Will add now!

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Counted as a fan - mad respect!

Does anyone have any opinions on the draft?

I'm all about Devin Vassell. Hope he's there when we pick.
I haven't been following the draft too closely myself seeing as though we'd looking at a mid-1st rounder and the rep around this draft class is that it's weak.

In saying that, if someone like Josh Green or Theo Maledon is available then I'd love for us to select them.

How does everyone feel about the NBA getting underway in Orlando? Are we at any playing advantage of it being based in our city, or is that not really on the radar?
Maybe, but our guys can't just go home after games, they have to stay within the hub like the other teams so I think any advantage (crowds, being close to home) are sort of gone.

How does everyone feel about the NBA getting underway in Orlando? Are we at any playing advantage of it being based in our city, or is that not really on the radar?
Probably not on the court.

But was reading an article that said Orlando isn’t a big free agent destination because it’s a small market, but Orlando/Central Florida is a great place to live. With players spending a bit of time in Orlando (although in a hub) we could spark interest of players wanting to live in the area in the future.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Probably not on the court.

But was reading an article that said Orlando isn’t a big free agent destination because it’s a small market, but Orlando/Central Florida is a great place to live. With players spending a bit of time in Orlando (although in a hub) we could spark interest of players wanting to live in the area in the future.
Yeah it's always struck me kinda weird that Orlando has played second-fiddle to Miami when people talk about Florida. Like, I get it's not a massive city (I've been there), but it's a great destination and everyone I met there was pretty friendly for the most part compared to other cities. Gotta love the warmer climate to enjoy it, but I'd take that over Utah where it's gonna be snowing way more often. The players would get enough of the sights of other cities on road trips to know where they'd rather spend that extra 50% of their base time surely.

Yeah it's always struck me kinda weird that Orlando has played second-fiddle to Miami when people talk about Florida. Like, I get it's not a massive city (I've been there), but it's a great destination and everyone I met there was pretty friendly for the most part compared to other cities. Gotta love the warmer climate to enjoy it, but I'd take that over Utah where it's gonna be snowing way more often. The players would get enough of the sights of other cities on road trips to know where they'd rather spend that extra 50% of their base time surely.
I'm with you, Florida also has no state taxes. If I were to move the the USA, Orlando would be in my top 3 places to live.

I can't for the life of me see why someone whould choose to live in Cleveland, Philly, Denver etc over a place like Orlando

Got the alarm set 4:30am

good to see Issac back, 13 points, 7 boards and 2 steals in 7 minutes against Denver, not bad for first game in over 200 days:fire:

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Got the alarm set 4:30am

good to see Issac back, 13 points, 7 boards and 2 steals in 7 minutes against Denver, not bad for first game in over 200 days:fire:

I've tried doing the opposite and staying up instead. But it's a rookie mistake. I'm crashing. I'll have to catch the game on delay.

JI just changes the team
JI looking really good.

Blew the underman nets outs, Vuce and Fournier looked like Shaq and Kobe out there.

Another blow out win, Vuce, Gordon an Fultz playing good games.

Issac though going down holding his left knee that he just came back from, looked bad. Hoping for the best for him.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
So s**t to see Isaac go down like that

Torn ACL confirmed for Issac. Absolutely shattered for him after working all year to get back. Was looking really good out there in his 3 games back.

12 month recovery which will mean all of next season

Got up early to watch our first playoff game, expecting us to lose the series 4-0.
Big win though, Vucevic on fire with 35 points, knocking down 5 threes

Back