XBX1 Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the definitive version of blind forest at the start ot the year, one of the only real games use to music and beautiful visuals to somehow make me want to cry on top of being a good platformer.

Take your time, paticularly if its going to be bigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame it isn't coming out this year. With a lack of real GOTY candidates, this could have been a sneaky chance to win a lot of acclaim.

Something like that including a rage quit lol
The problem is that to clear the end sections you need heaps of practice, but because you keep dying in the start/middle sections (because it's still difficult) you barely reach those sections! :drunk: You basically need to bloody well master the start/beginning sections.

The only 'positive' thing is that you don't need to 'master' the end bits- you just need to complete it the once.

Definitely excited for this but will probably wait until after Doom and RE3 to pick it up. One week won't be enough time to spend with this game.

The problem is that to clear the end sections you need heaps of practice, but because you keep dying in the start/middle sections (because it's still difficult) you barely reach those sections! :drunk: You basically need to bloody well master the start/beginning sections.

The only 'positive' thing is that you don't need to 'master' the end bits- you just need to complete it the once.
Except when you complete the very last part of the game after 30 minutes of trying and the game then freezes and resets. I turn it off and tried again a week later. Took me longer the 2nd time and almost gave up and watched the ending on you tube.

For a start, the soul link save system has been completely removed, replaced simply with auto-saves. That may worry some that the game, and in particular its difficulty, has been dumbed down but we saw no evidence of that in anything we played, in terms of the combat, puzzles, or platforming.

3x the map size, side quests confirmed too.

I probably should do a replay of the original about now
Finished it yesterday and damn that was a fun game. Except the water rising in the tree level that thing was so frustratingly difficult. I somewhere missed a soul cell somewhere though. Close to 100% completion.

Can't wait for the new one this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back