Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just read it... Seems a bit flimsy, I dont think Ntilkina or Fultz is the answer.

Where did you read that? dudes game isn't modern NBA, he rose in the draft due to the level he was playing at France which would be a ways off the NBL. Weitman is obsessed with lengthy players at all positions, surely we just bring in a proven talent in some way or another to play 1.
Bleacher report but it's on a few other news sites now. The reasoning is that apparently we've had a recruitment scout watching him for a week now.

Could we end up with Payton coming back?
Not a chance
How long until we lose Gordon? :(

Never a destination.
We won't, not until he is superfluous anyway. The new management is very calculated in each of their decisions and unless we got huge overs then it won't happen.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not a chance

We won't, not until he is superfluous anyway. The new management is very calculated in each of their decisions and unless we got huge overs then it won't happen.

Somehow we pulled out 2 wins from playing poorly in both games, we really lack a go to scorer.

On AG, I’ve said it all season that everything he does seem hard, he rarely gets easy baskets, he lacks the handles to get separation for clear jumpers and has a shotty Jump shot that’s unreliable. I think he has hit his ceiling.

Also this may not go down well but I would be trading Vucevic right now, he is at his valuable and it’s 100% clear he isn’t out long term centre. I read the Celtics are very keen, I would be asking for Jalin Brown + a swap of salaries to get the deal done. I am more happy to run with DJ for the rest of the season and cash in Vucevic for a potential star piece, Jalin is elite in a lot of areas and is only getting rotation minutes.

Somehow we pulled out 2 wins from playing poorly in both games, we really lack a go to scorer.

On AG, I’ve said it all season that everything he does seem hard, he rarely gets easy baskets, he lacks the handles to get separation for clear jumpers and has a shotty Jump shot that’s unreliable. I think he has hit his ceiling.

Also this may not go down well but I would be trading Vucevic right now, he is at his valuable and it’s 100% clear he isn’t out long term centre. I read the Celtics are very keen, I would be asking for Jalin Brown + a swap of salaries to get the deal done. I am more happy to run with DJ for the rest of the season and cash in Vucevic for a potential star piece, Jalin is elite in a lot of areas and is only getting rotation minutes.
Vuc, Ross & our 2019 first for Brown and Rozier. I'd be over the moon with that.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Vuc, Ross & our 2019 first for Brown and Rozier. I'd be over the moon with that.

Would jump at it but salaries don't match.. We would have the best defensive line up in the East with Brown and Rozier, big upgrades in our back court, although probably means Isaac comes out of the rotation until he develops a bit more offence.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We'd probably have to take Baynes to make the money work

I think the Celts would be throwing up to us a Rozier&Baynes for Vuc deal, they've been sounding out Vuc for a long time but have always prioritised AD. If Davis is out of reach then I'd expect them to go hard for Vuc, you could pair him with Horford and you have some front court, especially as Horford is an elite defender and floor spacer.

Perusing the rumour boards and apparently LA is into Ross and we're into Fultz again. Would be interesting if we could somehow turn Ross into Fultz + LA's 2019 first, not that it's going to be all that high of a pick. Having said that, at our current rate we'll make 7th or 8th seed in the East but without Ross that seems unlikely.

Dinwiddie has signed a 3 year/$34m deal to stay at Brooklyn. D'Angelo Russell's contract expires this season and it seems unlikely now that Brooklyn will re-sign him, what do you think of Russell? Personally I'm not a huge fan.

flaps

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2009
Ballarat via Melbourne via Hobart via Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Albury Bandits, Orlando Magic
Dinwiddie has signed a 3 year/$34m deal to stay at Brooklyn. D'Angelo Russell's contract expires this season and it seems unlikely now that Brooklyn will re-sign him, what do you think of Russell? Personally I'm not a huge fan.
We could do worse. Would be about time we got a high draft pick back in our team that could use their potential as opposed to us letting them go and flourish elsewhere.

still a chance of scraping into the finals?
yes because the East is trash, our best is very good (belting Toronto) and our worst is extremely terrible (losing to Chicago and getting wrecked by Charlotte) so it is impossible to say if we will make it. Lots of teams with similar records to us but better rosters like Charlotte and Washington etc

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
yes because the East is trash, our best is very good (belting Toronto) and our worst is extremely terrible (losing to Chicago and getting wrecked by Charlotte) so it is impossible to say if we will make it. Lots of teams with similar records to us but better rosters like Charlotte and Washington etc

We have played well above our talent level due to coach Clifford’s defence first focus and playing through Vuc on offence, all in all our squad is young and lacks all star talent.

On the East, it has improved a hell of a lot, legitimately the champions could come from the East. Toronto is the obvious and when healthy they are going to be hard to beat, Phily obviously need some shooting but they can contend and don’t sleep on the C’s especially with Ainge at the healm.

I’ve said it for a long time, we need to move Vuc while his playing at this level, he has never been as valuable asset as he is now.

Back