Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

The next 4 hopefully more games will determine the market value of vucevic. Too many more games like the last two and it won't matter that he was an all star.
However Ross just keeps on providing scoring off the bench.

The next 4 hopefully more games will determine the market value of vucevic. Too many more games like the last two and it won't matter that he was an all star.
However Ross just keeps on providing scoring off the bench.
I've loved Vuc's progression this season and he was a deserving All-Star but this series is showing that he is very limited on defence, as he always has been and when you take away his two major offensive tools (pick-n-rolls and mid-range jumpers) he has nothing else. His post game isn't great, he relies too heavily on contested floaters and he is too slow to beat his man on offense.

I do agree that Ross has gone next level and we should really try to re-sign him. Hopefully a contract around the $15m per season mark with a team friendly option in the 4th year.

If we can get Mozgov and Bamba both fit and healthy for next season Vuc might become superfluous to our needs. Right now he is a much better player than both these guys but the money he'll demand might not be worth it. Use Mozgov and Birch to absorb the difficult minutes (ie. the first 5-7 minutes of each half) and let Bamba go out there and learn his trade the rest of the time. Vuc is a big reason we're currently in the playoffs but he has reached his absoloute peak and I can't see us being a contender while relying on him.

I've loved Vuc's progression this season and he was a deserving All-Star but this series is showing that he is very limited on defence, as he always has been and when you take away his two major offensive tools (pick-n-rolls and mid-range jumpers) he has nothing else. His post game isn't great, he relies too heavily on contested floaters and he is too slow to beat his man on offense.

I do agree that Ross has gone next level and we should really try to re-sign him. Hopefully a contract around the $15m per season mark with a team friendly option in the 4th year.

If we can get Mozgov and Bamba both fit and healthy for next season Vuc might become superfluous to our needs. Right now he is a much better player than both these guys but the money he'll demand might not be worth it. Use Mozgov and Birch to absorb the difficult minutes (ie. the first 5-7 minutes of each half) and let Bamba go out there and learn his trade the rest of the time. Vuc is a big reason we're currently in the playoffs but he has reached his absoloute peak and I can't see us being a contender while relying on him.

Wholeheartedly agree on everything you've said. Bamba is our future, if he can become our Gobert type then we'll be a better team.

Vuce will likely get $20-25million per year over 4 years. Question is do we want to lock ourselves into that deal if we are planning on Bamba being the future. It won’t be an easily tradable contract in the future if that’s what people think we can just do.

Should do the same thing we did with Gordon, if possible - descending contact.

As Bamba gets better, Vuc gets more tradable.
While a descending contract is good for the team, not sure Vucevic would want to sign a contract that could get him traded anywhere.

Should do the same thing we did with Gordon, if possible - descending contact.

As Bamba gets better, Vuc gets more tradable.

AG is proving how much of bargain his contract is, surely be close to All NBA defensive team of the year.. absolutely all over Leonard, really dominating him defensively.

Vuc is turning it over so much, frustrating to watch.. we are better off without him on the floor against big front courts like the Rapts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man Toronto really defends well, even in our win we only shot 40%. 33% tonight and similar in game 2.

We had a lot of open shots that we couldn’t hit in game 3.

Also our defending was abhorrent. So many of Toronto’s shots went up without so much as a hand being raised by an Orlando player.

Really JI is the perfect match up for Siakim, long and athletic and an elite shot contester.. it’s simply that Siakim is 25 and moving into his peak and has learned some nifty low post moves that you only gain with experience, I think JI will defend him better tomorrow but this Rapts team is very bloody good and I expect them to take us.

Don’t be fooled by Vucs game yesterday, the only time he got going was when Gasol went off and we then ran every play for him for 7-8 mins. One thing I am sick off is Fournier being our get out with the shot clock running down, would much prefer it to go to AG even Leonard guarding him.

Been a great season boys and if Fultz can get his shoulder 100% then we could have the shot creator we’ve been desperate for.

Vuc doing everything possible to reduce his worth in Free Agency, meanwhile AG showing everyone he'll be an All Star next year

I still suspect we will be letting Vucevic walk.

If bigs like Ayton, Jackson Jr and Bagley can make such a big impact in their first year we should at least be expecting Bamba to be serviceable in his second.

The offensive load can be handed to guys like Gordon, Isaac and Ross off the bench.

Just can’t afford to go through 4-6min patches pretty much without scoring.

That’s got to be corrected. It’s a mental issue where they lose the plot a little after a few mistakes and start taking crap shots and wrong passing options instead of keeping calm and working through their offensive plans.

If you told me we'd finish 7th seed and win an away game in the playoffs off the back of DJ at the start of this season I would have laughed so hard I'd have spewed.

Clifford has that big dick energy and he's made us a decent team despite no real personnel changes. Moving on from Vuc and hopefully Fournier plus further development from our young core should hopefully set us up for the future. I'm pretty happy with the team right now. Things look good.

I hope we let vucevic walk or sign him to 16 mil, I would also like to see Ross signed for around 12mil, hopefully we can find a way to move Fourier.

Vuc has once again showed why he has no ability to lead a team, both he and Fournier should be moved on. Hopefully Fultz can get healthy and we have a legit high level all star talent to run the show, pairing Fultz with AG/Mo/Ji and whoever fills the 3 is looking damn young but so talented.

AG turning himself into a more athletic and better scoring/shooting Draymond Green, his defensive work is unbelievably good, he rarely bites on fakes and moves his feet exceptionally well for a 6ft9 225p PF. He has all defensive player written all over him.

Great season, better than I thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back