Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just coming on here to say we should try and do a deal for Conley. Very good player and would be a great fit for us and is under contract for another 3 years i believe. Would propel us to playoff seed.
3 years including this one. By the time his contract expires AG will be 26 and Bamba 23 (JI 24 if he isn't traded) meaning our core will only just be coming into an era of peak performance.

The good thing initially is we will have a good, stable PG to lead a young team. The other good thing is we can hopefully recruit a longer term PG after the contract has expired.

He's on big money but he'd make a huge difference to the Magic.

Trade a 31 year old who has recently struggled to even stay on the court for a package including Isaac, another player like Tobias and Oladipo who is yet to fully develop?

Yep sounds exactly like an Orlando Magic move to me.

Can’t wait til we eventually trade Conley for a bench player and watch Isaac turn into a near all star elsewhere.

Trade a 31 year old who has recently struggled to even stay on the court for a package including Isaac, another player like Tobias and Oladipo who is yet to fully develop?

Yep sounds exactly like an Orlando Magic move to me.

Can’t wait til we eventually trade Conley for a bench player and watch Isaac turn into a near all star elsewhere.
Isaac is like Tobias and Oladipo? I have high hopes but that is a stretch.

I don't think it's a stretch. When we traded both of those guys they had less value than JI has now.
Only because they were on a big contract or about to hit a big contract. Both players were performing much better than JI ever has. VO with 17ppg, 5r & 4a and Tobias 17ppg, 6r & 2a.

JI is on 8p/5r per game.

Only because they were on a big contract or about to hit a big contract. Both players were performing much better than JI ever has. VO with 17ppg, 5r & 4a and Tobias 17ppg, 6r & 2a.

JI is on 8p/5r per game.

That's why I said value rather than production.

Do you really think it's time to punt JI? He's half way through his 2nd season after after an injury interrupted first year. IMO there's no way we've given him enough time.

That's why I said value rather than production.

Do you really think it's time to punt JI? He's half way through his 2nd season after after an injury interrupted first year. IMO there's no way we've given him enough time.
I'd only move JI if it meant we were substantially improving the team

Rumour has it that Lonzo would rather be traded to a third team if the Lakers and Pelicans do a deal. We need a point and i would hope that we try and get involved if it is true. His shooting isn't great but everything else about his game is solid and fits our needs and i believe he'd flourish with a smaller market team like us where's there's less pressure from the media and fans to win like there is in LA. Having an AG and Lonzo connection could be real fun to watch.

He's very good defensively as well which fits our structure. We would then need to find a pure scoring shooting guard like reddish to complete the team.

PG- Ball
SG- Reddish
SG- Isaac
PF- Gordon
C- Bamba

Bench- Augustine, Simmons, ect

Isaac is like Tobias and Oladipo? I have high hopes but that is a stretch.

We traded Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka on a one year rental - a package which OKC got Paul George for a year later after Oladipo, who was playing off the ball, hadn’t shown any notable improvement and Sabonis had shown glimpses at best.

We traded a freshly signed Tobias Harris, on a relatively cheap four year deal, to Detroit for Jennings and Ilyasova, a deal that’s even more bewildering now than it was at the time.

So yes, we have a recent history of dealing away our best young prospects for garbage in return. I’m not saying Isaac isn’t expendable for the right deal but a 31 year old Mike Conley who is tracking to be a poor mans Chris Paul injury wise isn’t a deal I’d be making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We traded Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka on a one year rental - a package which OKC got Paul George for a year later after Oladipo, who was playing off the ball, hadn’t shown any notable improvement and Sabonis had shown glimpses at best.

We traded a freshly signed Tobias Harris, on a relatively cheap four year deal, to Detroit for Jennings and Ilyasova, a deal that’s even more bewildering now than it was at the time.

So yes, we have a recent history of dealing away our best young prospects for garbage in return. I’m not saying Isaac isn’t expendable for the right deal but a 31 year old Mike Conley who is tracking to be a poor mans Chris Paul injury wise isn’t a deal I’d be making.
31 isn't old in NBA terms. Just saying that because you keep mentioning his age like this is AFL or something

Crazy. I wish we would take risks like this more often, Dallas will be top 5 record wise next year. They've gone from Champs to scrubs back to potential Champs again all within 8 seasons. Meanwhile we've just sat around the bottom of the east the whole time.

Good vuc thoroughly deserved it. Hopefully it increases his trade value.
A nice 30 point game from Ross did his trade value no harm.

Hopefully front office doesn't think we're still in the race.

Good vuc thoroughly deserved it. Hopefully it increases his trade value.
A nice 30 point game from Ross did his trade value no harm.

Hopefully front office doesn't think we're still in the race.

Dallas rumoured to be happy to wait till FA for Vuc, has the same agent as Doncic and Mavs are very keen. Vuc suits them, allows KP to play 4 and Vuc stretches the floor and does dirty work inside. Vuc would be keen you’d think, Dallas will be contending in the west for a long time.

Must trade!!!

Some hypotheticals in a recent Zac Lowe article.

Vuc for KCP (expiring contract) and the Lakers first.
Ross for a heavily protected first or 2 2nds.
Ross or Ross and a 2nd for Fultz.
I reckon that undervalues both players a bit. KCP is trash and the Lakers first will be in the 20s most likely. Ross for Fultz straight swap would be the only trade I'd go for.

Some hypotheticals in a recent Zac Lowe article.

Vuc for KCP (expiring contract) and the Lakers first.
Ross for a heavily protected first or 2 2nds.
Ross or Ross and a 2nd for Fultz.

I think AD is a lock for Lakers, Vuc won't be with them. The best way we can capitalise is to then work with Boston, possibly ask for a young piece + Baynes to make salaries match? Brown and Baynes for Vuc seems fair to me, hopefully then look to move Fournier so Brown could play the 2.

All hypotheticals of course but I just want to see some damn moves, I've even read that we've put Bamba on the table in multiple trades which says to me they may try and sign Vuc. If we do that then AG has to go and so would Bamba you'd think, this core of Fournier/AG/Vuc has to be broken up, its no good.

I reckon that undervalues both players a bit. KCP is trash and the Lakers first will be in the 20s most likely. Ross for Fultz straight swap would be the only trade I'd go for.

KCP is so so so so bad. Would prefer to take Otto Porters salary lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back