Order the Round 5 games as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
NOT including your own team.

1. Port Adelaide Vs Geelong - Port had their first loss today. Will they respond OR will the Cats get a win away from Geelong?

2. Sydney Vs Adelaide - Swans lost at home to the Power. Will the Crows be able to get back on the winners list and win one away? Friday night should be good.

3. Fremantle Vs Bulldogs - My team lost to both of these two in consecutive weeks and both are now coming off losses. Are the Dogs on the improve AND/OR are the Dockers a sneaky chance for the 8?

4. North Melbourne Vs Hawthorn - Can't believe this one is actually 4th overall. With Hawks having had a tough game in the wet and copped some injuries are the Roos a chance to win at Docklands?

5. Melbourne Vs Richmond - One of the Demon's blockbuster match ups. Will want to improve greatly on today's effort. It'll be interesting if it is close or another blowout in Richmond's favour.

6. Brisbane Vs Gold Coast - Lions had a shocker and the Suns have been in WA for two weeks. Both teams will be pumped for a win here in front of their QLD fans. Lions must be due for a win.

7. Carlton Vs West Coast - I'd imagine very one sided, but, it is West Coast at the MCG. Will Carlton take it up to them? I can't imagine it.

8. St Kilda Vs GWS - Not going to be pretty here. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Port v Geelong - Geelong will not want to fall behind 500 again
Sydney v Adelaide - Adelaide will not want to fall behind 500 again
North v Hawthorn - Can North take it up to them to move to a surprisingly 3-2?
Collingwood v Essendon - no idea who will win
Melbourne v Richmond - Can Melbourne rebound from a pathetic game this week to take it up to them?
St Kilda v GWS - St Kilda really need to win a game - they beat GWS in this game in 2017
Fremantle v Bulldogs - meh
Brisbane v GC - meh

Naturally, the most even-sided match-ups tend to be most interesting, and I'd say for mine the Anzac Day clash is the most intriguing of the bunch, followed by Power vs Cats, North vs Hawthorn, Dogs vs Freo...I didn't realise the Carlton match-up was at the MCG not Etihad. We tend to play better at Etihad than the MCG, but the MCG isn't Carlton's typical home turf either, so in some ways, their home ground advantage won't be AS great either. I still think we'll get up, but I never feel fully confident when we play in Melbourne. I do see a few upsets brewing, and think the Roos and Dogs might take the points.

Port vs Geelong - Not sure if these two are contenders or pretenders. Port will need to respond after their first loss and Geelong need a win to stay in touch with the top teams.
Sydney vs Adelaide - Crows will want a better outing this week against a big test in the Swans.
Melbourne vs Richmond - Are the Dees serious about this year? This game will tell us a lot.
North vs Hawthorn - Who would’ve predicted North to be in the 8 after four rounds? Hawks doing well but with have lost a couple to injuries and this will certainly be no walk in the park for them.
Fremantle vs Bulldogs - Are the Dogs back? Are Freo a chance for the 8? We’re not sure yet but this should be an interesting game
Brisbane vs GC - Both teams have come off thumpings but seem to be on the up.
St Kilda vs GWS - St Kilda have been awful this season and will need something special to topple GWS.
Carlton vs West Coast - West Coast have proved their doubters wrong and should get the job done here.

It's only early in season but Important clashes this week...

Essendon v Collingwood... how do you pick this. The winner is right in the hunt.

Melbourne v Richmond... huge game for the MFC. But feel like the Tiges will win easy.

Geelong v Port... Huge for geelong if they win... back in top 4 contention

freo v bulldogs... the loser is close to fkd

other games meehhh

I quite like this weeks clashes.

=1 Sydney v Adelaide
How can the crows respond? Looked awesome v Richmond and horrendous v Collingwood. They are meant to be a top 2-4 side, this will tell us plenty.

=1 Melbourne v Richmond
HUGE night, big crowd, big ratings, big game which should be feisty. The Dees must show character, there is no bigger stage for them outside finals. An inept performance here would be disastrous, however I think these sides will put on a good show.

=1 Collingwood vs Essendon
Fans will be up and about after victories in round 4. Can’t pick the winner, should be real close with the winner imo heading towards a likely finals berth. An ‘8’ point game even at this early stage of the season.
Would like to see Collingwood with Wells and Elliott in the team at some point this year.

4) North vs Hawthorn
I’m not surprised to see north up and about early in the season, it’s later on that worries me.
Just how good are the hawks? I wasn’t a believer but that Dees game was super. Hawks won’t want to treat North lightly., the winner here sets their team up nicely compared to what pre season predictions were.

5) Fremantle v Bulldogs
Dogs form seems to be back but if they go 1-4 life is tough. Freo look improved and I’ll be convinced they aren’t a bottom 4-6 team with a solid outing here.

6) Brisbane v Gold Coast
Suns looked good early in the year, can they get some form back closer to home? How will the lions respond? Long season for the loser here.

7) Carlton v WCE
How will WCE go at the G? Can the blues show any ticker? Could be an upset, real test of character.

8) Saints v Giants
Saints are beyond hopeless st the moment. Winning this or even being competitive would shock me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back