Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

And then 4 points after half time
He’s played a lot better the last 2 games. That first quarter he showed what he can do, full game performances will eventually come.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
So, we're sitting 2nd last. Obviously still a while to go, but I would like the recent lottery luck that's gone against us to ramp up a bit this year and give us a real #1.

Franz has been nice to have, and we still have the core youngsters, but we really need some injury luck to go our way in the next few years. Would like Suggs to get more minutes on return, and hopefully work out a clear plan for JI and Fultz when they're back too.

Hopefully 2022 brings some development improvement because we sure need it.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I like WCJ, Franz, and Cole as pieces and I think Suggs becoming good is just a matter of time. Fultz should be back very soon but it seems he still has that hitch in his shot. God only knows what's happening with JI but we have his return to look forward to.

In terms of the draft, I feel like there's a top 4 and then pick 5 could go a number of ways. It's early days but Jabari Smith, Chet, Banchero and Ivey all look like guys you'd be very happy to add. If you get pick 5, it could go a number of ways. I like Kendell Brown and Bennedict Mathurin but I don't think there's a consensus and I think that's fair.

Currently, we have a 52.1% chance at a top 4 pick. Then 27.8% at the 5th pick and 20% at the 6th. That's tough.

Landing one of Chet, Banchero or Jabari Smith would be huge. Chet went to high school with Suggs and they are good friends, he came to out summer league games. Really like the look of Smith though

What's the general consensus on what our list needs?
I feel quality is the most important.
I'd love a 20 PT per game wing.
Yeah a scoring wing, listening to a Magic podcast and they said we could go after Caris LeVert who the pacers have apparently made available as they going into a rebuild.

Our offer would be Ross, Chuma and a future pick.

Yeah a scoring wing, listening to a Magic podcast and they said we could go after Caris LeVert who the pacers have apparently made available as they going into a rebuild.

Our offer would be Ross, Chuma and a future pick.
I sure as hell hope we dont do any of that s**t. We sold our stars to do a re-build, so lets do a proper one.
We've got some bright signs so far, just need to keep hitting the draft gems

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I sure as hell hope we dont do any of that sh*t. We sold our stars to do a re-build, so lets do a proper one.

It's funny, I posted about trading for LeVert on RealGM probably before that podcast came out. I contended that Caris doesn't help us win that many extra games, so the tank goes on as normal, except with hopefully a bit more dignity.

The response I got was exactly what you said - We're in this for picks so let's not mess around and * that up, especially for a guy like LeVert.

Will Franz start getting some ROY hype?
Or will Mobley run away with it?
He wasn't considered top 5 a week ago, so probably some other player will get it...

Will Franz start getting some ROY hype?
Or will Mobley run away with it?
NBA moved Franz to number one last night on the rookie ladder

0E60F0F4-266C-4967-9189-5F9067F12C63.jpeg

I sure as hell hope we dont do any of that sh*t. We sold our stars to do a re-build, so lets do a proper one.
what’s a proper rebuild? This team is already stacked with young talent. It’s different to when Dwight left, we already had a lot of young pieces this time.

C. Carter - Bamba
PF. Issac - Okeke
SF. Wagner
SG. Anthony - Hampton
PG. Fultz - Suggs

We’ll most likely have a top 5 pick this year.
After this season in my opinion the roster has already been rebuilt.

By next season it’s time to move up the standings, and we have pieces to improve the roster. Chicago’s 2023 pick, Denver’s 2025 pick can be packaged up with lower rotational young guys to improve the roster.

Not saying LeVert is the answer it was just an idea as he is apparently available although I wouldn’t be against it.

Last edited:
what’s a proper rebuild? This team is already stacked with young talent. It’s different to when Dwight left, we already had a lot of young pieces this time.

C. Carter - Bamba
PF. Issac - Okeke
SF. Wagner
SG. Anthony - Hampton
PG. Fultz - Suggs

We’ll most likely have a top 5 pick this year.
After this season the roster in my opinion the roster has already been rebuilt.

By next season it’s time to move up the standings, and we have pieces to improve the roster. Chicago’s 2023 pick, Denver’s 2025 pick can be packaged up with lower rotational young guys to improve the roster.

Not saying LeVert is the answer it was just an idea as he is apparently available although I wouldn’t be against it.
My idea of a rebuild is not trading for middling players, when we need to get the most possible minutes into the young guys to find out if they are gonna cut it or not.

Given this is essentially year 1 after offloading our guns, I would hope they are going to hit the draft again, and save those 2023 and 2025 picks for bringing in pieces that will make a difference down the road.

Wouldn't mind the injury curse we have to * off also. Need the youth to play together at the same time

My idea of a rebuild is not trading for middling players, when we need to get the most possible minutes into the young guys to find out if they are gonna cut it or not.

Given this is essentially year 1 after offloading our guns, I would hope they are going to hit the draft again, and save those 2023 and 2025 picks for bringing in pieces that will make a difference down the road.

Wouldn't mind the injury curse we have to fu** off also. Need the youth to play together at the same time
Agree we need the injury curse to F off, I reckon they are holding Issac and Fultz back to gain some losses, they’ll be on minute restrictions for the year when they return.

The young guys eventually will need to be in a winning environment (Cole bleeds to win) and we can’t keep all them while drafting more young guys, they’ll be taking minutes off each other. Need to work out which young pieces are the ones to move forward with.

I already think we are seeing which players to move forward with, Cole, Wagner and Carter are locks, Suggs still finding his way is part of the future, Fultz and Issac are contracted and too talented. Throw in hopefully a stud from this coming draft.

Missing piece is a scoring wing, I’m not sure why we have to wait until 2025 to use Denver’s pick to fix that missing piece.

Hypothetically Levert a middling player? Do we think Okeke and RJ will end up better than him?

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So in terms of injuries we have

Wendell - Day-by-day "I'm good" said Carter. "It's kind of a day-by-day thing"

Suggs - A chance to play at the back end of the road trip. So a chance to play against Dallas in about 3 days.

Fultz - Will be back before Isaac. Hammond says "I think he’s fairly close. I don’t know if that means a couple of weeks out or a little bit beyond that.”

Isaac - Hammond says “If you walked in the gym you’d probably stand next to me and say ‘he looks like he’s to go.’ From my eyes, I agree, I think he’s ready to go. But the medical group has a lot of testing and tendencies they’re looking at. They want to make sure he’s exactly right before they put him out there.”

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone think Ross or Harris could be moved by the deadline?

The rumours out there, of which there are very few, seem to indicate that Ross will go. Mavs, Lakers, and Celtics are the teams I've heard.

Bamba might be gone too but I haven't seen many rumours. One was Bamba to NY for Reddish, I think.

Harris, of course, could be traded. I've also seen Lopez mentioned since he could help a team that wants to win and needs a C.

Back