Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If this kid fixes his shoulder issue then he could be anything... hopefully he sits the rest of the season, works on his injury and can get his shot back.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Good move. Gets him away from the egos in the 76ers locker room and will no longer have Simmons stunting his growth as a point. Fresh start will do Markelle wonders hopefully.

I'm happy with this. Simmons has been garbage this year and the OKC was top 20 protected. If it doesn't convey it becomes OKC 2022 and 2023 second round picks. We pretty much gave up nothing for Fultz

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm happy with this. Simmons has been garbage this year and the OKC was top 20 protected. If it doesn't convey it becomes OKC 2022 and 2023 second round picks. We pretty much gave up nothing for Fultz

Originally Woj just tweeted 1st rounder, I started flipping my lid but as more details came to hand it was looking more and more favourable to us. Fultz even without the ability to shoot further than 15ft is better than DJ, I might be harsh on DJ but he is just so bad defensively and gets picked on for iso's and pick and roll switches, no room for 6ft guards anymore.

Say Fultz gets his shot back and the nerve issue is resolved, what can he be projected to be? You can see he can get to the basket anytime he wants, he has great handles, he collapses the D which gives him a huge chance to pile up big assist numbers and he can create his shot off the dribble with ease (obviously can't hit them with his injury), he is also an elite defender with good size. He is an all-star talent stuck in a body that hasn't allowed him to develop, let's hope this nerve issue stuff is legit a physical injury and he can come back and be a cornerstone for us.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Now what do we do with Vucevic and Ross? Letting them leave will give us roughly $24 mil in salary cap this off season.
Vuc will probably end up in Dallas if Cuban wants him and i think we should try to re-sign Ross and give him more minutes and move Fournier next season.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Can only imagine we didn't want to move Ross or vuc,

We inherited 10million in the fultz trade which pretty much cancels out vucevic.

Omega Blue

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2012
Ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Also Philadelphia may have been compelled to make this move due to Simmons being on a 1mill contact next year, they save 10mill to help afford there big 4.

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
Can only imagine we didn't want to move Ross or vuc,

We inherited 10million in the fultz trade which pretty much cancels out vucevic.
They probably think we're still a chance for playoffs which we are if things go our way and we start winning (obviously lol). Don't think we would've got much for Vuc anyway to be honest seeing as the top teams in contention are set for big men.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
We have to sign Vuc now one would think, but he may have his heart set on Dallas considering he has the same agent as Doncic and Dallas tried to trade for him. I would let TRoss walk, that may open up the chance to trade away either AG or Fournier and significantly upgrade one of the 2-3 spots.

I think management need to make a decision on the front court, how much longer can we go with the Vuc/AG/JI front court? It hasn't meshed, JI is clearly better suited guarding the 4 and playing that stretch 4 position, he is improving with more touches. AG can't play the 3, yes he can stretch the floor but he has terrible handles, struggles to create his own shot and seems much more comfortable banging inside the pain where he gets a lot of hustle points or easy buckets un-attended.

It looks like we will probably have another year of Bamba backing up Vuc and I get the feeling we are more invested in JI than AG so wouldn't be surprised if AG is shopped at some stage, for some reason Fournier has just had a golden ticket at Orlando and has never been looked at as a moveable object.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Teams would be kicking themselves not trading for Ross, easily in the calculations for 6th man of the year

Lou Williams?

I’m getting excited thinking perhaps, just maybe, there’s a chance Fultzs mechanics come back as a shooter :)

Lou Williams?

I’m getting excited thinking perhaps, just maybe, there’s a chance Fultzs mechanics come back as a shooter :)
I've done some reading today and there is nothing to say his mechanics are gone forever. Many people speculate that is biggest challenge will be the mental side of things, so hopefully playing on a team like Orlando will lessen the pressure on him to be a beast straight up.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fultz is a nice get, hope it works out for him. Don’t understand why you didn’t trade Ross? Any idea why?

I personally would have traded Vucevic too but if they’re confident they can re-sign him

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've done some reading today and there is nothing to say his mechanics are gone forever. Many people speculate that is biggest challenge will be the mental side of things, so hopefully playing on a team like Orlando will lessen the pressure on him to be a beast straight up.

Apparently his injury legit restricts movement via nerves from his neck to shoulder, could explain the pushing motion in his shot.

Apparently his injury legit restricts movement via nerves from his neck to shoulder, could explain the pushing motion in his shot.
Yeah it definitely hampers his mechanics but I've read that it can be completely healed so we're still a chance to see him reach his pre-draft projected peak. Watching his highlights package and he reminds me a little of Kemba Walker without the 3pt ability.

Fultz is a nice get, hope it works out for him. Don’t understand why you didn’t trade Ross? Any idea why?

I personally would have traded Vucevic too but if they’re confident they can re-sign him
If they want to re-sign Vucevic they need to show him that they want to win now and aim for the playoffs. Keeping Ross is showing they are trying to win instead of tanking.

If they want to re-sign Vucevic they need to show him that they want to win now and aim for the playoffs. Keeping Ross is showing they are trying to win instead of tanking.
Ross is also incredibly good off the bench, only just turned 28 and will be able to be retained on a very reasonable salary. Giving him up for a second round pick would have been pointless

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn

We can’t keep Vuc/AG and JI... that’s an awkward front court and doesn’t compliment each other at all, it’s also shown to be very limited on both ends of the floor.

I think JI is the better fit next to Vuc, but I think long term that AG is the better fit next to Mo although JI and a more physically developed Mo Bamba is going to be dynamic duo defensively.

Our squad is so out of whack, JI looks much better in that stretch 4 position than playing on the wings but AG can’t really play that role but he has the better size and athleticism to do it. Not sure what we really stand for, not sure what type of ball club we are.

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ross is also incredibly good off the bench, only just turned 28 and will be able to be retained on a very reasonable salary. Giving him up for a second round pick would have been pointless

He would have been better for Phily than loading up with Tobias if you ask me.

Back