Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Vuc out for a month, AG maybe only 1 or 2 games. Tough going offensively without Vuc but I’m keen to see JI play that stretch 4 spot on offence, his stroke is so smooth and his post moves back to the basket have improved a lot.

Birch
JI
Aminu
Fournier
Fultz

Ross
DJ
Bamba
Iwandu
Jefferson

On another note, how s**t is Bamba? Seriously the guy has regressed horribly, Boucher absolutely torched him on both ends of the floor. Patience running thin with him, he is a lottery pick in his 2nd season playing like he is still a freshman in college.
God help our second unit. No defence there at all

Vuc out for a month, AG maybe only 1 or 2 games. Tough going offensively without Vuc but I’m keen to see JI play that stretch 4 spot on offence, his stroke is so smooth and his post moves back to the basket have improved a lot.

Birch
JI
Aminu
Fournier
Fultz

Ross
DJ
Bamba
Iwandu
Jefferson

On another note, how s**t is Bamba? Seriously the guy has regressed horribly, Boucher absolutely torched him on both ends of the floor. Patience running thin with him, he is a lottery pick in his 2nd season playing like he is still a freshman in college.
With Vooch out for a month it’s time for Bamba to show something. He’s talked himself up, he says he’s got the Mamba mentality, he says he’s got the cheat sheet off Joel Embiid. Time to stop all the talking and start proving he was worth a top pick

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With Vooch out for a month it’s time for Bamba to show something. He’s talked himself up, he says he’s got the Mamba mentality, he says he’s got the cheat sheet off Joel Embiid. Time to stop all the talking and start proving he was worth a top pick

Coach Clifford has no faith in him man

Coach Clifford has no faith in him man
None for right now. He was always a project player. He has 4 weeks to keep his spot. Otherwise if we want to make it to the playoffs Vucevic backed up by Birch and Bamba to the G league.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
None for right now. He was always a project player. He has 4 weeks to keep his spot. Otherwise if we want to make it to the playoffs Vucevic backed up by Birch and Bamba to the G league.

Playing ok atm... Seems a bit more free in his play without Vuc coming in for him every 3 mins.

13 min - 6p, 6r, 1b

JI our best, but overall we look rubbish

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We desperately need a closer.. JI was elite as the stretch 4, we should be trading AG in my view and running with JI as the 4.. AG would have a high value on the open market as well, a real opportunity to cash in as well as promoting one of our best young talents to a go to guy on offence.

We desperately need a closer.. JI was elite as the stretch 4, we should be trading AG in my view and running with JI as the 4.. AG would have a high value on the open market as well, a real opportunity to cash in as well as promoting one of our best young talents to a go to guy on offence.
I'm with you, JI is gaining confidence all the time. AG just isn't doing it for us and he has a very team friendly contract

J.I looked a star today. Keen to see how he looks the next few games before Gordon returns. Fultz looked good and Bamba actually look at least NBA standard.

Saw a trade suggestion, Gordon and Fournier to Chicago for Lavine and Otto Porter.

Line up.

Vucevic - Bamba
Issac - Aminu
Porter - Ross (Okeke)
Lavine - Ross
Fultz - Augustine

Last edited:

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
J.I looked a star today. Keen to see how he looks the next few games before Gordon returns. Fultz looked good and Bamba actually look at least NBA standard.

Saw a trade suggestion, Gordon and Fournier to Chicago for Lavine and Otto Porter.

Line up.

Vucevic - Bamba
Issac - Aminu
Porter - Ross (Okeke)
Lavine - Ross
Fultz - Augustine

Bloody hell, sign me up... Can’t see that happening, weighted in our favour.. The Bulls may be super keen to move Otto porters contract on and the only way they do that is by giving up a stud piece, and to be fair that Bulls team is being built around Markkanen/Carter and White (who was mammoth today).

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm with you, JI is gaining confidence all the time. AG just isn't doing it for us and he has a very team friendly contract

Yeah man, I’ve been saying since the day we drafted JI that he needs to play that stretch 4 position, he played it at Florida and it made him a lottery pick. AG coming back just stunts his development, I’d be really keen to see us being really active in shopping AG.

Bloody hell, sign me up... Can’t see that happening, weighted in our favour.. The Bulls may be super keen to move Otto porters contract on and the only way they do that is by giving up a stud piece, and to be fair that Bulls team is being built around Markkanen/Carter and White (who was mammoth today).
The salary doesn’t really matter. They have to match in a trade, (Orlando would actually receive $350000k too much in that trade, more players would need to be involved), but both Porter and Fournier are free agents after next season and both teams will be able to shed salary. Orlando will already be over the cap this coming offseason, we won’t be signing any free agents, taking on Porter’s contract for one season isn’t going to change anything for us really.

