Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

What is it with this team and building a lead only to let our opponents come back and dominate us?

There's something wrong with our second halves. Something needs to change.
This happened all year last season too. Magic gave up the most double digit leads, I think we did it like 11 times and the next most was 8. Shows this team lacks killer instinct

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This happened all year last season too. Magic gave up the most double digit leads, I think we did it like 11 times and the next most was 8. Shows this team lacks killer instinct

Lack of an Alpha, lack of a closer and lack of leadership..

take it with a grain of salt but;

DeMar DeRozan. I like it, he is a small forward, former all-star playing in a system (imo) that doesn't suit him. He could be our answer to all these missing points. We would have to give up a fair bit to get him though.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
take it with a grain of salt but;

DeMar DeRozan. I like it, he is a small forward, former all-star playing in a system (imo) that doesn't suit him. He could be our answer to all these missing points. We would have to give up a fair bit to get him though.

Did you read this? Would absolutely love him, happy to give up AG (Defensive first PF/SF suits Pop) and Bamba if we got Demar and something else back.

Good win today, AG played well and Vuc played well but you can almost guarantee that his impact is limited if Embiid plays.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
It's hard to get excited about Demar. Yeah, he gets to the rim but he can't shoot and we're already last in the league in 3 point percentage.

Anyway, it would take a pretty juicy pick but I'd be happy with AG and Augstine for DeRozen and White.

AG is playing like he wants out. The salaries work and maybe (hopefully) the Spurs would covet our pick.... but they generally hate picks.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's hard to get excited about Demar. Yeah, he gets to the rim but he can't shoot and we're already last in the league in 3 point percentage.

Anyway, it would take a pretty juicy pick but I'd be happy with AG and Augstine for DeRozen and White.

AG is playing like he wants out. The salaries work and maybe (hopefully) the Spurs would covet our pick.... but they generally hate picks.

Pop ain’t moving a young guy who has a high ceiling who was on team USA for DJ.. that’s crazy talk.

What we lack more than anything is an alpha who can close games, we lack that more than shooters (we’ve been in just about every game with poor shooting). All of TRoss,Vuc,Ev,DJ can’t stay cold forever and with JI’s improved 3 we should see a little improvement.

We desperately need a go to scorer especially if we want to have any relevance in the East.

Demar not the answer for us. We need an outside shooting for spacing and that is not Derozen. Our lack of spacing will also clog up Derozen’s offensive game. He can also be a free agent in the offseason and sign elsewhere. Wouldn’t give up young assets for a 30 year old guy who would want to be at a contender next year. Would be a terrible trade.

A rumour of Gordon to Brooklyn for Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie and a future 1st round pick sounds better to me. Joe Harris shooting 2.8 3’s per game at 49% starts at shooting guard moving Fournier to small forward, would spread the floor and open up our offence. Joe is also out of contract but a better chance of re-signing the Demar in my opinion. Dinwiddie is under contract for a couple years and is a big upgrade on Augustine as a back up point guard.

C. Vucevic - Bamba
PF. Issac - Aminu
SF. Fournier - Ross
SG. Harris - Ross
PG. Fultz - Dinwiddie

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Pop ain’t moving a young guy who has a high ceiling who was on team USA for DJ.. that’s crazy talk.

What we lack more than anything is an alpha who can close games, we lack that more than shooters (we’ve been in just about every game with poor shooting). All of TRoss,Vuc,Ev,DJ can’t stay cold forever and with JI’s improved 3 we should see a little improvement.

We desperately need a go to scorer especially if we want to have any relevance in the East.

DJ isn't the main part of the trade, that would be AG and the pick.

Also, Derrick White isn't that much chop. If Pop wasn't coaching team USA he wouldn't have come near it.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Demar not the answer for us. We need an outside shooting for spacing and that is not Derozen. Our lack of spacing will also clog up Derozen’s offensive game. He can also be a free agent in the offseason and sign elsewhere. Wouldn’t give up young assets for a 30 year old guy who would want to be at a contender next year. Would be a terrible trade.

A rumour of Gordon to Brooklyn for Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie and a future 1st round pick sounds better to me. Joe Harris shooting 2.8 3’s per game at 49% starts at shooting guard moving Fournier to small forward, would spread the floor and open up our offence. Joe is also out of contract but a better chance of re-signing the Demar in my opinion. Dinwiddie is under contract for a couple years and is a big upgrade on Augustine as a back up point guard.

C. Vucevic - Bamba
PF. Issac - Aminu
SF. Fournier - Ross
SG. Harris - Ross
PG. Fultz - Dinwiddie

Would do the Demar trade only if he committed to an extension, he’ll be a 20+ point scorer for another 2-3 years.

mm Joe Harris (who we waived 2 years ago) and Dinwiddie are just another couple of guys who can only score in one way. Neither of them is dynamic.

If we could get Bradley Beal I'd be pretty happy. Would have to sell our future though.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
mm Joe Harris (who we waived 2 years ago) and Dinwiddie are just another couple of guys who can only score in one way. Neither of them is dynamic.

If we could get Bradley Beal I'd be pretty happy. Would have to sell our future though.

I agree, Dinwiddle is to streaky and inconsistent, Harris needs dimes delivered and to be in motion to score... Beal won't play for a small city team unless someone of status took the jump first I feel, I really believe he'd only move to a big city franchise.

If Derozan made his intentions clear that he wanted to be in Orlando we would be bonkers crazy not to take the chance, especially if he is willing to sign an extension. Best case we get a guy who averages 20+ for the next 3-4 seasons, worst case we get 20+ shot creator for 2 seasons and dipping productive Derozan in his final season or 2.

