Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we all thought that we would be deep in the lottery this season, so I'll put the nice steak at the start down as a shining light in a development season.

Hmmm, I see the same old issues that we have had for the last 5-6 years.

Terrible line up management
Terrible defence
Bad drafting
Mind boggling trading

Our shining light is AG, that's it, nothing more. The rest of the team should be traded so we can completely bomb and do a Philly like rebuild, surround AG with genuine young talent.

Phil game worst, the wheels have fallen off completely.
They have sadly, I paid for the league pass for the first time ever when the season started but now I'm thinking that i might have to cancel it. First month i definetly got my 20 bucks worth but now it feels like I'm just throwing my money away for nothing.

We're still scoring ok but we have little to no defense at all.

They have sadly, I paid for the league pass for the first time ever when the season started but now I'm thinking that i might have to cancel it. First month i definetly got my 20 bucks worth but now it feels like I'm just throwing my money away for nothing.

We're still scoring ok but we have little to no defense at all.

Download a VPN service and buy it from Mexico, cost me $80 for the year. Easy as.

So anyway gents, we will be trading for sure when the deadline approaches. Who do we look to move? I think we could really look to bomb out if we go something like 14-26 over the next 20 games, that would ultimately mean the end for this core group, there is absolutely no way in the world we can persist.

Payton/Ross/Vuc are all on the chopping block, they where never part of this administrations team. If we can get a wiley veteran with a big salary to dump then I would do it, there is also some quality talent on the draft board, some guys that are genuine All-Star material.

Deandre Ayton would be great for us as a replacement for Vuc, already there are comparisons to Embid and he would protect the rim and provide a lot more athleticism than we have with Vuc.

If we were going for a PG then the best would Collin Sexton from Alabama, he is really long for a 6ft2 guy and has some insane handles and has a nice stroke although pretty inconsistent. A much better scorer than Elf, a better defender and has scope to be a high level PG in the league.

Sad that I'm thinking of how we can improve at the draft already, I really wish I was watching Dennis Smith jnr in our squad with AG, at least there would be some excitement.

We really need defense. Our offense is fine, 12th in the league for scoring but we just give up way too much. Someone like Marc Gasol would be perfect if we still want to push for a postseason appearance. If we look to tank move on Vucevic and Payton for some young defensive talent. Okafor wants out of Philly so maybe he's worth looking at, not really defensively minded but i feel he'd be able to develop his defense better than our current bigs and still give good offense.

The other question is do we persist with Vogel ? After Fizdale surprisingly got the sack today it makes me wonder if FV will still be in charge at seasons end.

We really need defense. Our offense is fine, 12th in the league for scoring but we just give up way too much. Someone like Marc Gasol would be perfect if we still want to push for a postseason appearance. If we look to tank move on Vucevic and Payton for some young defensive talent. Okafor wants out of Philly so maybe he's worth looking at, not really defensively minded but i feel he'd be able to develop his defense better than our current bigs and still give good offense.

Okafor is a worst defender than Vuc but offensively has more scope and is younger, not the worst decision to try and get him but with our poor defence I can't see it happening.

Forget playoffs, we are a lottery team and the fact we have won 8 games is nothing short of a miracle.

Surely we can't flip another coach. We've had like 5 in 6 years.

Vogel isn't the problem, he is a quality coach. Our squad is the problem, our drafting is the problem, our Basketball operations has always been the problem.

IMO we need to bomb out, wipe the slate clean, no more trying to patch holes with the hope we can scrape into the 8th seed. Trade out Vuc/Fournier/Ross/Elf, we need to trade for expiring contracts, for all I care pick up players and pay them out and play some of our D-Leaguers. Go the draft, go to the lottery and pick up the best talent and play them all together. What Phily have done was painful and it doesnt need to be as long and drawn out but we need to go a similar path, they are set for the next decade now, we need to follow suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The team has no real future with this list and not great trade pieces with overpaid long contracts

Biyombo $17m 3yrs
Fournier $17m 4yrs
Vucevic $12m 2yrs
Ross $10m 2yrs

I'd try aim for these trades

Have heard Cleveland want a defensive big as they are struggling protecting the rim. Biyombo is an option for them for shumpert $10m 2yrs and frye $7m 1yr

Vucevic, Ross and Payton to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. Whether the LA goes for that or not I don't know, Jordan would be a good get at $24m over 2 years but can opt out after this year. If he opts out frees up a lot cap space.

