not go backwards

I'd rather that was a rule he went with himself (if he keeps missing), instead of one put in place by the coaching staff now. The last couple of years we finally turned a corner with the whole "let the players play on instinct" argument and it has worked wonders, lets not go backwards
Players do dumb things and can't help themselves. They should be smart enough to work it out for themselves, but many can't. Team rules are there for a good reason.

No problem with using around the corner kicks if it actually helps but it didn't. Outside of Stevie J, I'm not sure it truly works for anybody.

Fantasia has kicked 111 goals 77 points.
That’s what we’ve got about 69% of shots going where they should. He’s played about 80 games he’s pretty well set in his ways and that’s a good ratio. Would not be telling him to do anything outside of basic team rules that’s any different to what he’s always done. For every shot that looks dumb something else will look miraculous 69% conversion is outstanding for mine.

The margin for error is greater with that kick especially when it's a day for using the wind to bring the ball back, you just have more control with a drop punt but I'm sure he'll kick umpteen goals with the around the corner setup & I'll eat my words.. he did really hoof those two he'll probably never kick another that badly again.

The margin for error is greater with that kick especially when it's a day for using the wind to bring the ball back, you just have more control with a drop punt but I'm sure he'll kick umpteen goals with the around the corner setup & I'll eat my words.. he did really hoof those two he'll probably never kick another that badly again.

Hope not. You'll never get less pressure than playing the worst ever Crows side at Hickinboffam Park.

This was his first hitout against an actual opposing side (as sh*t as they were) in how long? At a shitty, windy, suburban paddock? Maybe he'll settle a little and nail them once the real stuff begins.
I mean if you go through the replay with an ultra critical eye there's rusty play everywhere unsurprisingly at this time of year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back