A strait swap of Gordon and Lavine matches salary wise. Don’t need Porter and Fournier in the deal. Chicago will have you many front court players though.

Chicago shopped Lavine around at the deadline last season, Zach was benched against a Miami and Zach comes out and basically says trust has been lost between him and the coach (Boylen). Zach seems like a getable option at this stage

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The salary doesn’t really matter. They have to match in a trade, (Orlando would actually receive $350000k too much in that trade, more players would need to be involved), but both Porter and Fournier are free agents after next season and both teams will be able to shed salary. Orlando will already be over the cap this coming offseason, we won’t be signing any free agents, taking on Porter’s contract for one season isn’t going to change anything for us really.

A strait swap of Gordon and Lavine matches salary wise. Don’t need Porter and Fournier in the deal. Chicago will have you many front court players though.

Chicago shopped Lavine around at the deadline last season, Zach was benched against a Miami and Zach comes out and basically says trust has been lost between him and the coach (Boylen). Zach seems like a getable option at this stage

Otto doesn’t provide any value for his contract, we basically take on an average 3 and D guy almost at a max salary.. Fournier the better player. Can’t see them wanting AG tbh.

Probably need to keep making moves to make JI and Fultz a 1-2 combo for the next few years and surround them with support.
Trades don't really get going until Dec 15th when guys who signed as FA's can be traded, but I do agree, I'm losing faith in AG and I'd love to see us move him and Fournier for a really good wing

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I'm firmly in the keep bamba camp, there's no value in trading him.
If I could move vucevic for derozan I'd be thrilled even if derozan left via free agency at least 30mil in cap is freed up

We can't trade Vuc this season as he signed a new deal.

I agree re: Bamba. He has no currency right now, like everyone I hope he can continue to develop and improve and become a solid 10/15/3 type centre who crushes it on defence.

Right now the players we should be looking to move are AG, Vuc and Fournier. That would pretty much gut our current core but open spots up for some other guys plus whoever we bring in. A soft reset, to build around JI, Fultz and Bamba should be the way forward.

I'd like to see us possibly package up DJ & Fournier (plus maybe some picks) for DeMar and then look at what we can get for AG.

Something like this (plus picks either way for adjustments), which would give us the ability to reset if these high $$ guys don't work out:

Both guys have player options for the second year of their contracts and both teams we're trading with gain cap room, with Chicago would ideally be giving us picks in this trade which would probably be used in the DeMar trade.

1574817899928.png

PG: Fultz
SG: DeRozan
SF: Porter Jr
PF: Isaac
C: Vucevic

Opens up PF for JI, gets us a 3 & D guy in Porter and a decent point generating type in DeRozan. It also gives us players who play well off the ball meaning Markelle will get more touches and more chances to do stuff on the court without Fournier hogging a lot of the touches.

We have the worst offence in the league, worst 3 point % in the league and we want to trade out Fournier, our best shooter who is having a good season for DeRozan who hasn’t made a 3 all season. Our spacing which is already terrible would be even worse.

I agree long term we should be building around Bamba, Issac and Fultz.

Vucevic, Gordon, Fournier and Ross who all have long term contracts, could all eventually be traded out for long term players to play alongside our young 3 core players. We should not be trading them out for 30 year olds that are out of contract. It’s throwing assets away.

Russell, McCollum, Lavine are player we should be targeting this year. But with our senior core players contracted we aren’t desperate to get a deal done this year.

Gordon and Ross for D.Russell is one I think we should target this year, but with Golden State having injuries to their guards, and not contending this season I’m not sure they’ll trade him until the end of the season.

Vucevic will be much easier to trade in a few years when his contract comes down.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We can't trade Vuc this season as he signed a new deal.

I agree re: Bamba. He has no currency right now, like everyone I hope he can continue to develop and improve and become a solid 10/15/3 type centre who crushes it on defence.

Right now the players we should be looking to move are AG, Vuc and Fournier. That would pretty much gut our current core but open spots up for some other guys plus whoever we bring in. A soft reset, to build around JI, Fultz and Bamba should be the way forward.

I'd like to see us possibly package up DJ & Fournier (plus maybe some picks) for DeMar and then look at what we can get for AG.

Something like this (plus picks either way for adjustments), which would give us the ability to reset if these high $$ guys don't work out:

Both guys have player options for the second year of their contracts and both teams we're trading with gain cap room, with Chicago would ideally be giving us picks in this trade which would probably be used in the DeMar trade.

