Preview Organic Growth 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield will be good I reckon, mainly because a fresh pair of eyes and much better coach in Schofield will shake it up. We have the tools there, just need to be used properly.

Robbie to go back up a notch with an uninterrupted preseason. Will take back the Wingard role that he gave up in 2017.

Boak to have a renaissance back in the guts.

Ollie to correct his trajectory back to where he was heading 2015 now that he doesn't have a bull-obsessed madman whispering in his ear.

SPP to break out properly, 3rd year time to shine.

Burton unleashed as an outside mid. Mots on the other wing.

Rockliff to give us something.

Ebert when used correctly can still be very useful, runs all day. Sam Gray to be used in his correct role which is midfield depth. Couple of young fellas in Atley, Drew will be aching for a chance. And of course whoever we draft.

Carn everyone, be a little more up beat.

Post thing things that give you optimism for 2019.
  • Todd Marshall getting an uninterrupted go.
  • Kane Farrell continuing his good start.
  • Tom Rockliff showing us what he is capable of.
  • Ollie Wines going to the next level with captaincy.
  • Schofield and Monty providing strong alternate opinions in the coaches box.
Hinkley getting sacked.

While I guess there is a chance that Burton could play as well as Chad and Mayes could play as well as Polec, the chances are we have lost quality from our first 22 next year.

If we are to have a better year in 2019 we need players currently on the list to fill in the gap left by these 2 and Hombsch and Pittard (and of course to get something put of our first rounders)

Where do you see the improvement potentially coming from in 2019?

Hartlett coming back will obviously be a massive plus.

Outside of that I see big improvements from Bonner, Farrell, Atley , Marshall and Drew to being crucial for our chances of success in 2019. If 3 or 4 of these could really come on it would make a massive difference.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I see us gelling well as a team next year.

I think young Jake Neade has a lot of potential. Just needs to be given a bit more of a chance at AFL level.

tenor.gif

Our midfield was massively down in 2018 compared to 2017 for a variety of reasons (Voss?), if we can get Ebert and Rockliff to have years slightly better than their career average we should be ok in the guts.

Also playing 2 rucks should mean our key position players should return to somewhat normal form (Dixon and Howard), which should help.

Younger players like Farrell and Marshall will hopefully come along up forward as well and the defensive unit will benefit from another pre-season together.

Still not convinced those things above happening will result in anything other than a standard Hinkley mid-table log jam finish.

My enthusiasm for the 2019 season is returning. I would like to see

How we line up with Lycett in the team
How we play Burton
The changes Schofield and Montgomery bring to the table
Where any new draftees will fit in
If Farrell can keep improving
Whether Atley, Drew, Patmore and Garner can push their way up the order
The return of Sam Hayes

Come on, let's get started already!

Predicted first thoughts 2019 side

F: R Gray, Dixon, Ryder

HF: Boak, Marshall, Motlop

C: Westhoff, Wines, Burton

HB: Hartlett, Howard, Houston

B: Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Jonas

R: Lycett, Powell-Pepper, Rockliff

Int: Ebert, Lienert, Farrell, pick 5

Can't find spots for Bonner, Watts, Mayes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Lienert & Farrell playing more games and continuing what they started at the end of 2018
- Marshall staying fit
- Backline continuing to get the job done
- Hartlett returning
- Jonas as skipper
- Ryder to stay fit while playing predominately up forward
- Lycett to make us a better ruck team
- The addition of Ryan Burton
- Less of S. Gray, Neade and Amon
- Schofield and Montgomery having a positive influence in the coaches box
Ryder up forward is going to be the key. He is very good in the air. A great contested mark. Look forward to actually implementing the Lobbe in ruck but with Lycette and Ryder up forward marking and kicking goals

I think we spend a lot of energy trying to do the running game. Super fit but conserving energy with longer passes will be the game style change. We just need to win the contested ball more and use our talks as better links in the chain.

SPP back to his explosive best
Atley and Drew taking the next step and playing AFL games.
Marshall getting a full year of games.
R.Gray to get an uninterrupted preseason and dominate again.
AJ getting his body right and owning a forward pocket
Patmore / Garner getting their fitness and form up to play a couple of AFL games.
Farrell to continue to improve and help our goal scoring ability
Dixon to be the forward behemoth finally (no rucking) and everything click (it will happen +60 goals)
Burton. Becoming a Chad Cornes type player. In particular as a mid.
Bonner for Wing playing with confidence again
Motlop becoming the dangerous goalkicking forward we need him to be.

