Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
If fultz only costs us an expiring contact than he is most definately with the risk.
Even if he can't shoot he still has the quickness to get to the basket.
Better still if we could have over Jonathan Simmons they we free up further cap space

Mitchemx

Club Legend
Feb 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
But does anyone actually want Vuc? We've been saying he's tradeable for about 2 years now and he hasn't gone anywhere.

As much as I've been all in on the trade Vuc bandwagon the last few years, the man is playing insane. Putting up all star numbers at the moment and if he keeps it up he will have gather plenty of interest nearing the deadline.

He is also our best player and I highly doubt the FO is going to move him whilst we're still in play off contention. Bamba is soo bad at the moment there is no rush for him to start.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I'm on the Wall train, the only way we're going to get a franchise player is by trading one in with a huge contract. Seems like a good opportunity to turn the franchise around.

I agree, wall would be perfect, especially if we could keep our first rounder.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
https://www.inquisitr.com/5179316/n...than-isaac-evan-fournier-cbs-sports-suggests/

Wall for Fournier, Isaac and Augustin. Not sure if I like the idea of giving up on Isaac but nothing is free I guess.

I watched DJ closely yesterday and when faced with a similar sized 1 in Cook he was excellent, his overall skill set is really good its just a shame he is so small and now days you need to be 6.3 to compete. I DO NOT want to give them Isaac, have a look at what he is producing after 35 games? He is an all-star level talent and better still has no ego what so ever, just works his arse off. I would prefer to send AG + EF for Wall and Mahini, that will work salary wise.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
I watched DJ closely yesterday and when faced with a similar sized 1 in Cook he was excellent, his overall skill set is really good its just a shame he is so small and now days you need to be 6.3 to compete. I DO NOT want to give them Isaac, have a look at what he is producing after 35 games? He is an all-star level talent and better still has no ego what so ever, just works his arse off. I would prefer to send AG + EF for Wall and Mahini, that will work salary wise.
AG is going nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I think it's important to keep our BIG core together. They're our point of difference to most teams.
Everyone else is tradable, especially vucevic and Ross. We will lose both next year to free agency, so let's trade them to make the most of the howard/Ibaka debacle.
Sooner the better while there value is at its highest, hope to draft a reddish style player and make an offer to the best point guard on the market.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think it's important to keep our BIG core together. They're our point of difference to most teams.
Everyone else is tradable, especially vucevic and Ross. We will lose both next year to free agency, so let's trade them to make the most of the howard/Ibaka debacle.
Sooner the better while there value is at its highest, hope to draft a reddish style player and make an offer to the best point guard on the market.

Gee its getting harder and harder to want to move both of those guys, Vuc and Ross have been epic and Vuc's D has improved a fair whack the last 4-5 games, he was been protecting the rim pretty well and moving his feet defending the bigs much better. In saying that, long term I don't think there is another option, even look at Bamba's per 36 stats, they are incredible, you can only imagine what he will produce in years 3+.

I have said it all along, I love AG but I'd prefer to keep Isaac than AG, if Isaac could play that stretch 4 position I think he could be an all-star, the length when he and Bamba are on the floor is insane. Finally there is some hope.

Gee its getting harder and harder to want to move both of those guys, Vuc and Ross have been epic and Vuc's D has improved a fair whack the last 4-5 games, he was been protecting the rim pretty well and moving his feet defending the bigs much better. In saying that, long term I don't think there is another option, even look at Bamba's per 36 stats, they are incredible, you can only imagine what he will produce in years 3+.

I have said it all along, I love AG but I'd prefer to keep Isaac than AG, if Isaac could play that stretch 4 position I think he could be an all-star, the length when he and Bamba are on the floor is insane. Finally there is some hope.
Isaac kinda reminds me of Kevin Garnett

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Isaac kinda reminds me of Kevin Garnett

Oh man 100%.. maybe just a little less finesse on his jumper, but he has similar frame albeit longer and he is a more dynamic athlete. I heard a commentator say he recently measured 7ft, that means he has grown 2 inches since being drafted.

What could he realistically become?

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FYI - KG averaged 10/6 through his first 80 games playing that hybrid SF role, similar to Isaac.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
We've been very scrappy this season (in a good way) last two loses we were in winning positions, only to have the game taken away from us by two top 5 players in the league.
It also shows that we need a superstar to compliment this team.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You couldn't honestly sell the idea to Wall of coming to the Magic without having him there. Doesn't make sense

Why? AG hasn't come on like an All-Star we thought he would be, he is in his 5th season now and we have seen moderate improvements. Don't get me wrong, he is a good baller, but he isn't a franchise guy and he isn't an All-Star level guy, he may eventually get there but I think Isaacs ceiling is much higher. Did you watch JI yesterday playing the stretch 4? He is into game 30 odd and finally getting some conditioning back and he looked right at home, his shot has a better rhythm, he looks more comfortable defending inside and the post, his length is perfect, I think long term he needs to play that position.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We've been very scrappy this season (in a good way) last two loses we were in winning positions, only to have the game taken away from us by two top 5 players in the league.
It also shows that we need a superstar to compliment this team.

Wall guarding Lillard its a different outcome.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apparently we're targeting Frank Ntilikina. Not sure why we would go after another PG with no offensive game.

Where did you read that? dudes game isn't modern NBA, he rose in the draft due to the level he was playing at France which would be a ways off the NBL. Weitman is obsessed with lengthy players at all positions, surely we just bring in a proven talent in some way or another to play 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back