Business & Finance ordering/importing goods from overseas -- customs duty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh RolleyEyes

Team Captain
Oct 25, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Surly Griffins
i want to order some powertools from overseas cos it's considerably cheaper than getting them here.

does anyone know how much i can buy in one hit before it attracts some kind of duty/tax? (all different tools for my use -- not looking to buy multiples of the same item and resell them or anything).

i want to order some powertools from overseas cos it's considerably cheaper than getting them here.

does anyone know how much i can buy in one hit before it attracts some kind of duty/tax? (all different tools for my use -- not looking to buy multiples of the same item and resell them or anything).
Make sure the power is compatible.

Mate bought some reconditioned returned cordless stuff still under warranty from the US .
About 25% of the Australian Price.
No Duty
He bought 3 or 4 things

So i sent an email to customs thisarvo hoping to hear back from them next week sometime -- and a couple of hours later........

"
Dear ........
Thank you for your email.
In response, you can import up to A$1000 without attracting duty or GST. If you exceed this amount you will be required to pay taxes on the entire shipment."

impressive response time and good to have it sorted

Mate bought some reconditioned returned cordless stuff still under warranty from the US .
About 25% of the Australian Price.
No Duty
He bought 3 or 4 things

What site was that? I'm looking at Tool King which a glazier told me about. Unbelievable price differences.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back