Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
So we keep vuc and Ross, then sign aminu
Not sure I understand what the front office is trying to achieve, must have a lot of faith in fultz

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
C1B62DEC-549B-4DAA-9602-14FCE05C5E19.jpeg

First view of Fultzs shooting mechanics.. it’s very brief but looks totally in synch and normal to me! Thoughts?

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I felt better after the draft and free agency, because we didn't even look for a pg besides MCW.
Makesme feel that they no fultz will be ok

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I felt better after the draft and free agency, because we didn't even look for a pg besides MCW.
Makesme feel that they no fultz will be ok

This is either going to be the greatest trade steal in history of the NBA or just another stock standard magic flop...
Fultz 100% healthy is Westbrook V2, that’s the level of talent we have, god please give us hope!

Provider Fultz is 100% healthy we could improve on our 7th seed.

Fultz
Fournier
Isaac
Gordon
Vucevic

Augustine
Bamba
Ross
Iwandu
Carter-Williams
Birch

That’s a deep squad.

Would much prefer to trade Fournier, I am over him, same with Vuc, if the right deal came I would like to move him but this team has gotten better with stability so early season will tell us a lot.

Imagine if Fultz comes out and puts up 20-6-6 in his first season, I’d cream 🤗

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
This is either going to be the greatest trade steal in history of the NBA or just another stock standard magic flop...
Fultz 100% healthy is Westbrook V2, that’s the level of talent we have, god please give us hope!

Provider Fultz is 100% healthy we could improve on our 7th seed.

Fultz
Fournier
Isaac
Gordon
Vucevic

Augustine
Bamba
Ross
Iwandu
Carter-Williams
Birch

That’s a deep squad.

Would much prefer to trade Fournier, I am over him, same with Vuc, if the right deal came I would like to move him but this team has gotten better with stability so early season will tell us a lot.

Imagine if Fultz comes out and puts up 20-6-6 in his first season, I’d cream 🤗
I say we only trade Vuc from here if we look like we're declining or have gone backwards and he's still playing well. Touch wood just the latter happens.

More likely we trade Bamba than Vuce.

Bamba and Mozgov’s expiring contract at the deadline, $22million in total for a point guard to push us into the playoffs when Fultz isn’t working out.

Last edited:

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I'd be disappointed if we didn't give Bamba his full rookie contact to develop, considering in his final year (4th) vucevic will be expiring and we'd have no centre on the roster.
Bamba would be 24 with his best 4yrs ahead of him

I'd be disappointed if we didn't give Bamba his full rookie contact to develop, considering in his final year (4th) vucevic will be expiring and we'd have no centre on the roster.
Bamba would be 24 with his best 4yrs ahead of him
Agree, I was looking forward to a future of Bamba, Issac and Fultz leading the way.

But retaining Vucevic and Ross for 4 years each, we are aiming for playoffs the next 4 seasons. If Fultz doesn’t step up getting a ready made Point guard would be top priority.

Vucevic and Birch to play centre leaves Bamba expandable. But just realised we have waived Mozgov and his contract will be payed out over the next 3 seasons at $5.7million which means we can’t trade him as an expiring contract at the deadline.

Picking up Aminu and drafting Okeke would allow us to trade Gordon if we wanted to fix up the backcourt.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We need to absolutely develop Mo, already you can see how much stronger he is... He is a guy who has a ceiling that is as good as any young big man in the league and the fact he can protect the rim already makes him a far more lucrative asset than Vuc. I would hazard a guess, early on Clifford will give Bamba 20 mins a night and have Vuc move fro 5-4 at certain times, he can then get a handle on whether Mo is ready to hold down the 5. Mo will not be accepting a bench role if his productivity is high, and with Birch as a very solid back up then all of a sudden Vuc becomes expandable. Flipside is Vuc continues to improve and Mo is none the better, that being the case then we trade Mo whilst he has high currency, (talented and raw big man, lottery pick), holding onto Mo has no positive for us as he becomes a depreciating asset on the bench.

If Fultz has his jumper back then its close the gates time, from that picture I put he looked fine, but we won't know until pre-season games and/or more video is released on socials.

AG stays unless JI keeps improving his 3pt shot, could mean JI becomes the prototype stretch 4 who is an athletic beast, so much upside with JI.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
You're kidding me we waived Mozgov. Just hampered ourselves for 3 yrs.
This front office promised no quick fixes, they said they'd build it properly.
This seems very quick fix happy to be 6th seed sorta stuff.
Maybe I'm over reacting.

Trade rumor.

Gordon, Fultz and Augustine for Russell Westbrook.

Not sure I’d be happy with that. Rus would work well with Vuce and make us one of the top teams in the East, but 2 years on his contract he can just leave after that, then we are back to rebuilding.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Trade rumor.

Gordon, Fultz and Augustine for Russell Westbrook.

Not sure I’d be happy with that. Rus would work well with Vuce and make us one of the top teams in the East, but 2 years on his contract he can just leave after that, then we are back to rebuilding.

I would do that trade in a heartbeat and I've never been big on Westbrook.

Considering that we got Fultz for nothing and that Augustine is just decent, this is basically Gordon for Russ.

30 year old point guard that’s already showing signs of decline, can’t shoot but thinks he can, on about $40million a season for the next 2 years. Sure his play making ability would improve us a lot but his contract would cripple us if it doesn’t work out. 2 years of trying to be a contender.

We're bound to the roster we have for the next 3 years anyways.
We have tradable contracts and if the right players come available we can a make a move. Westbrook on $40 mill a year then we will be stuck.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Tragic if we move Bamba, such a waste of a draft pick if so. He has zero value so he has no currency. Can only hope they give him his entire 4 hrs (rookie contact) to prove that's he's no good.
As the great Lindsay Gaze used to say, "if you're short you've got 10 minutes to show me you can play, and if your tall I'll give you 10 years to show me you can't"

There is no rush to be trading anyone yet. I’d imagine Birch can back up Gordon while Okeke is still recovering

C: Vucevic, Bamba
PF: Gordon, Birch, Okeke
SF: Issac, Aminu
SG: Fournier, Ross, Iwundu
PG: Augustine, MCW, Fultz

We have talent and depth across all areas but certainly our front court is stronger. I’d only be trading if we can bring a star in.

I’d be looking hard at D’Lo Russell who can be traded until December which is when Thompson is likely to return. Curry, Thompson and D’Lo surely can’t play together.

Russell On $27mil with a strait swap with Vucevic $28mil would work financially. Centre a position the warriors need to strengths.

Or Gordon $20mil and Augustine $7mil expiring contract would also work.

Wouldn’t be trading Bamba for the sake of having too many players in the front court. Should wait and see his development and what options become available during the season.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Rumours circulating that a trade for Russell with AG and Fultz going the other way could be on the cards. Makes absolute sense for both clubs, GSW get a high energy and athletic defensive freak in AG who can guard every position on the floor, we get a cornerstone point guard who can have the keys to the city with JI moving to his natural stretch 4.

Vucevic - bamba
Isaac - Birch
Aminu - iwandu
Fournier - Ross
Russell - Augustine

That pretty much takes us to 4-5th seed

Back