Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is if we go down the full rebuild route then there's no garentee Gordon is going to hang around.
I'm not suggesting sit on our hands but there's no reason guys like Payton and Fournier can't be good roll players around better players. We just have to nail the draft and persist with the talent.
We've made some big mistakes in the past, Harris, Oladipo and now Herzonja. It's time to back in our drafted talent.

Problem is if we go down the full rebuild route then there's no garentee Gordon is going to hang around.
I'm not suggesting sit on our hands but there's no reason guys like Payton and Fournier can't be good roll players around better players. We just have to nail the draft and persist with the talent.
We've made some big mistakes in the past, Harris, Oladipo and now Herzonja. It's time to back in our drafted talent.

I understand your POV.

AG is a restricted FA, he isn't going anywhere unless we allow it.

I disagree with you though, we have traded the wrong players and everyone bar our management could see it. Payton isn't worthy as a back up on any of the playoff teams in either conference, but for us he is our on court leader so really straight off the bat we're behind the 8 ball. I've said my piece on Vuc, he is borderline NBL standard as a defender.

Of the whole squad these are the only guys I keep.

Gordon
Isaac
Simmons (6th man)
Fournier (better as a 3rd option)
DJ (Good back up)

I would be moving all of -

Vucevic
Payton
Ross
Biyombo (although his contract makes it impossible)
Mack

Read the article below to get an idea of what I am trying to say.

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2017/12/21/16805578/all-the-magic-want-for-christmas-is

How much do we lose by today?

I've had a great 24 hours... victory pinch a late winner, Newcastle pull 3 goals out of their arse to handle West Ham, I've got the packers today with A-Rod back and then I have Orlando lol. A loss is much more important, the more chance we have of getting Stanley from Arizona the better.

Payton was great today. I'm not surprised we lost with most of our team out. Hezonja has been starting to show some promise since his game time has increased.

Why does this cycle continue every year?
Because our team sucks. We have new management now who have said this is a test year so they can get a feel for who they really want on the team. I think (despite the good start) it was always going to be a s**t year.

I know there's no chance but Deandre Jordan would be a good pick up. Reports is he's willing to stay at any team just as long as they pay him appropriately.
Would Fournier and the Lakers pick her it done?
Also gives us flexibility to dump vuvevic

I know there's no chance but Deandre Jordan would be a good pick up. Reports is he's willing to stay at any team just as long as they pay him appropriately.
Would Fournier and the Lakers pick her it done?
Also gives us flexibility to dump vuvevic
I'd like to see us look to move everyone with currency except Simmons, AG & Isaac. I could live with keeping Ross, DJ, Mack and Iwundu and Bis will be impossible to move due to his contract.

Trade bait should be Vuc, Fournier, Payton & Hezonja. I'd love to see us target a really good PG and a Centre or possibly another lottery pick in this years draft. Ultimately I'd like to see us bring in two of Isaiah Thomas, Deandre Jordan via trade/FA and Trae Young or Mohamed Bamba via the draft, any combination of one PG one C.

2018 starting lineup could look something like this:

SF: Isaac
PF: Gordon
C: Jordan
SG: Simmons
PG: Trae Young

6th man: Ross

Lot's of good D and scoring ability right there.

Trae Young and Issac are too raw to have a big impact next season, This team isn't playing playoffs over the next couple of years so I don't see the point picking up DeAndre Jordan on a big contract especially when we are paying $17m for Biyombo for another 2 years after this one.

We aren't going to attract any decent free agents over the next few years as we just don't have the cap room. The best hope this team has got is to tank the next few years for high lottery picks and pick up more 1st round picks and young talent.

Trade, Vucevic, Founier and Payton for picks or young talent.

Payton to Houston for their 2019 1st round pick. They need a back up point guard to keep Chris Paul Fresh

Fournier for a first round pick, playoff teams will be interested come deadline time to booster their rosters, Detroit already interested. R.Jackson, Luke Kennard and Detroits 1st round pick for Fournier and Orlando's 2nd

Vucevic for young talent or draft pick. Minnasota need more spacing in their 2nd unit and Vuce would fit in nicely. Vucevic for Min 1st round pick, Justin Patton and Cole Aldrich

- Could potentially package Detroit's 1st, Minnesota's 1st along with Simmons/Ross into a lottery pick.
- Pick up Kennerd and Patton, both first round picks from last year.
- Aldrich, Jackson and Biyombo bad contracts will be gone freeing up cap room when hopefully our young talent is showing promising signs. Making us more attractive to free agents.
- Will likely be a bottom 5 team again, Draft Bol Bol as our future centre in the following draft.

2018 line up

C. Biyombo - Patton - Speights
PF. Gordon - Lottery pick
SF. Issac - Ross
SG. Jackson - Kennerd
PG. Young - Augustin - Mack

Trae Young and Issac are too raw to have a big impact next season, This team isn't playing playoffs over the next couple of years so I don't see the point picking up DeAndre Jordan on a big contract especially when we are paying $17m for Biyombo for another 2 years after this one.

We aren't going to attract any decent free agents over the next few years as we just don't have the cap room. The best hope this team has got is to tank the next few years for high lottery picks and pick up more 1st round picks and young talent.

Trade, Vucevic, Founier and Payton for picks or young talent.

Payton to Houston for their 2019 1st round pick. They need a back up point guard to keep Chris Paul Fresh

Fournier for a first round pick, playoff teams will be interested come deadline time to booster their rosters, Detroit already interested. R.Jackson, Luke Kennard and Detroits 1st round pick for Fournier and Orlando's 2nd

Vucevic for young talent or draft pick. Minnasota need more spacing in their 2nd unit and Vuce would fit in nicely. Vucevic for Min 1st round pick, Justin Patton and Cole Aldrich

- Could potentially package Detroit's 1st, Minnesota's 1st along with Simmons/Ross into a lottery pick.
- Pick up Kennerd and Patton, both first round picks from last year.
- Aldrich, Jackson and Biyombo bad contracts will be gone freeing up cap room when hopefully our young talent is showing promising signs. Making us more attractive to free agents.
- Will likely be a bottom 5 team again, Draft Bol Bol as our future centre in the following draft.

2018 line up

C. Biyombo - Patton - Speights
PF. Gordon - Lottery pick
SF. Issac - Ross
SG. Jackson - Kennerd
PG. Young - Augustin - Mack

Wouldn't mind a household name-type pick this off-season. One of the top 3 picks rather than a 8-12 kinda pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind a household name-type pick this off-season. One of the top 3 picks rather than a 8-12 kinda pick.

I feel as a small market franchise, we eb and flow on the back of a star player.
We will never get to a point where free agents want to come to us.
Unfortunately the NBA has moved pasted the days where 1 bonafide star can take you to a championship.

Ok I apologize for previous posts, as we sit firmly bolted to the bottom of the ladder I am now in total favour of blowing up the list.
Gotta dump Vuvevic, Payton, and Fournier.

Trae Young has to be our first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back