Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

What convinced you. I'm still undecided
Just listened to a few experts analysing all their games and myth busting some of the talk about them.

I’m less concerned about his weaknesses than i was before. Finishing at the rim (being too finesse), ball handling and passing (which he did improve over the year) are the areas of improvement. He improves in those areas his ceiling is huge. The way he speaks in interviews and understands what he needs to do along with his reported hard work ethic I have confidence in him.

A lot of talk is that Chet is a player to play through while Jabari is a catch and shoot 2nd option. But statistically Jabari was given the ball way more than Chet over the season.

Isolation possessions
Chet 15 Jabari 84

Shots off the dribble
Chet 12 Jabari 105

Chet scored mainly from cutting and grabbing offensive rebounds. It was mainly due to coaching but we didn’t really see if Chet could be this ball handing shot creating player he’s reported to be. Doesn’t mean he isn’t but we just didn’t see it.

Jabari’s shooting is elite from anywhere on the court, not just from 3. In the post back to the basket, mid range and from 3. His back to the basket shots remind me of Tracy McGrady. He would create so much space for Fultz and Suggs to drive to the basket and then kick it out to Jabari if needed. Fultz’s passing to players on the perimeter is some of the best in the league, him and Jabari would work so well together.

Defensively he’s a bit like Mikal Bridges, and with Issac could form one of the best defensive duo’s in the league.

I was skeptical on Jabari but now I think he’s the best in the draft and fits the best with the team. I think he could be a real good player in a few years time.

Just listened to a few experts analysing all their games and myth busting some of the talk about them.

I’m less concerned about his weaknesses than i was before. Finishing at the rim (being too finesse), ball handling and passing (which he did improve over the year) are the areas of improvement. He improves in those areas his ceiling is huge. The way he speaks in interviews and understands what he needs to do along with his reported hard work ethic I have confidence in him.

A lot of talk is that Chet is a player to play through while Jabari is a catch and shoot 2nd option. But statistically Jabari was given the ball way more than Chet over the season.

Isolation possessions
Chet 15 Jabari 84

Shots off the dribble
Chet 12 Jabari 105

Chet scored mainly from cutting and grabbing offensive rebounds. It was mainly due to coaching but we didn’t really see if Chet could be this ball handing shot creating player he’s reported to be. Doesn’t mean he isn’t but we just didn’t see it.

Jabari’s shooting is elite from anywhere on the court, not just from 3. In the post back to the basket, mid range and from 3. His back to the basket shots remind me of Tracy McGrady. He would create so much space for Fultz and Suggs to drive to the basket and then kick it out to Jabari if needed. Fultz’s passing to players on the perimeter is some of the best in the league, him and Jabari would work so well together.

Defensively he’s a bit like Mikal Bridges, and with Issac could form one of the best defensive duo’s in the league.

I was skeptical on Jabari but now I think he’s the best in the draft and fits the best with the team. I think he could be a real good player in a few years time.
If even half of that comes to fruition, we'll get one hell of a player

Isolation possessions
Chet 15 Jabari 84

Shots off the dribble
Chet 12 Jabari 105

Man, what I would give to have T-Mac 2.0.

If even half of that comes to fruition, we'll get one hell of a player

This.

Man, what I would give to have T-Mac 2.0.

This.
Haha he’s not T-Mac 2.0, just his back to the basket shots have similarities.

I had my heart set on Jabari a bit by the time I woke up this morning. I think his conduct afterwards was exceptional too in the way he spoke and using it to have a chip on his shoulder, and just wanting to win (and not being overly fussed about ROTY, etc). We needed that.

But fingers crossed Banchero comes good. AS they said, any of the top 3 could've been pick 1. Just gotta trust the process, the office (been there done that though) and hope the plan comes through.

Would have thought that if we wanted Banchero we could have traded down to 3
Nah Houston wanted Banchero, they would of taken him 1.

Would have thought that if we wanted Banchero we could have traded down to 3

Houston wanted Banchero. Only reason to trade down would have been to take Smith or someone else. OKC were always taking Chet at pick 2.

I think Ivey will be the best player from this years crop. I don’t get why he wasn’t rated alongside the top 3.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Orlando always wanted Banchero but kept it quiet and made out Smith was the number one pick to see if OKC or Houston would trade up to take Smith at 1 and then Orlando could take Paolo at 3. But the Rockets wanted Banchero and Orlando took their guy.

Orlando always wanted Banchero but kept it quiet and made out Smith was the number one pick to see if OKC or Houston would trade up to take Smith at 1 and then Orlando could take Paolo at 3. But the Rockets wanted Banchero and Orlando took their guy.
That answered every question I was asking myself. Thank you.
Banchero was the man the whole time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PG - Fultz
SG - Suggs
PF - Banchero
SF - Wagner
C - WCJ

How does everyone else see the starting 5 looking like?

I got

PG-Anthony
SG-Wagner
SF-Banchero
PF-Isaac
C-Cater jnr

Bench-
Suggs
Hampton
Okeke
Bamba

Don’t rate Fultz? I think his form pre knee and coming off a knee was pretty solid. I saw a stat somewhere showing his points/assists per minutes played this season and it was pretty remarkable.

Be interesting to see how everyone lines up if Isaac is fit and ready. He is a bit of a wild card to be honest.

Don’t rate Fultz? I think his form pre knee and coming off a knee was pretty solid. I saw a stat somewhere showing his points/assists per minutes played this season and it was pretty remarkable.

Be interesting to see how everyone lines up if Isaac is fit and ready. He is a bit of a wild card to be honest.

I love fultz, I just have to give the guard spots to the two guys who played.
If Fultz can capture anything like his pre ACL form we're gonna be good.

Fultz averaged 9.9 assists per 36 minutes which was 3rd in the league behind Chris Paul and Trae Young.

Jeff Weltman said in a press conference our starting line up ages are 24, 19, 20, 20 and 24

That would be Carter, Banchero, Wagner, Suggs and Fultz.

Paolo looks good, real good.

His defence looks ass but we'll be pairing him at various times with Wendell, JI, Bamba, Suggs and Okeke so it should be ok.

I also think he plays with his food too much and isn't much of a rebounder but, based on the first summer league game, the passing is even better than we saw at Duke.

It's interesting times for us. Paolo could be very good but I think he'll need the right roster around him.

Oh and Caleb Houstan looked good in that first summer league game. Seems like smart player with a good shot. I think best he can get this season is a 2 way contract. Guess he'll have to keep it up to get one.

Very sad. Hopefully, he's not gone for the season.

Last season we got zero games out of E'Twaun Moore, Isaac and MCW. Fultz played 18 games.

So far we have Mo Wagner not playing for Germany with an ankle injury and Harris with the above.

Righto, how are we looking after media day hype is done?

Some good and some bad.

JI won't be ready to start the season. He's going to take a bit to get into game shape. At this point, another few weeks or months are just a drop in the ocean.

Fultz has fractured his big toe walking around the house, so he'll miss the start of the season.

Garry Harris' return depends on how he responds to knee surgery. No information has been provided yet.

Mo Wagner missed Eurobasket with an ankle injury but he's good to go.

Because of hurricane Ian, we missed a few days of training so we're going to play Memphis in the preseason game on Tuesday with very little prep.

On the plus side, Bol Bol is healthy, Cole has beefed up, Bamba has beefed up and Franz looked really solid in Eurobasket,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back