Order the Round 9 Games as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

brad

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
NOT including your own team.

1. West Coast Vs Richmond - Tigers came close to losing today. Eagles with Nic Nat back will want a big scalp at home.

2. North Melbourne Vs Giants - North could be looking to take the Giant's spot in the 8 if they win here in Tassie.

3. St Kilda Vs Collingwood - Saints are due for a win. Big Saturday night blockbuster at Etihad.

4. Sydney Vs Fremantle - Swans must win one at home this time around. Dockers haven't done so well away, can they????

5. Carlton Vs Melbourne - Blues coming off a HUGE win yesterday has set them up for a tilt at 16-17th. Can they compete with the inform Demons?

6. Adelaide Vs Western Bulldogs - Big game for the Dogs who are going for 4 straight wins. Are they back in to their Premiership form from a couple years ago?

7. Brisbane Vs Hawthorn - Hodge up against his former side. Big grudge match here. Sunday blockbuster at the Gabba.

8. Gold Coast Vs Port Adelaide - Points up for grabs overseas. Good strong contest guaranteed between two powerhouses of the competition.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
only one good game and that's the last of the round between the two best sides in the comp.

Potentially Roos vs GWS but so far this season GWS have did nothing to prove they are a good team or that they play good football.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Even forgetting my team are playing, West Coast and Richmond at home is probably the biggest match of the season so far. If we can beat them, it shows we can beat the best, albeit at home. If they beat us by more than a few goals, I think they're going to seem invincible at home, and it will sap our confidence. I think few would argue the Tiges are the best in the comp atm, but if we find a way to win who knows?

But other than that only the Roos Giants match is genuinely intriguing. One team performing better than expected, another worse than expected, and ravaged by injury. I don't see the Roos being real September contenders, but a win will help them going forward.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
If they want to promote our game in China they should've picked two better teams.
The problem is no team wants to forfeit a home game there.

It would only work with a good team if they play it preseason or post season, unless the AFL forced a club that is always asking for money to break even to play a home game there.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
... you can't be serious.
Bulldogs probably had easiest draw in the league so far.

Played GC, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, WC and Sydney.

Only beaten bottom 5 teams (haven't played St Kilda yet)

MCG-Unit

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2003
Gore
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Geelong West, Townsville
WC Eagles v Richmond

Gold Coast v Port Power, Meghan Markle & Harry
North Melb v GWS Giants, Swans v Dockers.
Essendon v Geelong, Brisbane Lions v Hawthorn.
Adelaide v W Bulldogs, Carlton v Melbourne

Last edited:

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bulldogs probably had easiest draw in the league so far.

Played GC, Brisbane, Carlton, Essendon, Fremantle, GWS, WC and Sydney.

Only beaten bottom 5 teams (haven't played St Kilda yet)
exactly, we have an age profile of a TAC cup side at the moment, being back to premiership form can only be a piss take.

NoTomato

Draftee
May 13, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1. West Coast v Richmond - Eagles at home can see this game going either way

2. North Melbourne v GWS - North have been a surprise this year, while GWS have been underwhelming. Think GWS will get the win, but being in Tasmania wouldn't surprise me to see North get up.

3. Brisbane v Hawthorn - Think this one will be closer than what people are expecting. Lions have been solid at home this year, and are due for a win at some stage. Also have the Hodge factor.

4. Sydney v Freo - Sydney should win this one despite having won only 1/4 at home this year.

5. St Kilda V Collingwood - Pies should win this one.

6. Essendon V Geelong - Won't be a blowout, but won't be a close game either. Geelong to cruise along with a 20-30 point win

7. Adelaide V Western Bulldogs - Adelaide should win comfortably by 40+

8. Carlton V Melbourne - Neither team interest me. Melbourne should win but could easily be one of those games they drop.

ozaddy

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If they want to promote our game in China they should've picked two better teams.
Yes port should have done all the ground work over years and then picked two other teams to play. Port deserves the right to the China game the same way Essendon and Collingwood deserve Anzac day game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
The Poort and Gold Coast game really doesn't interest me. Crows and Dogs on Friday isn't very exciting. Hopefully the Tigers and West Coast game is good. Imy actually looking forward to the Lions Hawks game
Exactly. Well imagine if Norf got a hold of the China game Personally Tigers Pies would've been good. Or ship one of our luxury games like Geelong and Hawthorn
Take your pathetic bay 13 s**t elsewhere.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
5. Carlton Vs Melbourne - Blues coming off a HUGE win yesterday has set them up for a tilt at 16-17th. Can they compete with the inform Demons?
Rollseyes

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Take your pathetic bay 13 s**t elsewhere.
I have no problem if Port want to play a game in China.
I've tried to look at it from all perspectives and I honestly don't get why. It seems to me the argument for international games fundamentally lacks justification, and is kind of just because we can.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I have no problem if Port want to play a game in China.
I've tried to look at it from all perspectives and I honestly don't get why. It seems to me the argument for international games fundamentally lacks justification, and is kind of just because we can.
Because the moment Kochie took over he's been clear we need to look outside Alberton. And given he and Keith Thomas turned around a club at its lowest point to be financially well off now, I'd say there's something to suggest it's a good idea :)

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If you had a look at my areas I've only ever posted in Bay 13 ince. No need to get so hurt over a comment. If the China game works then good but it definitely wasn't a dig

Plugger46 said:
Exactly. Well imagine if Norf got a hold of the China game Personally Tigers Pies would've been good. Or ship one of our luxury games like Geelong and Hawthorn.

Then what was it?

Plugger46

Club Legend
May 25, 2014
North Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide, Melbourne Stars
Plugger46 said:
Exactly. Well imagine if Norf got a hold of the China game Personally Tigers Pies would've been good. Or ship one of our luxury games like Geelong and Hawthorn.

Then what was it?
Oh yeah that was my apologies
Thought him being a Power supporter he was making reference to saying i don't think Port Gc was good. I'll take a better approach next time

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you had a look at my areas I've only ever posted in Bay 13 ince. No need to get so hurt over a comment. If the China game works then good but it definitely wasn't a dig
upload_2018-5-14_13-53-44.jpeg

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
It's spelt Port.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
North / GWS - loss puts one of them behind the eight ball
Carlton / Melbourne - are the Demons coming of age or will they stumble
St.Kilda / Collingwood - chance for the Pies to put away a struggler
Adelaide / Bulldogs - should be entertaining to watch, even if the Crows are expected to win handily
Essendon / Geelong - do the Bombers have any pride left?
Sydney / Fremantle - Sydney too strong
Brisbane / Hawthorn - Hawks too strong
Gold Coast / Port - didn't watch last year and might not bother again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back