Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Don’t think the Lakers can afford AG’s $19million salary.

Kuzma is still on his rookie contract just over $1million so will need to make salaries work. DJ also on $7million

KCP would have to be included, I think we could use a 3 and D guy like him as well.

** Scratch that, I read the contract details wrong, I thought he was on 16m a season but that's his total 2 year deal.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Peep that date, I feel vindicated now ;)

Hindsight is a wonderful thing... We all say some things that we get wrong.

I still hope we trade AG and build around JI/Kelle, I also think it would be wise to keep to Fournier (provided he indicates he will sign) and Vuc, at least until Mo shows a bit more on both sides of the floor especially offensively.

Our squad seems to be stuck in mediocre land, will be interesting to see what moves we make at the deadline.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing... We all say some things that we get wrong.

I still hope we trade AG and build around JI/Kelle, I also think it would be wise to keep to Fournier (provided he indicates he will sign) and Vuc, at least until Mo shows a bit more on both sides of the floor especially offensively.

Our squad seems to be stuck in mediocre land, will be interesting to see what moves we make at the deadline.
Having Markelle, JI and Bamba sets us up for the future for sure

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
King 'Kelle is taking over. Told my brother I'd order his Jersey online if he got the TD and have kept my word.

Only issue is, as always, we get screwed in Aus and don't get access to the good jerseys so I've had to order the proper one from the Magic store and have it sent to my wife's cousin in Arkansas. Ballbreakers.

King 'Kelle is taking over. Told my brother I'd order his Jersey online if he got the TD and have kept my word.

Only issue is, as always, we get screwed in Aus and don't get access to the good jerseys so I've had to order the proper one from the Magic store and have it sent to my wife's cousin in Arkansas. Ballbreakers.
These guys ship worldwide

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
These guys ship worldwide

They're who I bought it from, but the particular jersey I wanted (Nike Swingman Replica with Disney) couldn't be shipped due to supplier restriction. The assumption is that they want us here in Aus to pay overs for the cheaper and crappier replicas they sell here.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That is total bullshit about the Kel jersey... Can you buy it from the NBA store? Surely theres a way to get it? Melbourne CBD has a brilliant jersey store right under my office, I can swing past and pick one up if you want? If anyone would have them they would.

Today was always going happen, got smacked but we were tired... I think we are looking more and more confident overall though, particularly in our offensive sets and as I have been saying for damn ages AG is much better without JI and vice versa, what do we do there? AG is going through a period of career-best ball but I would always take JI over him, best outcome is AG keeps ballin out and his value rockets and we trade.

Anyone else see so much D-Rose is Kel? Rose never been a great shooter but he is so crafty getting to the rim and making those 8 footers, that's Fultz's game atm. Can really see Fultz turning into a 18-6-8 type of guy next season and pushing All-star level.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Just saw Minnesota is interested in AG, would anyone do, Wiggins and Covington for AG and Fournier?
Then maybe the T- wolves could (in the off season) try to get Russell for picks and assets, while letting Fournier leave as a FA.

Just saw Minnesota is interested in AG, would anyone do, Wiggins and Covington for AG and Fournier?
Then maybe the T- wolves could (in the off season) try to get Russell for picks and assets, while letting Fournier leave as a FA.
They're both horribly inefficient players, RoCo has an Ok contract and can clamp on defence but Wiggins is making way too much money for his skillset. I'd honestly rather keep AG and just try and trade Evan elsewhere or let him walk if he declines his option.

I'm back on the trade Vuc train though. Bamba has been balling but gets very little opportunity. Vuc, DJ and Evan all on the table if I'm the GM.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Our front office is horrid, has been for a long time... Heat completed a full rebuild in 12 months, we are 9 years in and still rebuilding. Over this shitful organisation and shitful squad, AG is genuinely a 3rd tier player, we’d be lucky to get a late 1st for him.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only real difference is Miami got a top 20 player as a free agent.

Yep, but the real difference is we get sucked into paying big contracts to essentially role players.. AG/TRoss/Ev are all role players, nothing more. Vuc is a very good offensive big but he is possibly the most inept big defender starting at centre in the league, maybe KAT is the only one who is worst.

What did Miami do? They managed a sign and trade with Phily for Butler, moving Richardson, they surrounded Bam and Butler with knock down shooters, they are essentially an elite 3 and D team with league leading defence and that’s exactly what the NBA is. Nunn, Olynyk, Herro, Jones, Robertson, Dragic are all automatic with a breath of room, it’s a mastermind move and its a front office knowing exactly what’s needed to compete in the league.

What have we done? Continue with this old school grit and grind mentality with a focus on lengthy athletes who are defence first guys.

We had an opportunity to do something, all 3 of Vuc/Ev and AG would be good fits for competing teams, you can’t tell me that Boston wouldn’t have given up talent and picks for Vuc?

Im left scratching my head, we have a guy like Markelle who gets downhill and collapses the D yet we have no shooters capable to capitalise. Our franchise is trash, has been ever since Stan left, absolute shambles.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Very different situations, but I can see AG being similar to Drummond in that you guys hold onto him for way too long and end up getting pennies on the dollar when you shouldve traded him at some stage during the last 12 months.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very different situations, but I can see AG being similar to Drummond in that you guys hold onto him for way too long and end up getting pennies on the dollar when you shouldve traded him at some stage during the last 12 months.

AG wouldn’t garner to much atm.. We should have sold high last season, which I’ve been consistent in my views for a long time. We’ve just made some horribly bad decisions, it’s been going on for almost a decade.

Our potential starting 5 could have been....

Fultz
Oladipo
Harris
Isaac/Sabonis
Sabonis/Vucevic

Craziness.

Back