Fournier anywhere for a 1st round pick, as high as we can get.

Lineup for the rest of the year

C. Jordan - Speights
PF. Gordon - Frye
SF. Issac - Herzonja
SG. Simmons - Shumpert
PG. Augustine - Mack

That team will completely suck more than we do now giving us a better chance in the lottery the next 2 years while an extra pick for Fournier. Also more cap space over the next 2 years to target free agents.

The team has no real future with this list and not great trade pieces with overpaid long contracts

Biyombo $17m 3yrs
Fournier $17m 4yrs
Vucevic $12m 2yrs
Ross $10m 2yrs

I'd try aim for these trades

Have heard Cleveland want a defensive big as they are struggling protecting the rim. Biyombo is an option for them for shumpert $10m 2yrs and frye $7m 1yr

Vucevic, Ross and Payton to the Clippers for DeAndre Jordan. Whether the LA goes for that or not I don't know, Jordan would be a good get at $24m over 2 years but can opt out after this year. If he opts out frees up a lot cap space.

Fournier anywhere for a 1st round pick, as high as we can get.

Lineup for the rest of the year

C. Jordan - Speights
PF. Gordon - Frye
SF. Issac - Herzonja
SG. Simmons - Shumpert
PG. Augustine - Mack

That team will completely suck more than we do now giving us a better chance in the lottery the next 2 years while an extra pick for Fournier. Also more cap space over the next 2 years to target free agents.

People may not like it but I think Isaac is going to be a bomb unless he translates his game to the 5, he has terrible handles and a poor shooter ATM. He has length and athleticism though, once he gets stronger I think he could be a top level defender who can space the floor as a 5.

Your summation is a state of affairs.

Vuvevic is such a polarising player, you love him or you hate him, the people who live him are in awe of his offensive abilities whereas the people who hate him believe his defensive capabilities are a liability for a centre in today's game.
In a day of positionless basketball is there merit in playing vuvevic as a freaky stretch 3?
It keeps Gordon in his prefered 4 position and enables us to play a defensive minded centre like biyombo.
It also pushes Fournier to SG and keeps Payton at PG.
Thoughts?

Vuvevic is such a polarising player, you love him or you hate him, the people who live him are in awe of his offensive abilities whereas the people who hate him believe his defensive capabilities are a liability for a centre in today's game.
In a day of positionless basketball is there merit in playing vuvevic as a freaky stretch 3?
It keeps Gordon in his prefered 4 position and enables us to play a defensive minded centre like biyombo.
It also pushes Fournier to SG and keeps Payton at PG.
Thoughts?

I can't get a decent read on Vuc. I really like him because he seems Orlando through-and-through; however, I do think that he plays too much "hero ball" and has a bit of a "me-first" attitude.

Our season is pretty much done, so I wouldn't be opposed to trialing that idea - it seems fun - however, I think he will be off-loaded and I don't want to hurt his trade value :p

I can't get a decent read on Vuc. I really like him because he seems Orlando through-and-through; however, I do think that he plays too much "hero ball" and has a bit of a "me-first" attitude.

Our season is pretty much done, so I wouldn't be opposed to trialing that idea - it seems fun - however, I think he will be off-loaded and I don't want to hurt his trade value :p

Vuc is all about himself, drops his head when he doesn't get calls, throws his hands up when the ball doesn't get given to him when he wants and is probably the worst defending starting centre in the league. He is a talent offensively, without a doubt he is in the top 6-7 centres as far as his offence goes but he absolutely kills us on the other end. How many times does he struggle to get back on D in transition ball?

We would be best to dump him as well s Elf and Fournier and go a complete rebuild through the draft and FA, this squad isn't doing s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back