View attachment 785379

PG: Fultz
SG: DeRozan
SF: Porter Jr
PF: Isaac
C: Vucevic

Opens up PF for JI, gets us a 3 & D guy in Porter and a decent point generating type in DeRozan. It also gives us players who play well off the ball meaning Markelle will get more touches and more chances to do stuff on the court without Fournier hogging a lot of the touches.

We can trade Vuc but I don’t think it’s possible until later in the season, but he can definitely be moved.

This team lacks 1 genuine star, look at what the Bucks are doing even with losing Brogdon.. we could do the same with JI, he has all the tools that Giannis has he just needs to be ultra aggressive.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have the worst offence in the league, worst 3 point % in the league and we want to trade out Fournier, our best shooter who is having a good season for DeRozan who hasn’t made a 3 all season. Our spacing which is already terrible would be even worse.

I agree long term we should be building around Bamba, Issac and Fultz.

Vucevic, Gordon, Fournier and Ross who all have long term contracts, could all eventually be traded out for long term players to play alongside our young 3 core players. We should not be trading them out for 30 year olds that are out of contract. It’s throwing assets away.

Russell, McCollum, Lavine are player we should be targeting this year. But with our senior core players contracted we aren’t desperate to get a deal done this year.

Gordon and Ross for D.Russell is one I think we should target this year, but with Golden State having injuries to their guards, and not contending this season I’m not sure they’ll trade him until the end of the season.

Vucevic will be much easier to trade in a few years when his contract comes down.

Im pretty convinced as long as Clifford is coaching then we can forget about the team being built around Bamba.. you can see that he is getting Markelle more and more involved, but we really need to progress JI to the 4 spot and become a focal for our offence, it’s so damn obvious.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Bamba is coming along, he does everything we recruited him to do just not in the volumes were want at the moment, I think if he was given or capable of 30mins we'd be happier with him.
JI is clearly the future, however I don't think he'll be capable of 20ppg, so we definitely need scoring, best bet is to build an extremely defensive team that can space the floor, then get a ball dominant ISO scorer to take the scoring load.
Or blow up the roster and keep fultz, Isaacs and bamba.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bamba is coming along, he does everything we recruited him to do just not in the volumes were want at the moment, I think if he was given or capable of 30mins we'd be happier with him.
JI is clearly the future, however I don't think he'll be capable of 20ppg, so we definitely need scoring, best bet is to build an extremely defensive team that can space the floor, then get a ball dominant ISO scorer to take the scoring load.
Or blow up the roster and keep fultz, Isaacs and bamba.

Yep, fair summary man... Coach Clifford has always been notorious for being a tough coach for rookies and young guys, I think that plays a part in his lack of trust for Mo. Agreed we’ve seen flashes of what Mo can do but it’s very inconsistent, he really needs to improve his hands and stay alert when running sets on offence, would also like to see him develop some sort of low post game, atm unless he catches the ball in motion or he gets put backs then he’s not scoring.

I thigh you’re underselling JI, we saw what he can produce when AG was out, he averaged 18-19 points and 9 boards, that’s a pre-cursor to what we could get from him.

We have a GM who is pretty conservative, I don’t like our chances to blow up our squad but I would love to field offers for AG.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I saw that San Antonio are interested In AG, the proposed trade involved Derozan and bellineli, the salaries don't match, so we'd probably have to give either Ross or Aminu aswell.
I'd still prefer straight swap for vucevic. From a San Antonio pov I think vucevic would complement Aldridge better than AG would, and dumping vucevic would suit my agenda more.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are any of you guys frustrated with Cliffords rotations? I feel he leaves Markelle out for way too long after his first sub, he comes back in and takes a while to get into the flow of the game again, the future is with this guy so why on earth do we keep splitting minutes with DJ?

I would love to see this -

Markelle 0-8 mins 1st qtr / DJ sub in
DJ 0-4 mins 2nd qtr / Markelle sub in

Rinse and repeat unless DJ is absolutely going off and it's game on the line stuff, even then, DJ would need to be torching things.

I am also completely over this AG experiment, we need JI at the 4, he is so hamstrung with AG in the line up, he only took 7 shots in the loss to Utah, we need him taking 14-15 shots per game and having that 4 spot all to himself. Completely crazy not to cash in on AG's currency, he is a guy who is an elite defender with a very team favourable contract, let's damn move him on whilst we can, this offence is not going to win us anymore than a 8th seed in the East.

Back