Preview Organic Growth 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I strongly believe that voids get filled. We'll be okay.

What matters to me most is that we're more interesting to support and watch, which I reckon so far we've ticked all the boxes for in terms of coaches and players bought in.

What matters to me most is that we're more interesting to support and watch, which I reckon so far we've ticked all the boxes for in terms of coaches and players bought in.
Yep even at the start of the year when we were winning we were terrible to watch and kept finding ways to lose against the same teams in West coast, Essendon, Geelong and almost the crows. Show that we have learnt something in the coaching area by beating these teams and develop a game plan that doesn't rely on manic repeated kick and hope to move forward and we will be a lot better

"We watch your vision, and we watch what you do and what you bring...the run, take the game on. I like the game played fast." - Ken Hinkley to Xavier Duursma

I reckon all three first round draftees will play R1 for this reason. Rozee to replace Wingard, Butters to replace Polec and Duursma to take a spot on the bench as midfield support. These three will give us that point of difference to the rest of the team which is slower and more suited to the grind of July/August...which is when we normally burn out due to fatigue.

I half agree with this.

I definitely agree that we have a worse list on paper next year. However we've all spent the whole year grumbling about our issues are more with coaching than personnel. So if the coaching improves, maybe the personnel is still good enough?
Yep, I feel the same.

We've still got a list that could win a flag in the current era with no real standout teams.

If we acknowledge the gameplan errors we made last year and correct them, with a bit of new energy in the assistant coaching, we're every chance to have enough go right to win a flag.

Losing Wingard means we'll have to do that with one less clutch matchwinner, but we're still a chance.

I'm more optimistic about next year now than I was a month ago. I think we've brought in genuine quality and addressed areas of weakness across the squad. We'll be a better kicking team and if our coaches have the courage to play 2 or 3 of the draftees regularly we'll be quicker. With the obvious exception of Chad the ins are better than the outs (for me Polec was still too flakey when it really mattered and I think he's the most one sided player i've ever seen - Sam Mayes could even end up being a better player for us)

I'm hoping the changes in the coaches box are where the real improvement will come from though but we'll have to wait and see. I also really want to see Ebert, S Gray, Rockliff, Watts used as depth only not first choice

I'm more optimistic about next year now than I was a month ago. I think we've brought in genuine quality and addressed areas of weakness across the squad. We'll be a better kicking team and if our coaches have the courage to play 2 or 3 of the draftees regularly we'll be quicker. With the obvious exception of Chad the ins are better than the outs (for me Polec was still too flakey when it really mattered and I think he's the most one sided player i've ever seen - Sam Mayes could even end up being a better player for us)

I'm hoping the changes in the coaches box are where the real improvement will come from though but we'll have to wait and see. I also really want to see Ebert, S Gray, Rockliff, Watts used as depth only not first choice
Agree. Coaching box needs transformation and not gold passing senior players through inconsistent form. I'm ok watching us drop games to get games into young talent. And ok seeing opposition score goals if we are playing a good brand of football.

We need organic growth to fill the vacant position of Inside Mid.

Last year we had an Inside Mid roster of Wines, Powell-Pepper, Rockliff, Ebert, Wingard with help from Boak and R.Gray.

With Wingard gone, that leaves a hole.

The "growth" needs to come from one of Atley, Trengove, Drew, S.Gray, Burton, Mayes or Hartlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back