Orlando Magic Supporter Clan - Dunk contest winners not welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the Fultz press convo with Clifford and Weltman, his injury is legit. He explains it as “very hard to explain if you haven’t been through it, but those who have had TOS (I think that’s it) all know exactly how it is”.

Basically he loses feeling through his shoulder and his fingers tingle and lose feeling, he also experiences pain hence that pushing motion (take the pressure off I think), it seems a complex injury.

He will continue to rehab in LA with our medical guys as well as his, can’t see him back this season.

Just watched the Fultz press convo with Clifford and Weltman, his injury is legit. He explains it as “very hard to explain if you haven’t been through it, but those who have had TOS (I think that’s it) all know exactly how it is”.

Basically he loses feeling through his shoulder and his fingers tingle and lose feeling, he also experiences pain hence that pushing motion (take the pressure off I think), it seems a complex injury.

He will continue to rehab in LA with our medical guys as well as his, can’t see him back this season.
That was expected, the bright side is that he has a good chance of recovering so hopefully given the time required he'll be able to reach the potential he had in college

Todays game is relatively big. We're 2 games behind Charlotte and they may be the team we have to dislodge to make the playoffs.
And we're absolutely pantsing them. This team, JI specifically are balling out at the minute.

I've liked Birch and Iwundu since we picked them up but with losing Simmons and Bamba's injury its been awesome watching them (with Briscoe) just hustling like their life depends on it. I'd always considered how other teams young unknown players always seemed to try a lot harder than ours and now we have our own Jr clean up crew and it really shows on the scoreboard.

I've liked Birch and Iwundu since we picked them up but with losing Simmons and Bamba's injury its been awesome watching them (with Briscoe) just hustling like their life depends on it. I'd always considered how other teams young unknown players always seemed to try a lot harder than ours and now we have our own Jr clean up crew and it really shows on the scoreboard.
Just gotta hope we can keep the intensity after the All-Star break. I feel like this new found spurt could be crucified by the break and having to restart. Still positive though I guess.

Great run, I really didn't think we where capable with how we played on the road trip but it's good to see. JI continuing his development, it's exciting to think what he could become next year, certainly well on the way to being a 2 way beast.

I'm not getting to excited yet, we are likely to go on a losing streak at some stage but still the signs are good to see...

If we make playoffs we could push for a finals spot the way we play against the top teams but we won't make playoffs if we keep losing to teams worse than us.

Embarrassing yesterday
Very bad, but our issues seem like ones that can easily be fixed such as missing FT's and poor fouling. We're currently up by 12 v the Raps which will be a much better reflection on how we have handled the All Star break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better game today, Raps without Kawhi but a win is a win and by double figures at their stadium makes it even better.

Chicago and Charlotte tend to always have the wood over us
You see this happen with good young AFL teams, they become complacent in games they are strong favourites and drop their bundle. That happened to us against the Bulls. Having said that, the 3 Bulls that played well (Porter, Markkanen and LaVine) are all very good players & the Bulls followed the win against us up with a 10 point win over Boston.

raptors without Leonard true but any team with, bench options of Ibaka, Lin ect, the raptors literally run 12 deep quality NBA players. Always good to beat them

raptors without Leonard true but any team with, bench options of Ibaka, Lin ect, the raptors literally run 12 deep quality NBA players. Always good to beat them
We've beat the top two East teams by a combined 35 points away from home in our last 6 games

Liking the look of this Magic team. Finally I can see light at the end of the tunnel. This team can be very good in a few years time.

Liking the look of this Magic team. Finally I can see light at the end of the tunnel. This team can be very good in a few years time.
The thing I'm liking about this team, especially right now is we're pretty much a ground up, built not bought rebuild. All of our players we either drafted ourselves or traded for when they weren't really coveted by many other teams (Fournier, Vuc etc). Hopefully Fultz gets his powers back and we turn the Vuc/Bamba equation into a profitable sum.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/nba...-remaining-schedule/c69hh00ma3g3170v3rm5fjxdy

LOL they have us 24th on the power rankings.

Rest of the NBA
11. Utah Jazz
12. LA Clippers
13. Sacramento Kings
14. Brooklyn Nets
15. San Antonio Spurs
16. Los Angeles Lakers
17. Detroit Pistons
18. Charlotte Hornets
19. Miami Heat
20. Minnesota Timberwolves
21. New Orleans Pelicans
22. Dallas Mavericks
23. Washington Wizards
24. Orlando Magic
25. Atlanta Hawks
26. Chicago Bulls
27. Cleveland Cavaliers
28. Memphis Grizzlies
29. Phoenix Suns
30. New York Knicks

Should be 16th at the very least! Charlotte 18th LOL

Ah the real power rankings puts us at 16th :)

https://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2018-19-week-20?collection=news

ORL.svg

Last week:
Orlando Magic
Record: 28-33
Pace: 98.7 (27) OffRtg: 106.8 (23) DefRtg: 107.7 (9) NetRtg:-0.8 (19)
The Magic should probably be in eighth place now. But they're 8-2 in their last 10 games and not 9-1, because Aaron Gordon fouled Lauri Markkanen (pretty blatantly) on a 3-point attempt with 1.5 seconds left (and because the Magic shot 13-for-24 on their own free throws) on Friday. The Magic starting lineup hasn't been much better over this 10-2 stretch (plus-6.0 points per 100 possessions) than it was prior (plus-4.2). But bench minutes have been much better and it might not be a coincidence that the run almost coincides with an injury to Mo Bamba, who has the third-worst on-court NetRtg (minus-15.2)among 299 players that have averaged at least 15 minutes in 25 games or more. Khem Birch has taken Bamba's spot in the rotation and the Magic have outscored their opponents by 11.7 points per 100 possessions (and allowed less than 94 per 100) in 149 minutes with Birch on the floor over the last nine games.
Week 20: @ NYK, vs. GSW, @ IND, @ CLE

Haha, I doubt it but it would be nice...

Bamba becoming more and more expendable as we go.
I was on the trade Vuc train, and have been for 2 years now. I've hopped off, there is no way we can let him go for nothing in FA. After yesterdays game though I'm happy to get rid of Ross. Hopefully Cliff has learned that he can't have TRoss out there forcing shots all night. TRoss and Fournier lost us that game.. Well that and our bench being outscored by 63 (!) points

I was on the trade Vuc train, and have been for 2 years now. I've hopped off, there is no way we can let him go for nothing in FA. After yesterdays game though I'm happy to get rid of Ross. Hopefully Cliff has learned that he can't have TRoss out there forcing shots all night. TRoss and Fournier lost us that game.. Well that and our bench being outscored by 63 (!) points

Yup, signing Vuc is a must... means that Bamba becomes a trade block candidate, you can’t deny the +- numbers with him on the floor.

Man, I have wanted Fournier gone for so long..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back