Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

What are we looking for in the draft?
A SG that can shoot to play next to Fultz.

Devin Vassell from Florida st is perfect for us, will be probably gone by our pick though.

I think we'll just take best available but a wing type SG or SF would be ideal
A SG that can shoot to play next to Fultz.

Devin Vassell from Florida st is perfect for us, will be probably gone by our pick though.

What are the chances of just getting someone from FA this off-season?

I haven't really paid attention to who's available.

What are the chances of just getting someone from FA this off-season?

I haven't really paid attention to who's available.
We’re over the salary cap for next season so we won’t be making any big free agency signings this off-season.

We pretty much have all our rotational players signed back up for next year.

Augustine and MCW are out of contract, and Fournier has a player option which he’ll likely take.

Unless we make some trades (which I thinks unlikely with our front office) we’ll pretty much have the same team next year.

Can’t see us trading Gordon with Issac out for next season. Could possibly see us package Fournier with pick 15 and try and get someone like Lavine.

But can’t see anything too interesting happing this off-season with us.

We’re over the salary cap for next season so we won’t be making any big free agency signings this off-season.

We pretty much have all our rotational players signed back up for next year.

Augustine and MCW are out of contract, and Fournier has a player option which he’ll likely take.

Unless we make some trades (which I thinks unlikely with our front office) we’ll pretty much have the same team next year.

Can’t see us trading Gordon with Issac out for next season. Could possibly see us package Fournier with pick 15 and try and get someone like Lavine.

But can’t see anything too interesting happing this off-season with us.
Thanks for that info.

I would love to see LaVine with us. That would be a great move. Fournier is a whipping boy really. He's good enough, but not quite good enough. If that makes sense. ha

Thanks for that info.

I would love to see LaVine with us. That would be a great move. Fournier is a whipping boy really. He's good enough, but not quite good enough. If that makes sense. ha
Fournier would be a really good 6th man on a contender or like the 3rd/4th offensive option. IMO him and TRoss are interchangable even though they have slightly different games and we don't really need both. I'm hoping he doesn't take his player option or if he does we trade him. He has worth but he just doesn't fit with the Magic.

I think we'll let DJ go and re-sign MCW. Give Fultz the keys to the team

Thanks for that info.

Yeah he’s the whipping boy because we play him as the number one or two option on the team when he’s not really good enough to be that, but if he was the 3rd or 4th option on a team he’d get a lot more credit for what he does well at which is his shooting. A bit like JJ Redick.

Fournier would be a really good 6th man on a contender or like the 3rd/4th offensive option. IMO him and TRoss are interchangable even though they have slightly different games and we don't really need both. I'm hoping he doesn't take his player option or if he does we trade him. He has worth but he just doesn't fit with the Magic.

I think we'll let DJ go and re-sign MCW. Give Fultz the keys to the team
Reckon he will take his player option, not many teams have salary cap room and with the whole China thing and Covid the salary cap won’t be going up. The teams with money I doubt will be throwing at him this year, he’s better waiting next year.

Fournier would be alright if he wasn’t coached to be the number one or two option, give Fultz the keys like you said and Fournier can wait on the wings where Fultz can hit him up for open 3’s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there's a rumour that we're looking to trade Gordon and pick to move up.

We're believed to be targeting a gaurd in the lottery.

Personally I would rather trade Vuc and 15 to move up but I guess that would kill our offence.
Dunno how i feel about him leaving. I've loved watching him for the past 5-6 years but still waiting for the breakout domination year of consistency. With JI out, he's got his chance right in front of him to put his stamp on it.

We've done it before trading out our high draft picks after a few seasons, and it's come back to bite us on the ass with them all blossoming elsewhere.But I think it might be the right time to play our cards and move AG as much as it pains me to say it. He might just never break out, and he might just be a flashy player that's a fringe starter on another team forever. Who knows. But if the Wolves are offering Pick 1 for AG + Pick 15, I'd take it and run.

Fultz is like a mini LeBron in the way that he can bully his way to the rim. At 6'4 there are taller point guards but, usually, they're skinny and lanky like LeMelo, Exum or Livingston. Fultz is a bit of a unit.

In terms of his shooting, there are green shoots. He has his mid-range shot and after shooting 73% from the line last year, he's started this season with 12/13. Obviously, early days but when he came to Orlando he had 4/15 for his career so this isn't exactly what many people were expecting.

Even with his three, he doesn't hesitate on them. Today he made two of them when Ish Smith went under a screen and while he's only 2/8 for the season, I saw him make a few in the pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back