All this without the new draftees.

My enthusiasm for the 2019 season is returning. I would like to see

How we line up with Lycett in the team
How we play Burton
The changes Schofield and Montgomery bring to the table
Where any new draftees will fit in
If Farrell can keep improving
Whether Atley, Drew, Patmore and Garner can push their way up the order
The return of Sam Hayes

Come on, let's get started already!

Predicted first thoughts 2019 side

F: R Gray, Dixon, Ryder

HF: Boak, Marshall, Motlop

C: Westhoff, Wines, Burton

HB: Hartlett, Howard, Houston

B: Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Jonas

R: Lycett, Powell-Pepper, Rockliff

Int: Ebert, Lienert, Farrell, pick 5

Can't find spots for Bonner, Watts, Mayes
:D .. pick 5 ... the mystery player ... who could it be ..:D

I guess I have to look forward to the possibility that every player we have on board now is pulling in the same direction. We may have lost some "x-factor" but hopefully we can get past that by playing a more cohesive system that doesn't rely so much on individual brilliance.
We should also have three quality players coming out way in the ND.
Hopefully, they've all got some individual brilliance...

Bump.

Yes, we all want Ken gone which at this stage is impossible. However, I don't think the club could possibly have done more this off-season to turn things around.

Shook up the senior list with player trades, drafted 5 new kids in the ND as well as what is to come in the RD, shook up the coaching staff and hopefully a change of game plan to go with that, PB campaign up-and-running.

I'm optimistic for 2019.

We'll be worse next year. The off-season has not improved us. We lost 3 of our top 5 meters gained. Our 2 best line breakers, and our most individually talented player.

We replaced them with some kids who could be alright, a player like Burton who was surplus to needs and some ruck depth inside the 22 (of which playing 2 rucks may actually make us weaker in other areas)

It's easy to get caught up in the whole post draft hype, but a realistic view is that our best 22 is weaker today than it was last year. It hasn't solved our issue with speed on the inside, and whether the drafted kids can have an immediate impact on the outside is yet to be seen.

The one positive of the whole period is our depth whilst again weak, does look like it has been well balanced at the draft.

Our biggest issue now for next year remains the midfield. Really we need someone like SPP or Atley to just burst out and have a huge year. Atley has that speed inside and that breakaway speed and strength we need and is a better option than Rockliff. SPP needs to start being consistent, and do bring his best against the best. He goes missing against good midfields far too often. If one of them can fire, and we can find a kid to step up on the outside then we may just break even.

We'll be worse next year. The off-season has not improved us. We lost 3 of our top 5 meters gained. Our 2 best line breakers, and our most individually talented player.

We replaced them with some kids who could be alright, a player like Burton who was surplus to needs and some ruck depth inside the 22 (of which playing 2 rucks may actually make us weaker in other areas)

It's easy to get caught up in the whole post draft hype, but a realistic view is that our best 22 is weaker today than it was last year. It hasn't solved our issue with speed on the inside, and whether the drafted kids can have an immediate impact on the outside is yet to be seen.

The one positive of the whole period is our depth whilst again weak, does look like it has been well balanced at the draft.

Our biggest issue now for next year remains the midfield. Really we need someone like SPP or Atley to just burst out and have a huge year. Atley has that speed inside and that breakaway speed and strength we need and is a better option than Rockliff. SPP needs to start being consistent, and do bring his best against the best. He goes missing against good midfields far too often. If one of them can fire, and we can find a kid to step up on the outside then we may just break even.

I half agree with this.

I definitely agree that we have a worse list on paper next year. However we've all spent the whole year grumbling about our issues are more with coaching than personnel. So if the coaching improves, maybe the personnel is still good enough?

Still need a high quality, classy player. If we can develop the kids, trade in rankine in a few years and bring in a proper solid key forward to take over charlies role, we will have the structure for another shot at the flag in 5 years.

But until then, im not overly hopeful of even making finals.

But if we look at WCE last year, most people had them finishing low. The youth really came forward and brought them a flag. so there is hope.... little bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back