AG has tried and tried and tried to be a shot creator, he has tried to improve his handles, he has tried to improve his IQ and it's just not him, he is a pure grinder and banger and that's that.

AG+DJ (or Wes Iwandu, Pop probaly likes him)
for
Demar+Walker (talented 2nd year guy not getting minutes, can play 1 or 2)

Fultz: Carter-Williams, Walker
Fournier: Ross, Walker, Fultz
Derozan: Aminu, Iwandu
Isaac: Birch, Jefferson, Aminu
Vucevic: Bamba, Birch

Would do the Demar trade only if he committed to an extension, he’ll be a 20+ point scorer for another 2-3 years.
I’m a big Derozan fan but I don’t see him as good fit for this team. No one plays tight on Vucevic, Issac or Fultz when they are on the 3 point line, Derozan will have no space for his mid range game, he will be less effective for us, and he wouldn’t create space for the rest of the team. Can’t see him signing an extension if we aren’t contending and not creating space for him to be at his best.

Yeah we need a go to scorer in the back court, but with Fultz at the point we need one that can shoot. CJ McCollum a better option and is locked under contract. Could be an option if Portland are still in the bottom half at the trade deadline.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’m a big Derozan fan but I don’t see him as good fit for this team. No one plays tight on Vucevic, Issac or Fultz when they are on the 3 point line, Derozan will have no space for his mid range game, he will be less effective for us, and he wouldn’t create space for the rest of the team. Can’t see him signing an extension if we aren’t contending and not creating space for him to be at his best.

Yeah we need a go to scorer in the back court, but with Fultz at the point we need one that can shoot. CJ McCollum a better option and is locked under contract. Could be an option if Portland are still in the bottom half at the trade deadline.

We need to do 1 of 2 things because the make up of this team isn’t competing in the East.

Surround Vuc and Fultz with 3 and D shooters, JI is developing rapidly in this area particularly on the defensive end but also as a knock down shooter. AG and EV aren’t those players, I’d like to look at Otto Porter (yuck contract but he is young) or even a guy like Forbes who is aching for starters minutes.

The other option is to show faith in our squad to start hitting the open 3s and trade for a shot creator which we have lacked since Mcgrady days..

Gee, what position would we be in if we didn’t completely feck up our roster management decisions with trading Harris and Oladipo and the draft night move of Sabonis? We’d be at the top of the East no doubt.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On Fultz... anyone else getting frustrated with Clifford starting him but giving him less minutes than when he was 6th man? We need Fultz to contribute over 32 minutes, not 21.

We need to do 1 of 2 things because the make up of this team isn’t competing in the East.

Surround Vuc and Fultz with 3 and D shooters, JI is developing rapidly in this area particularly on the defensive end but also as a knock down shooter. AG and EV aren’t those players, I’d like to look at Otto Porter (yuck contract but he is young) or even a guy like Forbes who is aching for starters minutes.

The other option is to show faith in our squad to start hitting the open 3s and trade for a shot creator which we have lacked since Mcgrady days..

Gee, what position would we be in if we didn’t completely feck up our roster management decisions with trading Harris and Oladipo and the draft night move of Sabonis? We’d be at the top of the East no doubt.
Harris I can live without but looking at Oladipo and Sabonis makes me sad. The culimination of that trade ended up getting us TRoss who was pivotal to our playoff push last year but alas is no all-star.

Another win, building up a bit of steam now that our offense is looking a lot better. Markelle with 19 points was awesome, 8/10 (2/3 3pt) and a clutch steal, dunk + and1 at the end to seal the win.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are we starting to believe?

Not yet..

We have played 70% at home and have a losing record, we aren’t in a position to believe anything yet. The signs are positive though, really want to see Fultz progress to 30 mins a game, he clearly has a ceiling that we need to fast track.

I am losing a bit of faith in Bamba, hands are soft and has terrible awareness on both sides of the floor.. Hoping we see some improvement but I get the feeling Clifford is losing patience too.

I am liking the look of AG’s jumper, if he just stopped trying to force up random shots his production would rocket.

Rapts next, our nemesis.

Not yet..

We have played 70% at home and have a losing record, we aren’t in a position to believe anything yet. The signs are positive though, really want to see Fultz progress to 30 mins a game, he clearly has a ceiling that we need to fast track.

I am losing a bit of faith in Bamba, hands are soft and has terrible awareness on both sides of the floor.. Hoping we see some improvement but I get the feeling Clifford is losing patience too.

I am liking the look of AG’s jumper, if he just stopped trying to force up random shots his production would rocket.

Rapts next, our nemesis.
Bamba has been hot garbage so far this season but I think it's worth continuing with him, although if they sent him to the D league for a month I wouldn't complain.

He turns it over so often I just cringe whenever he has the ball. He looks so unsure of himself.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bamba has been hot garbage so far this season but I think it's worth continuing with him, although if they sent him to the D league for a month I wouldn't complain.

He turns it over so often I just cringe whenever he has the ball. He looks so unsure of himself.

G League I agree with... Birch is a much better player as of this moment.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vuc out for a month, AG maybe only 1 or 2 games. Tough going offensively without Vuc but I’m keen to see JI play that stretch 4 spot on offence, his stroke is so smooth and his post moves back to the basket have improved a lot.

Birch
JI
Aminu
Fournier
Fultz

Ross
DJ
Bamba
Iwandu
Jefferson

On another note, how s**t is Bamba? Seriously the guy has regressed horribly, Boucher absolutely torched him on both ends of the floor. Patience running thin with him, he is a lottery pick in his 2nd season playing like he is still a freshman in college.

Back